For all you with (TRUE!!) LTH & your neighbors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by rentzington
yeah, thats why i mentioned noise laws previously.
If the volume is within the local legal range it's not an issue IMO BUT....if it is thats when you need to make sure the cops don't get involved.
While I am far from an expert on local noise ordinances, I would bet a my keys that his car, cold started with the garage door up, exceeds the ordinance.
I have hear a lot of cold starts on 63's with full headers and they are LOUD!

If I was the OP I would investigate the local ordinance and how it is enforced.
Get ahead of it before 50 knocks on the door.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Wobble64
Jordanaf,

the internet is a great thing. If you look long enough, you will find confirmation of what you want to believe, no matter what it is. So, asking the question about whether it is OK to have noisy LTHs on a C63 enthusiast forum is really not useful other than to maybe get the response you want.............Again, an indication that it is in the your interest to find a compromise and avoid escalation, as no good would come of it...........
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Very well said!

While I do appreciate you guys checking the thread....you guys obviously did not ACTUALLY READ my original post.

I'm a 40yr old man, own my own business, house, and come from a good line of brains and smart thinkers. I was in NO way asking you guys to validate my having a loud car. My post was asking who else has issues with their neighbor. I am not looking for validation. It more of a poll, or interjection of who else has neighbor issues. Was just curious who else has them and what their story is.

That's all. I understand how the internet works and that I COULD fish for anything and get some "right on's" or "I'm doing the wrong thing". It'd be nice if some of you guys actually read my thread and directed your comments to the topic I was looking for.

Thanks again though. All of you guys are truly awesome and I enjoy you guys and this site immensely!!! I wouldn't have what I have if it wasn't for y'all. I was on here before I even had a C63.

You guy's rock!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by jordanaf
While I do appreciate you guys checking the thread....you guys obviously did not ACTUALLY READ my original post.

I'm a 40yr old man, own my own business, house, and come from a good line of brains and smart thinkers. I was in NO way asking you guys to validate my having a loud car. My post was asking who else has issues with their neighbor. I am not looking for validation. It more of a poll, or interjection of who else has neighbor issues. Was just curious who else has them and what their story is.

That's all. I understand how the internet works and that I COULD fish for anything and get some "right on's" or "I'm doing the wrong thing". It'd be nice if some of you guys actually read my thread and directed your comments to the topic I was looking for.

Thanks again though. All of you guys are truly awesome and I enjoy you guys and this site immensely!!! I wouldn't have what I have if it wasn't for y'all. I was on here before I even had a C63.

You guy's rock!!!
Well I did ACTUALLY read your first and subsequent posts, where you clearly state that you have no intention of changing anything and that your rights trump hers. That is what I was commenting on.
I apologize if you found it off topic. I happen to think my comments were right on topic.

Again, no offense...just exercising my civil rights to free speach
Good luck with everything!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Well I did ACTUALLY read your first and subsequent posts, where you clearly state that you have no intention of changing anything and that your rights trump hers. That is what I was commenting on.
I apologize if you found it off topic. I happen to think my comments were right on topic.

Again, no offense...just exercising my civil rights to free speach
Good luck with everything!
No, no worries man. However, to state my position, I in no way think I have a right to "trump" her. This isn't about rights. It's about the fact that I'm doing nothing wrong, having a fight with my neighbor, and curious who else is having neighbor issues. I do not think "rights" comes into play. My car is loud 5 times a day for 15 seconds at 7:30am. I hear so many other sounds permeate my house at all hours of the day for extended periods and chalk it up to life in a city/neighborhood.

I just wanna know who else has neighbor issues and what their story is.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
I end up moving every couple of years (and just moved again) so I'm hoping that if I pissed off anyone in my old neighborhood, because I'm now gone I won't have to worry about them complaining. Now I'm hoping no one in my new place isn't gonna raise hell.

I get along great with my new neighbors, which will always help. I think if someone gets a bit bothered about a loud car, but they appreciate you otherwise, then they're far less likely to complain. But some people are just nasty, and you may have one here.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31

You guy's rock!!!
For those of you who didn't ACTUALLY READ his most recent post, I'll summarize it up for you.

1. YOU DIDN'T READ HIS POST

2. He is S-M-R-T SMART and comes from generations of smarts.

3. It would be nice if you read his post and only addressed the topics in which he wanted responses.

4. You guys are all awesome.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
No, no worries man. However, to state my position, I in no way think I have a right to "trump" her. This isn't about rights. It's about the fact that I'm doing nothing wrong, having a fight with my neighbor, and curious who else is having neighbor issues. I do not think "rights" comes into play. My car is loud 5 times a day for 15 seconds at 7:30am. I hear so many other sounds permeate my house at all hours of the day for extended periods and chalk it up to life in a city/neighborhood.

I just wanna know who else has neighbor issues and what their story is.
In my opinion, this is about rights. Since you already stated you're not willing to change anything about your car I'd suggest doing the polite thing and backing your car in and insulating your garage.

Personally, I'd feel bad knowing that I **** my neighbors off every day just because I like having a loud *** car. That's pretty close to the definition of selfish.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
LOL!!

Jordanaf - I give you 8/10 for style and creativity! Nice (attempted) recovery!
And Unruin - don't be so cruel..

Good weekend entertainment, I guess.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by unruin
In my opinion, this is about rights. Since you already stated you're not willing to change anything about your car I'd suggest doing the polite thing and backing your car in and insulating your garage.

Personally, I'd feel bad knowing that I **** my neighbors off every day just because I like having a loud *** car. That's pretty close to the definition of selfish.

Okay, your an *** and I'm done. Nice to know you just joined and have a WHOPPING 6 posts. I have learned so much from these guys and feel that I have a good relationship from this community. I am really good friends with Phil, Jerry, and John form EuroCharged. These guys have imparted a wealth of knowledge and steered me to the level my car is today. It's not crazy loud, it's just the cold start. I'm on my 3rd C63 and most of out brethren have steered me the right way and have been supportive. AGAIN, I'm not looking for interjection, I'm looking for others that have battled their neighbors. My car ain't loud, it's just a good AMG cold start. Most that have posted have stated ***** about "rights". AGAIN, just wanna know about others experiences.

Wanna call me selfish? Is it wrong to for me to do what I want with my car? Absolutely not!!!! It doesn't violate any noise ordinance. It's about having a cranky neighbor who is selfish herself. I start my car in a closed garage. It still has cats and resonators. Just LTH. Big f-ing deal. I have an unreasonable neighbor.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
While I do not have issues with my neighbors, I do have issues with waking my baby boy during his naps. I've found if I place packing foam against the muffler during cold starts, it quiets it down considerably. It literally takes me a few seconds to setup. Maybe you can try a makeshift solution such as that in order to keep the peace
Old 12-28-2014, 04:04 PM

2018 AMG E63s
The worst thing about neighbors is bad neighbors can be GODDAMN APOCALYPTIC amounts of trouble. Great and good neighbors are a blessing, but those bad ones can be so much trouble. Hope it all works out!
Old 12-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
I love how the C-Class forum is the most argumentive, ego filled people on here..you head over to the G-Class or S-Class section and everyones normal and humble, Funny cause those AMG's cost a hell of a lot more then our commoner AMG
Old 12-28-2014, 05:36 PM

2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by avery.whss
I love how the C-Class forum is the most argumentive, ego filled people on here..you head over to the G-Class or S-Class section and everyones normal and humble, Funny cause those AMG's cost a hell of a lot more then our commoner AMG
That's funny. I guess we're an ornery bunch. I am pretty ornery as a matter of fact, but perhaps if I upgrade to an S class I'll mellow...
Old 12-28-2014, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I could imagine with LTs. Mine has stock exhaust and my wife tells me it sounds like a motor boat. Tells me there is something wrong with the car.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
Maybe the average age of C-Class drivers is under 60?
Old 12-28-2014, 05:45 PM

2018 AMG E63s
Old 12-28-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
My car ain't loud, it's just a good AMG cold start. Most that have posted have stated ***** about "rights". ......

It still has cats and resonators. Just LTH. Big f-ing deal. I have an unreasonable neighbor.
I have no doubt that the car is loud, very loud. I have the Kleemann's on my CL and it is obnoxious on a cold start. That's in a CL, which theoretically has the quietest mufflers/exhaust in the AMG line.

While I enjoy the sound, I cringe when I cold start, just waiting for the inevitable day when my neighbors come over & complain. (My garage is side entry & faces their bedroom).

The most obnoxious I've heard it is a cold start in the airport parking garage after returning from a trip.... it's ridiculous. Thankfully only for 10-15 seconds or so.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
I live in a 4 block town home and didnt put headers in for the reason of pissing off my neighbours. That said I have every intention of putting them on in the spring.

I know 'some' of my neighbours dont like how loud the car is already but they are all too scared to say something to me LOL. There are some pick ups and motorcycles on my st. that are louder anyways.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by avery.whss
You remind me of M3 owners

We are european muscle heads... Too posh for basic american style, but too rowdy for quiet power.

Our older customers with cars like CLS63's are very very reserved, they don't like attention or loud. Most people with that kind of money who do want attention and a loud car tend to look at a Lamborghini, Porsche, or cars like that. They like to believe because it's "just a Mercedes" it somewhat hides them in the realm of shown wealth (hence no Bentley).

Last edited by ToXicXxX; 12-28-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
I say just start it in your garage with door closed and that's the best you can do.

my neighbours are cool tho... I rev my cars for fun a lot. (maybe they don't like it hahaah)

good luck bro
Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by jcfay
That's funny. I guess we're an ornery bunch............
Agreed!!!

Originally Posted by jcfay
+2. Most definitely.

Originally Posted by Andy0331
I have no doubt that the car is loud, very loud. I have the Kleemann's on my CL.......
Okay, it's loud. It's a cold start 63 w/ LTH's. 15 seconds

Originally Posted by dchl21
I say just start it in your garage with door closed and that's the best you can do......

good luck bro
I appreciate it. And that's what I'm resigned to do. Start it with the garage door closed. All I can do. (Maybe I should ask her to split the cost to insulate the door) I'm trying to be a good neighbor. Nobody else in my neighborhood cares though. When the 507 is in the driveway up front, my garage is down a 150ft driveway in the back of the house, I have SO many people admire it and actually stop and ask questions.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Sorry, I didn't read this thread in its entirety but does your garage have suicide vents? My last two do/did. They'll need to be plugged up (which I did anyway for climate control purposes, with insulation). Second, I've heard certain headered C63s that even I would deem obnoxiously loud. If I had one like that I'd consider doing something simple like attaching a used-up folded comforter to a tri-fold (triangular) long piece of cardboard so it can be pushed up loosely against the exhaust tips. As soon as the car quiets down pull it away and you're off.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:29 PM

09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
Mine is pretty loud now with just the res delete and the secondary cats gone, my neighbor is looking every morning at me and he just shakes his head in disgust. When i get headers on i can just imagine...lol. One thing to mention though is if you pull the car into gear, the revs come down ASAP. So anyone having problems with neighbors like Jordan, might want to consider this, it just might go a long way with the neighbors
Old 12-28-2014, 10:38 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by shades
Mine is pretty loud now with just the res delete and the secondary cats gone, my neighbor is looking every morning at me and he just shakes his head in disgust. When i get headers on i can just imagine...lol. One thing to mention though is if you pull the car into gear, the revs come down ASAP. So anyone having problems with neighbors like Jordan, might want to consider this, it just might go a long way with the neighbors
It will still burble quite nastily, and a prude neighbour would hate that all the same...
Old 12-28-2014, 11:10 PM

Elantra
interesting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all you with (TRUE!!) LTH & your neighbors