Brakes Replacement Option...probably again for most

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Brakes Replacement Option...probably again for most

Hi all,

Pre-emptive apologies for asking this question again. My forum search shows little options and some are dated.

I'm looking to replace my brakes (rotors/pads) for a 2009 C63 with the performance package. I realize there are the BBK like Brembo or Racing Brakes or OEM two piece. Just curious if there are any more options now. I liked the now-defunct Evosport's version with Girodisc rotors and Porterfield R4-S pads. Does any vendor/manufacturer offer a similar package? Does Ferodo make the DS2500 pads for our cars now?

Lastly, what other component would one replace at the same time: rotor hat screws / shims / spring clips / etc.?

Thanks in advance.

-H
Old 09-03-2014, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Hi there,

I think you're on the right track with your choice selections.

Have you considered pricing out the OE rotor discs? You already have a 2 piece setup. You can re-use your OE hats if I'm not mistaken. Are your rear rotors 2 piece or single piece with aluminium hat?

Girodisc / racing brake are both good for rotor options. Check out one of the online vendors in the classifieds. They all ship to Canada and can price out a package for you.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Kriston
Hi there,

I think you're on the right track with your choice selections.

Have you considered pricing out the OE rotor discs? You already have a 2 piece setup. You can re-use your OE hats if I'm not mistaken. Are your rear rotors 2 piece or single piece with aluminium hat?

Girodisc / racing brake are both good for rotor options. Check out one of the online vendors in the classifieds. They all ship to Canada and can price out a package for you.

Thx!

I can't find OE rotor discs by themselves...seems to be hat + rotors. Besides, I'd have to get new hardware and someone to re & re the part. Probably gets close to the full set in the end.

BTW, I saw your posts where you found pricing for the Girodisc. May I know which vendor you got the pricing from? PM me if you don't want to publicize the source.

Cheers.

Hedwig
Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
yeah, I too found that the oem ring is not available by itself. FYI, I heard it was a brembo product, so contacted brembo, but no response. I may go with racing brake or benzworks when the time comes, as those rings are replaceable. I was even considering just slapping on the much cheaper oem one piece, but not my first choice.

Last edited by m a x i m u s; 09-04-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
call up vivid or acg for a good deal
Old 09-04-2014, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Contact Tal @ ACG for the Girodisc pricing. Pretty good pricing actually!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
If you want something that will bite really good this is the best brake pads.
Performance wise they are the best but dust wise they are the worst .

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/search.php
Old 09-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63AMG, NIssan NX2000, Pontiac Fiero GT
Getting ready here also 2009, 30K, daily driver. Choking on the prospects of $2k for parts alone... This car is street driven. I would downgrade to solid fronts and see a $650 parts package, but (get this) the wife insists on the 2 piece fronts (although she would never feel the difference.) Still undecided.

Although I do not pursue wheel options it would seem there might be lightweigt wheels which would offset the weight of the solid fronts. I know,I know...gotta have both .

Another rather strange phenom I came accross. Centric has released a classic drawing of a 2 pc front @ 30 lbs and brake warehouse has shown the drawing for months . Contact with them is marginal and "no stock." Contact with Centric was not definitive. Ref 127.35103.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
Hi all,

Pre-emptive apologies for asking this question again. My forum search shows little options and some are dated.

I'm looking to replace my brakes (rotors/pads) for a 2009 C63 with the performance package. I realize there are the BBK like Brembo or Racing Brakes or OEM two piece. Just curious if there are any more options now. I liked the now-defunct Evosport's version with Girodisc rotors and Porterfield R4-S pads. Does any vendor/manufacturer offer a similar package? Does Ferodo make the DS2500 pads for our cars now?

Lastly, what other component would one replace at the same time: rotor hat screws / shims / spring clips / etc.?

Thanks in advance.

-H
Thank you for keeping us in mind
as you RacingBrake offers light weight two piece rotors for C63's

If you do happen to go with us for weight savings and increased braking performance, you wont have to sacrifice that once its time to replace.
We offer replacement rotors that come with all the necessary hardware and instructions to replace the worn out rings at home.
VERY straight forward process. Just nuts and bolts, nothing else!

Our two piece rotors come with ET500 brake pads which provide a better bite over stock, little to no squealing and brake dust.

C63 Front Two Piece Rotors

C63 Complete Front and Rear Two Piece Rotor Package

Contact us for specific details and special pricing

Weight Savings

Front
OE One-piece 36 lbs.
OE Two-piece 29 lbs.
RB Two-piece 24 lbs.
RB Weight Savings:
12 lbs. vs. OE One-piece
5 lbs. vs. OE Two-piece

One-piece 21.5 lbs.
Two-piece 16.0 lbs
Weight Savings: 5.5 lbs.

Our Two Piece Rotors shave off a complete total of 35 lbs off your car!
Increasing your Braking, Handling, and Acceleration. While keeping the functionality of your ebrake (if you go with our rear that is).

Check out these reviews made by other MB owners.

Racing Brake makes me happy
World's First: RacingBrake 2-Piece Brake Rotors ...
The Ultimate Rotating & Unspring Mass Reduction Thread ...
E63 Front Rotor Replacement DIY - RacingBrake
https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...squealing.html

-Chris