C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

What tune is the best for C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
What tune is the best for C63 AMG

Been shopping around heard good things from a friend with a OE Tune and heard zero complaints but was wondering if there's a similar Tune at a more reasonable price?
Old 06-27-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
AC/DC "Back In Black"

Best tune for the C63 by far
The following 2 users liked this post by -Marlin-:
CeeSexy3 (10-18-2019), Lionel Lillard (04-18-2022)
Old 06-27-2014, 06:47 AM

2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
AC/DC "Back In Black"

Best tune for the C63 by far
I opened this thread with the intention of posting my favorite "tune". You beat me to it!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Lol
Old 06-27-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
LOL! Bunch of smarty pants on this forum

sj19amg,

Haven't ad mine tuned yet but a lot of people on here prefer Eurocharged.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I've had both Eurocharged and OE. OE is far more aggressive. Eurocharged is nice for daily driving and smoothness. Both, deliver so you can't go wrong either way. Currently running the eurocharged. But, when it comes time to put headers and set up nitrous, then I will go back to OE.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I have the OE tune.

I called OE tuning and spoke to Jeremy, he then sent me three tunes (93oct, E85 and MS109 race gas).

The handheld is easy to use - I loaded the 93oct and drove it for roughly two days later, during that time I received my new K&N's filters and slapped 'em in. Yes, carbon filters are bye bye.

With the OE [93oct] tune and K&N's installed (no charcoal), I headed back to the same dyno I baselined at 368rwhp and right away the car responded with a 437rwhp ALL SAE figures...that's a pick up of 69rwhp!!!

I was like no way, so we pulled it over and over mainly in 4th gear and results were very consistant - the poor car got super hot and it still made low to mid 420's rwhp with AFR at that point between 11.9 and 12.3. I like the fact that it got fatter as the coolant and oil temps were above 200F degrees...it protects the motor. Lean is not always mean boys and girls.

Anyway, I'm happy with the OE tune.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
That is a good post with meaningful info re: A/F ratio
Better to be conservative than eek out every last HP

I'd like to see a tuner provide more info like this
Basically we restored the detuned c63 software to the e63 spec
If that is done you can be sure it will cause no issues since they share the same engine

Originally Posted by HardC63
I have the OE tune.

I called OE tuning and spoke to Jeremy, he then sent me three tunes (93oct, E85 and MS109 race gas).

The handheld is easy to use - I loaded the 93oct and drove it for roughly two days later, during that time I received my new K&N's filters and slapped 'em in. Yes, carbon filters are bye bye.

With the OE [93oct] tune and K&N's installed (no charcoal), I headed back to the same dyno I baselined at 368rwhp and right away the car responded with a 437rwhp ALL SAE figures...that's a pick up of 69rwhp!!!

I was like no way, so we pulled it over and over mainly in 4th gear and results were very consistant - the poor car got super hot and it still made low to mid 420's rwhp with AFR at that point between 11.9 and 12.3. I like the fact that it got fatter as the coolant and oil temps were above 200F degrees...it protects the motor. Lean is not always mean boys and girls.

Anyway, I'm happy with the OE tune.

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-27-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
Originally Posted by sj19amg
Been shopping around heard good things from a friend with a OE Tune and heard zero complaints but was wondering if there's a similar Tune at a more reasonable price?
Best tune ever...507 package
Old 06-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
i love my OE tune it pulls insanely hard, but i wish jeremy would put in the downshift blips just for the hell of it because ever since EC's done it, it makes downshifting 1000x better (sound wise)...OE pulls a bit harder though then EC but EC still pulls hard they are both very similar
Old 06-27-2014, 01:52 PM

C63
Originally Posted by avery.whss
i love my OE tune it pulls insanely hard, but i wish jeremy would put in the downshift blips just for the hell of it because ever since EC's done it, it makes downshifting 1000x better (sound wise)...OE pulls a bit harder though then EC but EC still pulls hard they are both very similar
I've already talked to Jeremy about the blip. It basically does nothing for performance. And, in logic I don't understand why an mct which already has a "blip" would need more blip... What eurocharged basically does is on downshift they re-open the throttle body and boom car revs more on downshift. In my opinion it's a nice way to put more stress on the transmission and a good way to shock it.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by Petakii63
I've already talked to Jeremy about the blip. It basically does nothing for performance. And, in logic I don't understand why an mct which already has a "blip" would need more blip... What eurocharged basically does is on downshift they re-open the throttle body and boom car revs more on downshift. In my opinion it's a nice way to put more stress on the transmission and a good way to shock it.
This is a little off topic, but I've got the eurocharged V5 tune, with blips, and I wondered if they wouldn't put stress on the exhaust, if anything? Not sure about trans, etc., but what exactly is the "blip"? Isn't it vibration of/within the exhaust system or is it something else?
Old 06-27-2014, 02:35 PM

C63
Originally Posted by jcfay
This is a little off topic, but I've got the eurocharged V5 tune, with blips, and I wondered if they wouldn't put stress on the exhaust, if anything? Not sure about trans, etc., but what exactly is the "blip"? Isn't it vibration of/within the exhaust system or is it something else?
A blip brings up the rpm to match the lower gear rpm. Has nothing to do with our exhaust. The v5 is not a true blip because in order to do achieve a true blip on this car you would need to take out you valve body and send it weistec or renntech to be reprogrammed.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Our transmission has 6 clutch packs that engage rotating elements in the planetary gear sets. (There's a seventh for reverse.) There are three "clutch elements" and three "brake elements."

Every shift involves deactivating one element and activating another. For instance the 4-3 downshift deactivates clutch K2 and activates clutch K3. (The activation is done via solenoids in the valve body.)

The blip increases the engine speed in the tiny interval between the deactivation of K2 and the activation of K3. That way, when K3 engages, bringing the 3rd-gear path into the power train, the engine speed has anticipated the speed the new gear ratio will expect at the car's current speed.

And yes, doing this properly means a very close synchronization between engine and transmission management computers. Done properly, it lessens the stress on the entire power train.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:15 PM

2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by whoover
Our transmission has 6 clutch packs that engage rotating elements in the planetary gear sets. (There's a seventh for reverse.) There are three "clutch elements" and three "brake elements."

Every shift involves deactivating one element and activating another. For instance the 4-3 downshift deactivates clutch K2 and activates clutch K3. (The activation is done via solenoids in the valve body.)

The blip increases the engine speed in the tiny interval between the deactivation of K2 and the activation of K3. That way, when K3 engages, bringing the 3rd-gear path into the power train, the engine speed has anticipated the speed the new gear ratio will expect at the car's current speed.

And yes, doing this properly means a very close synchronization between engine and transmission management computers. Done properly, it lessens the stress on the entire power train.
Nice, thanks. So any exhaust noise that I'm hearing during this is just normal exhaust note that I'd expect at that rev range, etc.? I've driven older trucks and so I'm familiar with matching engine speed, etc., but I wondered if the "blips" (or whatever they should be called) were stressful. Sounds like not a big deal and that the V5 tune if anything could reduce stress on power train.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by whoover
Our transmission has 6 clutch packs that engage rotating elements in the planetary gear sets. (There's a seventh for reverse.) There are three "clutch elements" and three "brake elements." Every shift involves deactivating one element and activating another. For instance the 4-3 downshift deactivates clutch K2 and activates clutch K3. (The activation is done via solenoids in the valve body.) The blip increases the engine speed in the tiny interval between the deactivation of K2 and the activation of K3. That way, when K3 engages, bringing the 3rd-gear path into the power train, the engine speed has anticipated the speed the new gear ratio will expect at the car's current speed. And yes, doing this properly means a very close synchronization between engine and transmission management computers. Done properly, it lessens the stress on the entire power train.
+1 to this. proper blips don't stress the gearbox.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:37 PM

C63
It's not a proper blip. A proper blip can only be modified through the TCU. It's not rocket science but you can't modify the TCU through the ECU. Two different components.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:52 PM

2018 AMG E63s
It's not a proper blip. A proper blip can only be modified through the TCU. It's not rocket science but you can't modify the TCU through the ECU. Two different components.
what the heck is a "proper blip" then?
Old 06-27-2014, 04:10 PM

C63
what the heck is a "proper blip" then?
A proper blip can only be done when modifying the TCU. I'm being honest when I tell you this. V5 is not a true throttle blip. It's a nice trick where you open up the throttle bodies on downshift. Which is cool if you want a mod that has zero benefit whatsoever and a puts a nice shock to the transmission every time you pull the downshift paddle. There's a only two companies than can perform a true throttle blip. Weistec and Renntech. And, in order to do that you must take out your valve body which is inside the transmission, submerged in transmission fluid. But, then again ignorance is bliss. If you think it a legit blip... More power to you. If you don't believe call up renntech or weistec and they'll happily explain.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:11 PM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
So the oe tune is more powerful? What is their website?
Old 06-27-2014, 04:34 PM

2018 AMG E63s
A proper blip can only be done when modifying the TCU. I'm being honest when I tell you this. V5 is not a true throttle blip. It's a nice trick where you open up the throttle bodies on downshift. Which is cool if you want a mod that has zero benefit whatsoever and a puts a nice shock to the transmission every time you pull the downshift paddle. There's a only two companies than can perform a true throttle blip. Weistec and Renntech. And, in order to do that you must take out your valve body which is inside the transmission, submerged in transmission fluid. But, then again ignorance is bliss. If you think it a legit blip... More power to you. If you don't believe call up renntech or weistec and they'll happily explain.
Ignorance ain't bliss in my book. I certainly believe you. Just trying to learn more about mods and what they do. What then is a "true throttle blip" and what benefit does it provide? It sounds like you could explain (not feeling like calling up anyone if that's avoidable...) - thx
Old 06-27-2014, 04:44 PM

C63
Ignorance ain't bliss in my book. I certainly believe you. Just trying to learn more about mods and what they do. What then is a "true throttle blip" and what benefit does it provide? It sounds like you could explain (not feeling like calling up anyone if that's avoidable...) - thx
True throttle blip brings up the rpm to match the lower gear rpm vs. speed of the car. Basically, your rpms will surge On the street it has no benefit whatsoever. Very helpful in while your at the track.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:46 PM

C63
Go search youtube- "renntech throttle blip" that the real McCoy upgrade.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Weistec built the fastest Mercedes in the world. They hold several records on multiple platforms, IMO they are the best tuner and off the best ecu tunes.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:19 PM

C63 AMG
Whether you go Eurocharged, OE Tuning or Weistec I doubt you would have a problem.

I ran OE Tuning for a long time without an issues and my experience with Jeremy was nothing but great.

I moved to Weistec when I added the blower and they have been great as well.

I have also not heard 1 bad comment about Eurocharged, so take your pick

Go search youtube- "renntech throttle blip" that the real McCoy upgrade.
The Renntech throttle blip IS EXACTLY THE SAME as Eurocharged throttle blip.

A guy named Ralf from Germany created software for the blip.

I have heard a few stories about what went down so I am not going to comment as to what happened because I don't know the truth, but Renntech is now selling the software he created. Whether he sold it to them or they stole it from him is another story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What tune is the best for C63 AMG