C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

DIY Backup cam install on '08 & '09 C63

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Just finished doing this install and everything is working great. My only question is if there is anyway to make the guide lines move with the steering wheel?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes sl500
I can't get it to work 08 c63 on the engineer menu my is different from the one on this posting my shows rear camera on 7.7 item3 which is rear view camera installed or unstalled page 1/3 not 3/3 17 I don't see item17 for setting Srvc,drvm,drvm-Psc ,do I have to upgrade my software? Any information would help.thanks,Gmar7779
Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 PM

2009 c63 amg
Power source in head unit for rca cable juice

i hardwired my camera and it works perfect except for one issue. The RCA cable has a red wired at the ends to give juice to the wire. If the red wires arent attached, the picture isnt clear. I attached one end in the trunk to the 71 fusge but i cant figure out where to attach the end in head unit. The power source needs to turn off when the key is out so it doesnt drain my batter. any ideas ? attached is a picture of the wire i am using with the fakra cable. The fuse in the head unit doest turn off when the key is out. Weird, i dont want to drain my battery, Thanks for your help!

Xq6xXFXXXF/Car-RCA-CAR-Reverse-REVERSING-Rear-View-Parking-Camera-Video-Cable-With-Detection-Wire-Reverse-Red.jpg
Show less
Old 07-19-2017, 01:08 AM

2009 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Haroutvartanian
i hardwired my camera and it works perfect except for one issue. The RCA cable has a red wired at the ends to give juice to the wire. If the red wires arent attached, the picture isnt clear. I attached one end in the trunk to the 71 fusge but i cant figure out where to attach the end in head unit. The power source needs to turn off when the key is out so it doesnt drain my batter. any ideas ? attached is a picture of the wire i am using with the fakra cable. The fuse in the head unit doest turn off when the key is out. Weird, i dont want to drain my battery, Thanks for your help!

Xq6xXFXXXF/Car-RCA-CAR-Reverse-REVERSING-Rear-View-Parking-Camera-Video-Cable-With-Detection-Wire-Reverse-Red.jpg
Show less

That red wire attached to the yellow RCA is a trigger wire for head units that require a trigger voltage to change the input to rear view camera mode. All you need to do is power the camera itself with CCT #71 and ensure you have a good ground connection and the headunit automatically switches to rear view more without a trigger wire.

I personally have added a back up cam this way, not using the red trigger wire, and have had no issues.

Last edited by KiD.AMG; 07-19-2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-05-2020, 08:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 Mercedes C63
Camera Install

Hi, So Ive gone for this method finally. I am stuck at 3a where you pull the unit out. Ive done the wiring theough the car but the unit is solid stuck in, wont budge. Ive tried the tabs and all, is there something im missing as to why it wont pop out? Is it stuck in solid? Is there a hidden release that I have to pull?
would really appriciate the help

I feel any more force and ill snap the covers

The torx are out, tried pulling the tabs and the unit