Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas mileage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 2012 M156
A lot of manufactures run their cars way to rich for warranty reasons. But if you look after your car and run it on high quality fuel there is just as much economy/efficiency to be gained as power for the discerning operator. This is over looked by most tuners. What did you guys think of Steve's video BTW?
Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by Missionary
Not true at all! There are loads of race formulas where fuel usage is key. F1, Le Mans WRC. Efficiency in all its form is key for any competitive sport... FYI, a Mercedes C63 is NOT a race car. It is a fast and in my opinion wonderfully silly road car. Tweaking some more efficiency out of it especially if you can keep all your top end is a win win and I think how any electronically mapped engine should be set up.
If it gets raced.... it is race car!

fyi got 21mpg cruising at around 80mph to houston last weekend 240miles.
Im pretty sure the tuning for emissions calibration (nox and no egr), no cylinder shut off and not having variable camshaft lift/duration profiles like vtech is our mpg killer.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 2012 M156
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
If it gets raced.... it is race car!

fyi got 21mpg cruising at around 80mph to houston last weekend 240miles.
Im pretty sure the tuning for emissions calibration (nox and no egr), no cylinder shut off and not having variable camshaft lift/duration profiles like vtech is our mpg killer.
I think the exercise in morphology obscures the point. If you own a C63 you obviously love cars. My position is that efficiency is valid and important part of the performance package and should be perused with vigor. It is the difference between wining and loosing for race teams there are big wins to be had in transition tuning for street and street/track cars. Range and refining throttle responce when using the throttle to steer being two.

That said I am very interested to hear the emissions tuning theory elaborated on. FYI I know my fuel maps hit 0 on decell once the car figures out I am "between stages".