For all you with (TRUE!!) LTH & your neighbors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 01:46 PM
MBW Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why We Love the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Why We Love the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Sweet mother of Thor. What you're about to hear is a car fit to be called a hammer. It's obviously a Mercedes C63 AMG. However, it differs from most other C63s in that it's fitted with long tube headers that make it sound as if it's a race car on PCP.

Read the rest on the MBWorld.org homepage. >>
Old 12-31-2014, 01:49 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Haha I love when you guys use my stuff for articles
Old 12-31-2014, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by nycphotography
If she doesn't like it she should absolutely call Mercedes Benz and have a conversation with one Tobias Moers. I'm sure he'll see the error of his ways and issue a recall immediately.
Haha, awesome! I would love to hear that phone convo.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
OP - seeing as you've already checked the noise level and are well within the allowable limit, inform her in writing that she is harassing you and that she is to immediately cease with any and all attempts to communicate with you, or you will be forced to take legal measures against her. Send it by registered mail. Enjoy worry-free cold starts aftewards.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
UPDATE:

I provided my neighbor with the city code document showing "legal" levels of sound ordinance. I also provided her with a pic of the reading of the sound level. As disappointed as she was, and she PLEADED, for me to still make a change. I calmly replied that I'm sorry it bugged her, but I tried to accommodate, offered solutions, but in the end it's my damn right.

I have not heard a word from her since. I've been going about my business and starting my car, garage open, as I always have. Not that I was going to change before, but.........

VICTORY!!!! Kleemann and EC- no stopping it!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
Originally Posted by jordanaf
UPDATE:

I provided my neighbor with the city code document showing "legal" levels of sound ordinance. I also provided her with a pic of the reading of the sound level. As disappointed as she was, and she PLEADED, for me to still make a change. I calmly replied that I'm sorry it bugged her, but I tried to accommodate, offered solutions, but in the end it's my damn right.

I have not heard a word from her since. I've been going about my business and starting my car, garage open, as I always have. Not that I was going to change before, but.........

Congrats on the victory! I have no idea why you find pleasure out of treating your neighbors like **** but congrats, none the less. Hopefully this means you'll stop bumping this garbage of a thread.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 C63 AMG P31
UPDATE:

Congrats! Hopefully things will remain silent from her end for a long time

Originally Posted by unruin
Congrats on the victory! I have no idea why you find pleasure out of treating your neighbors like **** but congrats, none the less. Hopefully this means you'll stop bumping this garbage of a thread.
Sounds like someone pissed in unruin's wheaties lol.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63, 2015 C63 507, 2020 C63s
So-

My neighbors on the other side are a deaf couple. Besides my car, how lucky is that(no disrespect to them)?
Don't worry about it. She'll be deaf soon too.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
I agree making enemies with ur neighbours no matter who they are is just stupid
Old 01-05-2015, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by izzy63
I agree making enemies with ur neighbours no matter who they are is just stupid

We were already enemies. She's a little nutty and "not all there". Has a 28yr old son living with her because he's "not all there" either. Has always had issues with plant life and foliage on our shared fence. Anyway, the already "enemies" part is where and why this came up. It was a neighbor situation with 4yrs of history behind it. Part of the reason this came up is because of this. It was not a friendly side-by-side houses and social relationship. So, she just added a new one to the list. My car. I didn't just start having difficulties with her. That's why I got so excited about the dB reading.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by skytow
Don't worry about it. She'll be deaf soon too.

Now THAT'S funny...
Old 01-05-2015, 08:25 PM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Had to buy a valvetronic exhaust. Cops loved visiting my home lol.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Had to buy a valvetronic exhaust. Cops loved visiting my home lol.
Bunch of tools... They bug us at the shop too for "loud noises", the granite place across the street complains. There's 4 shops beside each other, all specializing in different performance brands... No **** you're gonna hear engines.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 AM

2014 CLA 250 / 2010 C63 AMG
Hates that a thread keeps getting bumped and bumps it to tell us this. lol Love it!!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Old 01-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by snoball
Hates that a thread keeps getting bumped and bumps it to tell us this. lol Love it!!
My problem with this thread is isolated to Jordanaf's "she can suck it!!!" attitude. If you had a reading comprehension above a 2nd grade level you would probably have noticed my last post said "you" and not "you all".

I know education standards are a "less demanding" in Texas but that's no excuse, Snoball.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:17 PM

2014 CLA 250 / 2010 C63 AMG
My problem with this thread is isolated to Jordanaf's "she can suck it!!!" attitude. If you had a reading comprehension above a 2nd grade level you would probably have noticed my last post said "you" and not "you all".

I know education standards are a "less demanding" in Texas but that's no excuse, Snoball.
First of all my reading level is above 2nd grade. Its about 3rd grade, or 4th depending where in Texas I currently would be. After that we just get big trucks, lots of guns, hunt for food, and raise cattle.

By the way, thanks for bumping the thread again.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon

Wow! I thought Jordan bent over backwards to accommodate his neighbor. Offering to pollute his home by starting his car with the garage door closed is more than I would be willing to do. The car is within it's legal limits. So after exhausting reasonable solutions she still isn't happy. I would have told her to bug off a long time ago.

Carbon Monoxide kills. Please don't start cars with garage doors down, and don't idle in your garage. This is espically true if you have small children, or the garage is connected to living space.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by rediesel
Wow! I thought Jordan bent over backwards to accommodate his neighbor. Offering to pollute his home by starting his car with the garage door closed is more than I would be willing to do. The car is within it's legal limits. So after exhausting reasonable solutions she still isn't happy. I would have told her to bug off a long time ago.

Carbon Monoxide kills. Please don't start cars with garage doors down, and don't idle in your garage. This is espically true if you have small children, or the garage is connected to living space.
First off, we all know how loud/sudden C63 starts are. Cold starts on my OEM C63 are louder than my e92 M3 w/ aftermarket exhaust. My exhaust doesn't even point at my neighbors house and they still complain about the sound waking them up. Anyone that says cold starts are not a problem are intentionally naive.

So back to jordanaf. Had he been looking for ways to make the problem amicable I would be on board. But when you start posting things like "I handle it by telling her I'm not changing it and she can suck it!!!" then it tells me that you're an entitled ******* who's already made up your mind and are only looking for opinions that validate your own.

I'm not going to condone you treating people like **** just because we share a common interest in cars. If jordanaf were my neighbor we'd be having a completely different conversation right now.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 C63 AMG P31
If jordanaf were my neighbor we'd be having a completely different conversation right now.
Conversations like..."What days to synchronize cold starts?"
Old 01-06-2015, 04:51 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
First off, we all know how loud/sudden C63 starts are. Cold starts on my OEM C63 are louder than my e92 M3 w/ aftermarket exhaust. My exhaust doesn't even point at my neighbors house and they still complain about the sound waking them up. Anyone that says cold starts are not a problem are intentionally naive.

So back to jordanaf. Had he been looking for ways to make the problem amicable I would be on board. But when you start posting things like "I handle it by telling her I'm not changing it and she can suck it!!!" then it tells me that you're an entitled ******* who's already made up your mind and are only looking for opinions that validate your own.

I'm not going to condone you treating people like **** just because we share a common interest in cars. If jordanaf were my neighbor we'd be having a completely different conversation right now.
You have to admit, the M3 cold start may not be insane, but the constant bass from the idle is super annoying. It makes my ears and chest tickle... I hate having one running in the shop. The C63 mufflers do a good job of calming the beast after it's let out its warcry.