C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Planning on putting QTP Electric Cutoffs. Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 Sedan - Mars Red on Red Pepper
Planning on putting QTP Electric Cutoffs. Need help

Once again, still new here...I'm ready to upgrade the exhaust....

First I was going to go with Mike's Power Pipe Straight Pipe. but I want something crazy at a touch of a button as well and havnt heard the greatest reviews on the Agency Power one. Plus I dont want to change the AMG muffler and stock tips

So my friend said go QTP Electric cutoffs.

in summery I want something a little more growl at idle and low ends but with a touch have something crazy loud and if I go QTP Electric cutoffs only I'm thinking when the cutoffs are closed it will be too quiet for what I want

Should I Delete the Resinator AND / OR Secondary Cats and add the QTP?

And last question. Can I go with Mikes Power pipe and the QTP

No matter what I dont want to loss that AMG bark we all love
Old 10-01-2014, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Are you trying to put the cutouts after the primaries or towards the end of the exhaust?

Just delete the secondary cats and res. No valves, can be quiet, can be loud.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Are you trying to put the cutouts after the primaries or towards the end of the exhaust?

this is all a new to me so I dont know but my goal is to have something a litt louder than stock and with a button have something crazy crazy loud tha shakes the ground. I dont want something too loud for daily
Old 10-01-2014, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
The cutouts wont have a distinct amg sound. They'll just be stupid loud, very stupid loud. You get the AMG sound from the mufflers.

Start at just deleting secondary cats and resonator. If you're set on the cutout I'd put it somewhere around where the secondary cats are now at not all the way back
Old 10-01-2014, 04:55 PM

The cutouts wont have a distinct amg sound. They'll just be stupid loud, very stupid loud. You get the AMG sound from the mufflers.

Start at just deleting secondary cats and resonator. If you're set on the cutout I'd put it somewhere around where the secondary cats are now at not all the way back
sorry in advance for my stupidity. How does this compare to Mikes Power Straight Pipe/
Old 10-01-2014, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
How does it compare in sound? Or in terms of parts?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:31 PM

both i guess? The Mikes power pipe just replaces the Secondary cats right? So what you are recommending is even louder?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:36 PM

I guess the question is do I buy the Power pipe or have one customer made
Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Mike has a great product for people that don't have decent shops in their area. I have a few good fabricators around so I wouldn't buy that and I'll just go to a shop.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63 M157

+1 while me and my friend were both getting our secondary cats & resonators deleted. We wanted to see how it would sound like right after the mechanic cut off the 2nd cats. And yes it was loud, but it did not sound good, nor did it sound like a AMG anymore, more like a Chevy Silverado with modified exhaust.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ImportToAMG
+1 while me and my friend were both getting our secondary cats & resonators deleted. We wanted to see how it would sound like right after the mechanic cut off the 2nd cats. And yes it was loud, but it did not sound good, nor did it sound like a AMG anymore, more like a Chevy Silverado with modified exhaust.
damn so what I want seems to not be possible I guess... well I'm meeting up with a member here in the Bay area that has the res and secondary cat delete with qtp in few hours so lets see
Old 10-02-2014, 12:57 PM

based on couple shops theres only one place the QTP cutouts can be put and thats the way back
Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM

just met up with forum member CPD SLK and he has the QTP cutouts with stock res delete and given we were in a parking structure and garage so he couldn't floor it is wasn't too loud at all thats just want I want for the "really really loud"

so i guess ill be getting the power pipe and qtp set up after all
Old 10-02-2014, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
I endorse this.

Your secondary cats + resonators are where you want to start first. Relatively inexpensive and it for the most part solves owners issues with raising the tone of the exhaust without being totally crazy.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kriston
I endorse this.

Your secondary cats + resonators are where you want to start first. Relatively inexpensive and it for the most part solves owners issues with raising the tone of the exhaust without being totally crazy.
yes I do want this for sure as my "daily tone" but there are times I want to have just absolute crazy loud with a flip of a switch which why I'm thinking 2nd cat + resonator delete with the QTP electric cutout should fit exactly what I want
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Even long tube headers can be somewhat reserved if you're just driving around in C mode.

But have at it with the cutouts. As mentioned, they wont have an AMG sound to them, but they will sound like a v8 with no exhaust.

As for the comment about only 1 place to put the cutouts... Yeah there is plenty of room well before the rear of the exhaust. Such as where the secondary cats would be.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Even long tube headers can be somewhat reserved if you're just driving around in C mode.

But have at it with the cutouts. As mentioned, they wont have an AMG sound to them, but they will sound like a v8 with no exhaust.

As for the comment about only 1 place to put the cutouts... Yeah there is plenty of room well before the rear of the exhaust. Such as where the secondary cats would be.
I placed mine towards the rear before the mufflers and put a X-pipe in place of a resonator....my car doesn't just sound like some run of the mill v8 (I have a LS1 Trans Am too)...When I went to the exhaust shop,I too a look underneath...might be room for cutouts where the secondaries are, but keep in mind the plates and motors take up a LOT of space, and the cutouts can only be oriented in only a couple different ways (you don't want stuff rubbing underneath or hanging too low so that it can snag or be damaged by road debris (there's tons of crap on the roads here in CA - one of the multitude of reasons cal trans is worthless). Not saying it's impossible to place the electric cutouts where the 2ndaries are, but it might not be as easy as weld in, slap on the plates and drive away.

OP, nice meeting you today