Sponsored by:

Mygenius tips and tricks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
Sorry - give Eurocharged a call in the morning. They'll probably know right away why this happens. :-(
Old 10-14-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Emailed Jerry already. thanks for the input though!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by santi210
Just got my tune today and tried to load it. I have no clue if it loaded correctly or not. I followed the steps on here as well as the prompts on the my genius hand held. Went through the "on and off ignition" prompts about 3 times and at the end got an error code of 0x3311 change of status not possible. Now before the second cycle of "tuen ignition on" came up i saw a message real quick on the handheld about the ECU then it went away. I never got any fans going or anything. Any ideas?
Sounds similar to the problem I had with the ID file not being correctly generated.

You are already following up with EC, but if you are having trouble resolving with them, my suggestion would be to reset the device (option on the menus), and go through the ID process again (sending the ID file to EC for them to reapply the tune).
Old 10-14-2014, 09:25 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Bardman
Sounds similar to the problem I had with the ID file not being correctly generated.

You are already following up with EC, but if you are having trouble resolving with them, my suggestion would be to reset the device (option on the menus), and go through the ID process again (sending the ID file to EC for them to reapply the tune).
Thank, I was questions if my ID file was downloaded correctly to the device. Question…If my ID file is downloaded correctly will the vehicle still be able to start and drive?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:32 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Thank, I was questions if my ID file was downloaded correctly to the device. Question…If my ID file is downloaded correctly will the vehicle still be able to start and drive?
Just to be clear:
- When you plug in the device to your car for the first time to "ID" the vehicle, it simply downloads data from your car onto the device. No updates are made to the car
- You then send this ID file to the tuner (via email) who then applies the tune to it and sends it back to you as a new file
- You then load this file onto the device
- Finally you plug the device back into the car and apply the tune. This is the only point when changes are made to your car. This should either be fully applied or not applied at all. It should never end up partially applied. The only time I could see this happening would be if the battery fails in your car mid update. I guess this is why it keeps asking you to confirm your battery is fully charged, as a partially written update could be problematic

So, short answer is unless your battery fails mid update, you should always be able to start and drive your car.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM

2009 C63
Just to be clear:
- When you plug in the device to your car for the first time to "ID" the vehicle, it simply downloads data from your car onto the device. No updates are made to the car
- You then send this ID file to the tuner (via email) who then applies the tune to it and sends it back to you as a new file
- You then load this file onto the device
- Finally you plug the device back into the car and apply the tune. This is the only point when changes are made to your car. This should either be fully applied or not applied at all. It should never end up partially applied. The only time I could see this happening would be if the battery fails in your car mid update. I guess this is why it keeps asking you to confirm your battery is fully charged, as a partially written update could be problematic

So, short answer is unless your battery fails mid update, you should always be able to start and drive your car.
Yes, followed all those steps. I was wondering if my ID file downloaded at all so i connected it to the PC and there the ID file was. Sent it via email and next day got the tune.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:50 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Yes, followed all those steps. I was wondering if my ID file downloaded at all so i connected it to the PC and there the ID file was. Sent it via email and next day got the tune.
Great.

I had a similar error to you when loading my tune. The fix was what I suggested earlier. Reset the device and generate the ID file again (and sending this to the tuner to apply the tune again). This fixed my problem.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:16 PM

2009 C63
Great.

I had a similar error to you when loading my tune. The fix was what I suggested earlier. Reset the device and generate the ID file again (and sending this to the tuner to apply the tune again). This fixed my problem.
Got it, Thanks for the help
Old 02-01-2015, 09:33 AM

GT3
Hi, don't shoot me but I'm a Porsche driver who is having problems with MyGenius tool and you guys seem the only one's who are using and resolving issues.

I did the install and updates for client software and tool, read the car's source file and sent for tune file. Received tune file and started the upload as per prompts on MyGenius tool.
I then got an error:

Error (0x3310)-change of speed not possible

Which relates to voltage too high apparently. MyGenius then went into tune upload attempt again and had error:

Error (0x2101)-file incompatible with the ECU

I tried the Recovery option, it communicates with the ECU but then has the same error: Error: (0x2101) incompatible with the ECU

You can't 'reset' tool either as it says it can't perform this whilst in 'recovery' mode.

So now the tool is stuck in 'Recovery' mode, the car starts and drives ok.
Contacted the tuner but his response was brief and more panic inducing:

"If flashing process is interrupted, DME will be damaged and car will not start.
Only way to get it to work is to make recovery successful or to send DME for re flashing to Germany."

Not exactly helpful, no info on error codes and what to do. Obviously it's the weekend so can't get an answer from tuner.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by dervish
Hi, don't shoot me but I'm a Porsche driver who is having problems with MyGenius tool and you guys seem the only one's who are using and resolving issues.

I did the install and updates for client software and tool, read the car's source file and sent for tune file. Received tune file and started the upload as per prompts on MyGenius tool.
I then got an error:

Error (0x3310)-change of speed not possible

Which relates to voltage too high apparently. MyGenius then went into tune upload attempt again and had error:

Error (0x2101)-file incompatible with the ECU

I tried the Recovery option, it communicates with the ECU but then has the same error: Error: (0x2101) incompatible with the ECU

You can't 'reset' tool either as it says it can't perform this whilst in 'recovery' mode.

So now the tool is stuck in 'Recovery' mode, the car starts and drives ok.
Contacted the tuner but his response was brief and more panic inducing:

"If flashing process is interrupted, DME will be damaged and car will not start.
Only way to get it to work is to make recovery successful or to send DME for re flashing to Germany."

Not exactly helpful, no info on error codes and what to do. Obviously it's the weekend so can't get an answer from tuner.

Does anyone have any ideas?
If you get the "file incompatible with ECU" error, I dont think it has commenced to flash the car, so I dont think you should have any problems with your ECU - no need to send to Germany.

I think you need to start again from scratch.

You should be able to reset the device when you plug it into your computer.

Reset it, then start the process over - generating your ID file and then sending to tuner to apply the tune.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:03 PM

GT3
Spoke with tuner today, he is confident the ECU was flashed, I sent logs from MYGenius.

In order to tell for sure though we need to reset the MYGenius tool but it's stuck in 'recovery' mode. It won't reset whilst in 'recovery' mode.

Does anyone know how to force reset the tool back to fresh state?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:50 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Spoke with tuner today, he is confident the ECU was flashed, I sent logs from MYGenius.
If you got the file incompatible with ECU error I think its highly unlikely the ECU got flashed. Prior to flashing, it checks that the tune file matches the ID of the ECU. If they dont match you get that error and it doesnt load.

In order to tell for sure though we need to reset the MYGenius tool but it's stuck in 'recovery' mode. It won't reset whilst in 'recovery' mode.

Have you exhausted all the options both on the screen of the Mygenius itself as well as the PC software screens? Perhaps hitting "Delete Mod" on the PC screen and then resynch with the Mygenius?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:34 PM

C63

Do you already tried this ?:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...port-woes.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...very-mode.html

Last edited by ///RAMS; 02-02-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: add info
Old 02-02-2015, 09:39 PM

C63

Did you buy your tune with Eurocharged?

They have good online support. Even by email or phone.
Here in the forum, user "loungn14" is a promoter Eurocharged and can solve these concerns.

Another option might be to write an email to the equipment manufacturer, DIMSPORT.

Regards...
Old 11-14-2015, 03:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
So here's a question... How do I delink the tuner from my vin? I'm selling the car tomorrow, loaded the stock tune back on already and selling the handheld to anyone interested!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by johnny--2k
So here's a question... How do I delink the tuner from my vin? I'm selling the car tomorrow, loaded the stock tune back on already and selling the handheld to anyone interested!
I think you will need to return the programmer to EC to get it ready for reuse.