C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New video - The C63 goes straight piped, Eurocharged & 562bhp!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Estate
Smile New video - The C63 goes straight piped, Eurocharged & 562bhp!

Hi all,

Did a new video on my YouTube channel hope you like it

Feel free to like, subscribe & share if your feeling nice

Loads more to come this year, will be doing some drifting in her that's for sure lol, next stop, Quaife LSD

Thanks,

ML

Last edited by Monky; 03-02-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
which section did you straight pipe?
Old 03-02-2015, 10:05 PM

C63 Estate
Primary cats, secondary cats and X pipe where the resenators were
Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by Monky
Primary cats, secondary cats and X pipe where the resenators were

dam, that's alot.

all i want to do is secondary cats. lol
Old 03-02-2015, 10:38 PM

C63 Estate
That was my plan too lol but it kinda got out of control.

Also did charcoal delete and installed k&n filters.

Oil temps have become stupid now will see 120+ degrees c on street, building a custom oil cooler in the front grille in unison with standard one and will chop up the bumper a bit, internally, you won't notice anything from the front etc unless you get on your knees.

So not gonna be allowed on track due to decibels, it's mad, but much faster
Old 03-02-2015, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Well done man!

Have you thought about utilizing the new AMG Cooling Package (440)? Although I'm eager to see the results of the custom work.

Right now, my C63 is bone stock. This Wednesday though, it will will be completely transformed (Mode Carbon, Eurocharged, ROW air boxes, some 507 interior bits, etc.).
Old 03-02-2015, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Damn that sounds intense! Well done brah!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
Wow. That noise would get me arrested here.

Mind posting the before and after graph?

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by zibby43
Well done man!

Have you thought about utilizing the new AMG Cooling Package (440)? Although I'm eager to see the results of the custom work.

Right now, my C63 is bone stock. This Wednesday though, it will will be completely transformed (Mode Carbon, Eurocharged, ROW air boxes, some 507 interior bits, etc.).
Lol Zibby! You'll finally make the jump

OP nice vids. UK rainy as usual!!
Don't you worry about those average speed cameras on the M40?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by abcut973
Haha yep! I've literally had parts lying around for over a year now. I have been waiting for one final piece to tie everything together. It arrives in a day.

Then it'll be on to Stage 2.

How does the Eurocharged tune pair with the Black Series? Given the Black Series' wider rubber and outstanding LSD, I imagine the car must launch like a complete animal.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Haha yep! I've literally had parts lying around for over a year now. I have been waiting for one final piece to tie everything together. It arrives in a day.

Then it'll be on to Stage 2.

How does the Eurocharged tune pair with the Black Series? Given the Black Series' wider rubber and outstanding LSD, I imagine the car must launch like a complete animal.

It is! I feel the difference. Car is alive in S+. S is really unecessary. And the blips from the V5 are enjoyable.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:30 AM
g-f

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
996TT
Sounds like an animal! A very pissed off animal.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:19 PM
SPONSOR

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
GT3RS, 356, Raptor, M2, Sprinter 4x4
That's delicious! Sounds fantastic.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Fantastic sound!!! How about the sound volume in cabin? Any in-car video?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
amazing sound and a great fun video.
I've got to ask though, straight piping the exhaust like that why not go ahead and do headers too?
Old 03-04-2015, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Great sound and video, it's great to see how excited and how much you enjoy the car.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
Hey mate! You replied to my sound clip video a little while ago. Car sounds great!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 PM

C63 Estate
Well done man!

Nice dude bet you can't wait sounds epic! I would get the cooling package but it's silly money for what you get and should be free lol. I'm just going to make my own version, custom oil cooler up front in the grille, some ducts, cut out the fan coupling a little as that is what blocks the stock oil cooler more than anything. I'll post up what I do, should keep temps a bit more sensible, maybe add a cooling panel to sit on the slam panel to help keep the air going into the engine and not up and over, I'll work it out. Won't last 2 minutes on track

Originally Posted by papashango
Damn that sounds intense! Well done brah!
Thanks man, see how I get on with noise limits haha. Be fine for the charity events, I'll just rev 3k lower than what they ask me during noise test and back off past the control tower

Originally Posted by computertom
Wow. That noise would get me arrested here.

Mind posting the before and after graph?

Thanks.
Yeah I sure can, it's at my unit so I'll try and remember for tomorrow for you Was 433 WHP to start, I think 477 or 487 whp after. Most the increase is at top of the rev range but with the X Pipe I didn't loose anything down below, gained a little.

Originally Posted by SupremePower
That's delicious! Sounds fantastic.
Hey thanks also, I love it! Probably a bit much for most but I drift a stripped out monster so this is quite relaxing for me

Originally Posted by g-f
Sounds like an animal! A very pissed off animal.
Yeah she's pissed, I get people coming along side me on the motorway asking me to gun it lol

Originally Posted by abcut973

OP nice vids. UK rainy as usual!!
Don't you worry about those average speed cameras on the M40?
That's my first vid with rain in it for 2 months lol, er I take it easy most of the time, just the odd blip here and there

Originally Posted by Henrychung828
Fantastic sound!!! How about the sound volume in cabin? Any in-car video?
Making a new video for next week with a walkaround, in car, out car, more views, external mic etc, make sure I capture it all for you

Originally Posted by rentzington
amazing sound and a great fun video.
I've got to ask though, straight piping the exhaust like that why not go ahead and do headers too?
Headers are crazy money and I think minimal gains, I just wanted a cheap solution really for more noise and powersss. Ideally yeah worth doing but my drifting consumes a lot of monies so can't go mad on the wagon, he says ordering a Quaife but hey a man's gotta do some AMG skids!

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Great sound and video, it's great to see how excited and how much you enjoy the car.
Ah thanks kind of you to say yeah I love it, had a SL55 a few years back which I made too loud, removed the mufflers and welded the tips back into straight pipes, now that was too much! Appreciate the comment though thanks I'll keep working at my vids, not quite Top Gear yet but it's quite a complex world, learning fast I guess

Originally Posted by Razzy
Hey mate! You replied to my sound clip video a little while ago. Car sounds great!
Which one was yours? I've been driving everyone mad on YouTube asking stupid questions. Do recognise your name though, well thank you for helping me on my quest!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:23 PM

C63 Estate
I put a few more clips on my Facebook page and Instagram page:

www.facebook.com/MONKYLONDON

www.instagram.com/MONKYLONDON

Has bed in a little now. I've bought an external mic but it wasn't working due to crappy eBAy 3.5mm jack so that's still with GoPro Hero 3 + Mic, will get some better sound soon and make a full vid, hopefully next week.

Cheers all, will get some big smoke action soon
Old 03-05-2015, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Monky
Nice dude bet you can't wait sounds epic! I would get the cooling package but it's silly money for what you get and should be free lol. I'm just going to make my own version, custom oil cooler up front in the grille, some ducts, cut out the fan coupling a little as that is what blocks the stock oil cooler more than anything. I'll post up what I do, should keep temps a bit more sensible, maybe add a cooling panel to sit on the slam panel to help keep the air going into the engine and not up and over, I'll work it out. Won't last 2 minutes on track
Many thanks! Just received the final component I needed today. First stage of the build commences this weekend.

Completely agree re: the price of the cooling package. It would've been nice if the retrofit was complimentary (a man can dream hah). Very much looking forward to seeing the custom oil cooler project unfold.

Just subscribed to your channel tonight after checking out your other videos with the C63 Estate. Absolutely brilliant driving. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:49 AM

To many
Hi ML. Like your style!! Been wanting to do this to mine for ages. I've gutted my secondary cats but now I must go all the way after seeing you had flames!! lol .I'm in the uk so may give acid a call at MSL. Did you just book it in for the day? Birmingham is a couple of hours each way for me so be handy if it can be done in a day.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
I love that it's shooting flames, that looks amazing! How the hell do I make mine do that!? lol
Old 03-07-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slow Vehicle
cool work man!! Looks bad *** on the estate !
Old 03-07-2015, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Nice job.
I see where you say headers give minimal gain, may wanna do a bit more research on that one. Gains from headers are pretty good.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:40 PM

C63 Estate
Many thanks! Just received the final component I needed today. First stage of the build commences this weekend.

Completely agree re: the price of the cooling package. It would've been nice if the retrofit was complimentary (a man can dream hah). Very much looking forward to seeing the custom oil cooler project unfold.

Just subscribed to your channel tonight after checking out your other videos with the C63 Estate. Absolutely brilliant driving. Keep up the great work.
Hey, thanks man appreciate the kind feedback! I do a bit of drifting in my spare time, so inevitably, when the 63 goes to the track, I take that sideways too, although lasts about two laps before limp dick mode activates ANy links to your project thread?

Originally Posted by felstmiester
Hi ML. Like your style!! Been wanting to do this to mine for ages. I've gutted my secondary cats but now I must go all the way after seeing you had flames!! lol .I'm in the uk so may give acid a call at MSL. Did you just book it in for the day? Birmingham is a couple of hours each way for me so be handy if it can be done in a day.
Yeah man, to be honest, if you just do primaries, it will sound pretty god dam stick. Maybe straight pipe, primaries, leave your secondarys gutted and leave resenators. My car isn't daily, but it's fooking loud! I do get a lot of thumbs up on the street though, I have many van drivers coming along side asking me to accelerate

Yeah booked it in for the day with Acid, and hung around while the work was done, long day, but good fun and worth it

Originally Posted by papashango
I love that it's shooting flames, that looks amazing! How the hell do I make mine do that!? lol
Lol get rid of all the cats, resenators and up the map bit, get it nice and hot, a voila, flames

Originally Posted by Overspooled
cool work man!! Looks bad *** on the estate !
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Nice job.
I see where you say headers give minimal gain, may wanna do a bit more research on that one. Gains from headers are pretty good.
Thanks man! Maybe not minimal gains, but compared with what I have done. I paid circa 1000USD for all this and got over 100bhp plus over stock. Headers cost like 4000USD? And might give me another 25BHP? nice gains, but 4 times the price for 1/4 of the power gains if that makes any sense, that's what I was getting at Still would love them, but my 2JZ drift car gets most the money chucked at it haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New video - The C63 goes straight piped, Eurocharged & 562bhp!