Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed? >

Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?

 
Old 02-23-2017, 08:51 PM
  #76  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
Some people will decide to live with it. For me, I won't settle for worse drivability than before the springs so if the bolts and playing with the alignment don't fix it I will go back to stock springs. I love the stance right now but it's not worth it.

Honestly it's not terrible but it does want to go right, worse than just the crown of the road. I've got to keep pressure on the wheel to keep it straight.
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:16 PM
  #77  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 981
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
Some people will decide to live with it. For me, I won't settle for worse drivability than before the springs so if the bolts and playing with the alignment don't fix it I will go back to stock springs. I love the stance right now but it's not worth it.

Honestly it's not terrible but it does want to go right, worse than just the crown of the road. I've got to keep pressure on the wheel to keep it straight.
so is it the camber bolt you need also saw mention of a castor bolt? Where do you get these?
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:20 PM
  #78  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
they are all the same bolt. Two per side on the front. One for Camber, one for caster. I got them at the local dealer, $25 each. Part number 0003331071
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:22 PM
  #79  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,635
Received 657 Likes on 432 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
The K-Mac front caster/camber parts will have you sorted. It's not cheap though.

http://www.k-mac.com/product/mercede...h-kit-502616k/
Jasonoff is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 PM
  #80  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 981
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
they are all the same bolt. Two per side on the front. One for Camber, one for caster. I got them at the local dealer, $25 each. Part number 0003331071
don't know much about alignment stuff. So pardon my dumb questions, but why didn't Mercedes include these bolts with the car? They have a spot for them but you need to buy the bolts. I guess what I'm asking is why does Mercedes even have these they don't provide a lowering spring through them. Confused.
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 PM
  #81  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
from what I understand they call them crash bolts. so if stuff gets out of wack it gives a little more adjustability.
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:34 PM
  #82  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 981
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
they are all the same bolt. Two per side on the front. One for Camber, one for caster. I got them at the local dealer, $25 each. Part number 0003331071
also looked up the part number. Appears to be for a 2011. Would this work on a 2012 as well? Or is there a different part number for that?
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:36 PM
  #83  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 981
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
from what I understand they call them crash bolts. so if stuff gets out of wack it gives a little more adjustability.
ok makes sense. I would assume most shops who do alignments know what to do with these I'd assume? Let us know how these work out for you. When will you be installing them?
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:38 PM
  #84  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
Taking it back in tomorrow. I didn't install the Bolts because after talking to the tech he said they may only need 1 or 2 or 3 or all 4. So will have them use whatever they need and then return the rest.
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 10:17 PM
  #85  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 981
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
Taking it back in tomorrow. I didn't install the Bolts because after talking to the tech he said they may only need 1 or 2 or 3 or all 4. So will have them use whatever they need and then return the rest.
how bad is your pull are you fighting the wheel?
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 08:16 AM
  #86  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post
how bad is your pull are you fighting the wheel?
bad enough where if I am on the left lane on the highway with the crown going to the left it still wants to drift right.
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-25-2017, 01:53 PM
  #87  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
I took it to Mercedes this morning. They had to use 3 bolts, to correct everything and now it is driving straight. Ended up costing a total of $350 for the alignment/3 bolts/labor. Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?-photo586.jpg
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-25-2017, 02:42 PM
  #88  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 981
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
I took it to Mercedes this morning. They had to use 3 bolts, to correct everything and now it is driving straight. Ended up costing a total of $350 for the alignment/3 bolts/labor. Attachment 349747
good to hear! So you would recommend going to Mercedes over a Indy shop?
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 02-25-2017, 02:44 PM
  #89  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
Unless it's an Indy shop that specializes in Mercs, yeah I think dealer is your best bet. Save headaches and get it done right the first time.
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 02-25-2017, 05:17 PM
  #90  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,022
Received 227 Likes on 190 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2003 1500 HD Silverado;2015 GLA 250 (wife's)
Originally Posted by AMGonFire View Post
good to hear! So you would recommend going to Mercedes over a Indy shop?
It really depends more on the ability of the tech at whatever shop you go to. I took mine to our local dealer and he put the bolts in fine but not so it would reduce the pull from being lowered. Just excuses from him after that. You need to got to someone that knows what locations to put the bolts in to reduce the pull.
Mort is offline  
Old 02-25-2017, 06:02 PM
  #91  
Member
 
Adam Chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 164
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing
Originally Posted by Mort
It really depends more on the ability of the tech at whatever shop you go to. I took mine to our local dealer and he put the bolts in fine but not so it would reduce the pull from being lowered. Just excuses from him after that. You need to got to someone that knows what locations to put the bolts in to reduce the pull.
Agreed. Mechanic at my dealership was awesome. Noticed me leaving in the car and came out and talked for a while about how he got it all set up and why there was an extra .5 hour charge on there to remove the sway bar to get one of the bolts in. (Something I didn't even question) Pretty happy with my dealer.
Adam Chambers is offline  
Old 04-09-2017, 09:49 AM
  #92  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe
Really would like to drop my coupe and do spacers but so many people saying the car pulls right has me concerned.

http://www.mboemparts.com/oe-mercedes-benz/0003331071

If I get two of those bolts the issue will be resolved?
gforc3 is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 PM
  #93  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 107
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
'12 C63 Coupe
I'm another C that pulls hard to the right.

I had H&R springs installed and the car pulled slightly. Gave them a couple weeks to settle.
Last week, I had 4 new tires mounted & balanced and alignment done at a highly recommended shop.
Mechanic drove it around the block, comes back and says it's a "little floaty, give it a few hundred miles and see. If that doesn't help, swap the fronts, sometimes the tread prefers to roll in opposite direction."
I don't find it floaty at all. It's clear the car pulls hard to the right. Worse than before.

Gonna swap the fronts tomorrow and see if that makes any difference. Also want to check control arms and bushings. Maybe something is bent that I don't know about. I am the 2nd owner. Carfax shows 1 rear end collision.

Also, not sure if it matters, but as I took this picture, I noticed the car info is wrong at the top. Printout says "CL...NOT M156"

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but these camber bolts are the remedy?

Originally Posted by Jasonoff View Post
The K-Mac front caster/camber parts will have you sorted. It's not cheap though.

http://www.k-mac.com/product/mercede...h-kit-502616k/
Attached Thumbnails Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?-image.jpg   Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?-img_2102.jpg  
Sick AF is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:37 PM
  #94  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: san jose
Posts: 1,790
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers View Post
I took it to Mercedes this morning. They had to use 3 bolts, to correct everything and now it is driving straight. Ended up costing a total of $350 for the alignment/3 bolts/labor. Attachment 349747
Did they say where the 3rd bolt was installed?

i assume 2 were for camber
tpliquid is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 04:11 PM
  #95  
Super Member
 
Crya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Napa
Posts: 746
Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts
2009 C63 P30
Hey all, I've got a new-to-me '09 with 64,500 miles and in the few weeks of ownership, I've noticed a healthy pull to the right. At first I was paranoid it was because I swapped on a CF wheel and perhaps misaligned on re-install but I can tell it's partly the road crown pulling it. I have stock springs, brand new PSS in fronts, and 18". Can anyone offer any expertise on whether the crash bolts would help sort it out? I mean, please correct me, but even if you have perfect alignment, shouldn't your car still pull right on the road due to the crowning effect? Should I also try and move my steering wheel another notch right?
Crya is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:40 PM
  #96  
Member
 
curt.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 176
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Sedan
Just got my C63 aligned after an H&R spring install. It tracks straight now, but I'd like to correct the camber specs. Does anyone know how many crash bolts I need and where do I put them? Thanks in advance

curt.r is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:49 AM
  #97  
Member
 
gtracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 221
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
You can get 2 or 4. Putting 4 in will also play with the caster which will reduce camber a bit but not much,
gtracer is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 02:45 AM
  #98  
Member
 
curt.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 176
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by gtracer View Post
You can get 2 or 4. Putting 4 in will also play with the caster which will reduce camber a bit but not much,
I'd like to correct the camber as much as possible. More likely though, I'd like to get the driver's side camber close to matching the passenger side. Mort suggested I install one crash bolt to adjust my driver's side camber by +/- .3 degrees to get it closer to matching the passenger side. Do you know where to install this bolt? I've read that the install is fairly simple but I have yet to see where people install the crash bolt
curt.r is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 12:38 PM
  #99  
Member
 
gtracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 221
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
Originally Posted by curt.r View Post
I'd like to correct the camber as much as possible. More likely though, I'd like to get the driver's side camber close to matching the passenger side. Mort suggested I install one crash bolt to adjust my driver's side camber by +/- .3 degrees to get it closer to matching the passenger side. Do you know where to install this bolt? I've read that the install is fairly simple but I have yet to see where people install the crash bolt
Fairly self explanatory once you get under the car. Its the arm that would add or reduce camber, the other would affect caster. You're essentially changing the bolt that holds the arm to the subframe. The slot in the crash bolt allows for a slight change.

I'd buy 2 of them so that when you get realigned, if need be you can put the other one in and save yourself another trip to get aligned.
gtracer is offline  
The following users liked this post:
curt.r (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 01:11 PM
  #100  
Member
 
curt.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 176
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by gtracer View Post
Fairly self explanatory once you get under the car. Its the arm that would add or reduce camber, the other would affect caster. You're essentially changing the bolt that holds the arm to the subframe. The slot in the crash bolt allows for a slight change.

I'd buy 2 of them so that when you get realigned, if need be you can put the other one in and save yourself another trip to get aligned.
Okay, seems pretty self-explanatory once I get under the car. I'll shop around and see where I can find the crash bolts the cheapest. Thanks for your help!
curt.r is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: