C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2015 Corvette Z06, anyone here thinking of one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
^^ X2. If you have a chance to drive a Gen 5 Viper, take it. I was invited to an SRT event here im Houston, and they let us take them for a 30 minute test drive. It's the closest thing to an exotic as you can get from an American manufacturer. The V10, the looks, and the interior (no joke, the interior is great). The whole package is fantastic.

Saw this one outside of my building yesterday.

The aftermarket is lagging on the Gen 5's, though....
Most exhilarating car I have ever been in and I have been around almost every car made including mclarens.
My 2 close buddies have the blue (without stripes) and the other Stryker Green.
The guy with the Stryker Green is #1 of only 30 made. Car is beautiful and loaded with every imaginable CF part you can buy. Such a mean car.
Looks like this:

Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
New Z06 in white , lowered on some gold or bronze aftermarket wheel.......Yes please

Still thinking about holding out for something with a little horsey on the side

If you do I can assure you that you will not be disappointed
Old 10-02-2014, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Unlikely to get sub 3 0-60 from a two wheeler. Imo
Why not? Why would Chevy lie?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/commenc...mes-announced/

Chevrolet claims the Z06 sprinted through the benchmark 0-to-60-mph measure in just 2.95 seconds and that it annihilated the quarter-mile in an equally impressive 10.95 at 127 mph
All the above on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 which are sticky but are no drag radial. I expect the times to be quicker with a drag radial.

The best numbers were obtained using Z06 coupes equipped with the new eight-speed automatic transmission and the Z07 performance package, which adds Brembo carbon-ceramic brake rotors, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and the most spoilertastic and downforce-enabling aero bits available on the Z06.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 PM

2013 C63 coupe P31
I'm dreaming about this as my next car. Too bad Chevy don't seem to offer lease on those in Canada :P
Old 10-02-2014, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Why not? Why would Chevy lie?
Not thinking he is calling Chevy liars, more so thinking he meant the odds of an avg driver hitting those numbers are slim to none.
BTW - One badass CTS-V you got there bro!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Not thinking he is calling Chevy liars, more so thinking he meant the odds of an avg driver hitting those numbers are slim to none.
BTW - One badass CTS-V you got there bro!!!
I misunderstood. That would make sense.

Thanks for the compliment. Track rental tomorrow, hoping to run low 10's.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Dodge Viper GTC, 2014 C63 AMG (gone), 2014 GL450
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
^^ X2. If you have a chance to drive a Gen 5 Viper, take it. I was invited to an SRT event here im Houston, and they let us take them for a 30 minute test drive. It's the closest thing to an exotic as you can get from an American manufacturer. The V10, the looks, and the interior (no joke, the interior is great). The whole package is fantastic.

The aftermarket is lagging on the Gen 5's, though....
Yeah, part of the Viper's problem was dealers not giving test drives. I think most will now, but I have no idea where I can go to get a solid 30 minute solo test drive. I thought about the SRT Experience since it is similar to AMG Academy, but the Viper isn't part of it. That's garbage IMHO. I've seen a Viper in my neighborhood that I thought I should leave a note on the guys car that I want a ride. But that seems creepy to me, so I am stuck reading reviews and watching the prices drop.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PkB2014
Yeah, part of the Viper's problem was dealers not giving test drives. I think most will now, but I have no idea where I can go to get a solid 30 minute solo test drive. I thought about the SRT Experience since it is similar to AMG Academy, but the Viper isn't part of it. That's garbage IMHO. I've seen a Viper in my neighborhood that I thought I should leave a note on the guys car that I want a ride. But that seems creepy to me, so I am stuck reading reviews and watching the prices drop.
That was SPECIFICALLY why I got the invite. They took 12 or so Vipers across the country giving test drives since dealers put velvet ropes around them in the dealerships.

Great move by SRT, in my opinion.

I understand why they don't let people have Vipers at the SRT TE (which I'm doing in Fontana in November). The car only comes in manual and up until 2013 had no traction control. I believe a few were wrecked through the years when it was on the SRT TE.

In fact, before I bought my C63 I was looking at a Gen 2 GTS, but couldn't get a dealer to let me drive one. They say the value is so dependent on low miles, they don't want people driving them.

Crazy.

Last edited by Illegal Machine; 10-02-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
If you want a summer 2 seater or live in a place where summer is almost all year long the z06 needs considered

Ferrari performance for 1/3 the price
They are selling well in europe which says something

Vettes used to be a joke, no more
That car is brutal
Finally the engineers and car guys are having some sway in the boardroom vs bean counters, 'designers' and lawyers lol
Old 10-02-2014, 06:52 PM

'13 C350 Coupe, '14 Z/28
My family is Chevy 100%, other than me I like to dabble in just about everything but with that said, its even hard for me or my dad to even consider the Vette just because of the terrible reputation "Vette" owners have. Most of those guys rub it in your face like its the best car ever made so that's a huge turn off, even though the new C7 and especially the ZO6 is an absolute beast of a car.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:41 PM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
I do like the car but I’m not supporting a company that can’t survive without We The People propping them up with $50 billion in 2009.
Hate to say it because I was a huge GM fan but if they can’t properly operate a business… close the door.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by odonnks
I do like the car but I’m not supporting a company that can’t survive without We The People propping them up with $50 billion in 2009.
Hate to say it because I was a huge GM fan but if they can’t properly operate a business… close the door.
That pretty much describes the defense industry, healthcare industry and pharma industry lol
Not to mention banking and tax credits for biofuels, wind power, airlines, etc

Prison industry and the legal industry like gov spending too

Water/ wastewater, highway contractors and engineers

It's a gravy train!!!

Last edited by Ingenieur; 10-02-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:26 PM

It's a gravy train I want no part of....
Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by PetroC63
I misunderstood. That would make sense.

Thanks for the compliment. Track rental tomorrow, hoping to run low 10's.
My thinking was that so far all sub 3 cars are awd. Quite difficult to not break traction to get that number on street tires and with a red.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
It's a gravy train I want no part of....
unfortunately not our choice
You pay taxes
All gov entities including schools are like 15% of the workforce not counting businesses that could not survive without gov spending

What do you do for a living?
I can't really think of anything that isn't regulated, subsidized, a business that benefits from gov

You think you would have highways, water, sewage, electricity, phone/data, education, hospitals/healthcare without it?
And we all use those things
Old 10-02-2014, 10:54 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Post well....

So what do you guys think this thing will be putting down when the aftermarket tuners get their hands on it with all the bolt ons and proper ECU tuning installed?

Also, I'm sure all of you have heard that the next generation Corvette (C8) chassis with mid-engine layout will go ahead and be installed for 2016's ZR-1, which supposedly is so fast that it will even make this Z06 seem slow in comparison. It is supposed to be called the "Zora"....mid engine, 7 speed dual clutch, twin turbo V-8.....800 or even 900 horsepower not sure yet...$150,000.....it will need it because the mid-cycle update for the Ferrari 458 will be called the 458-T and will have an uprated bi-turbo V-8 from the new California T and will have 670 horsepower with even better aerodynamics and faster transmission than the current 458 Italia....and also sometime in 2017 the all new Lamborghini Huracan is supposed to be getting a twin turbo engine to compete better with this car and the McLaren 650S and the Zora....what a golden age for people who like really fast cars....oh and also the next Porsche Panamera Turbo S and 991 Turbo S are supposed to get a hybrid pack that should boost horspower into the low 700's or more so they will be out of this world fast also.....
Lamborghini just put out in a car show a new concept 2+2 coupe with a 900+ horsepower hybrid powertrain so for sure the mid-cycle update for the Aventador should have at least 900 HP or more (especially because the new Huracan is rumoured to already be just as fast and from 0 to 60 even a little faster already, can't have the little brother to the Aventador be faster, the updated car should be solidly faster in every way, hopefully they will go epic with the updated version....)

Last edited by SL65amg; 10-02-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 Sedan White on Black
it just crashed at the ring.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ring?fbfanpage
Old 10-03-2014, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ingenieur
unfortunately not our choice
You pay taxes
All gov entities including schools are like 15% of the workforce not counting businesses that could not survive without gov spending

What do you do for a living?
I can't really think of anything that isn't regulated, subsidized, a business that benefits from gov

You think you would have highways, water, sewage, electricity, phone/data, education, hospitals/healthcare without it?
And we all use those things
I do understand its a situation in which we have little to say about it but the little I do have a say in is where I'll spend money.

If more consumers did this the message would eventually be heard and the businesses that take tax money handouts would still suffer the consequences.

I'm in the natural gas pipeline transmission business and we are very heavily taxed and regulated.

To add, the 50 billion dollars was supposed to be paid back. It was not. 11 billion dollars in tax money was lost.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
If you want a summer 2 seater or live in a place where summer is almost all year long the z06 needs considered

Ferrari performance for 1/3 the price
They are selling well in europe which says something

Vettes used to be a joke, no more
That car is brutal
Finally the engineers and car guys are having some sway in the boardroom vs bean counters, 'designers' and lawyers lol
Excellent post. I live in Phoenix, so no winter concerns here. I may have a C7 Z06 in my future if the used prices are reasonable in 5 to 6 years. Of course, I'll be so darn old by then, not sure if getting such a monster would be very smart!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
I do understand its a situation in which we have little to say about it but the little I do have a say in is where I'll spend money.

If more consumers did this the message would eventually be heard and the businesses that take tax money handouts would still suffer the consequences.

I'm in the natural gas pipeline transmission business and we are very heavily taxed and regulated.

To add, the 50 billion dollars was supposed to be paid back. It was not. 11 billion dollars in tax money was lost.
But if it failed all the lost taxes, lost investments, increased unemoyment payments, etc would far exceed 11 bil
They would be long term
Not only GM but their suppliers
They actually made money on some loans so it is a net gain

The German and Japanese, not to mention the Chinese and russians do the same and even more...even MB sucks the teet

We need to learn how to better make the govs economic clout work for US not the other way around, it's not going away
Always been like that: under reagan the debt trippled and gov employment grew to its largest ever, the workforce is >10% smaller now in spite of he population being 20% larger despite more services being required, SS. homeland security, war on terror, etc
Same for the guy we have now
Same for the next
Not going to change
We are the gov, we need to participate more than a vote every few years
Not just elect some clown and wash our hands of it or wrose become part of the problem
Whether 'our guy' wins or not
Because half the People's guy will always lose
So do we divest and become obstructionists?
I learned an important lesson in the military
Can't choose my leader but it is best for the unit if I support him 110%

Sorry wrong forum, off the soapbox

Last edited by Ingenieur; 10-03-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
I love the new styling of this car. We were lucky to have one in our shop and started to do some R&D with Agency Power on a new exhaust system.

Full Article Here

Old 10-03-2014, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
If the transmission is as great as they claim it's going to be I may pick one of for a cheap track day car.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by glennhl
Excellent post. I live in Phoenix, so no winter concerns here. I may have a C7 Z06 in my future if the used prices are reasonable in 5 to 6 years. Of course, I'll be so darn old by then, not sure if getting such a monster would be very smart!
Experience and intelligence > relexes and aggressiveness any day
Lots of old pilots
Lots of bold pilots
Very few bold old pilots
Old 10-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
I can't believe they can build at such low cost
Overall the only cost differential vs Ferrari
Economy of scale
More hand finishing
Slightly more exotic materials
Maybe total of 50% more
The rest is extra profit, name recognition and cache'
Old 10-03-2014, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I can't believe they can build at such low cost
Overall the only cost differential vs Ferrari
Economy of scale
More hand finishing
Slightly more exotic materials
Maybe total of 50% more
The rest is extra profit, name recognition and cache'
Actually I recently read an article which pertained to automotive material quality. The article made a comparison to materials used on a $20K Ford Focus and several "high end" brands. It said that Ford used the highest grade steels of any manufacturer in the world. Audi/VW followed by GM used the highest quality and aluminium alloys and GM had the most advanced technology for manufacturing(extruding, fabricating and welding) aluminum. The article did mention that steel is a diminishing material in the automotive world and made mention of CF's and other composites being more and more widely used and becoming less expensive and more main stream.

Also Corvette is a loss leader, GM/Chevy makes zero money on the Corvette and has not for a several decades, it is simply branding and marketing tool just like a Black Series is to MB/AMG.

http://www.cbc.ca/undertheinfluence/...osing-money-1/

Last edited by jrcart; 10-03-2014 at 03:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 Corvette Z06, anyone here thinking of one?