C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Skipped service visits on Black Series

Old 07-06-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
Skipped service visits on Black Series

Hello, current 2013 C63 owner just put a deposit on a nice 2012 BS with 14,500 miles. I just had a PPI done at the local MB dealer. The service advisor told me the car was in good shape but that it had only one service visit on record at 14,000 miles in July 2014. So basically the previous owner drove it for nearly two years and 14,000 miles without a first oil change?? Who would do that to $110,000 car? Also I believe there is an early differential oil change at 3000 miles and that was not done (at least not at an MB dealer). Not only is this pretty concerning as the potential future owner of the car but I believe this may void the factory warranty if you skip the recommend service visits. Thoughts on this one?
Old 07-06-2015, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
They probably had it serviced at an indy shop. You can see if MB can reach out to the previous owner and see if that's the case.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Which one is it? Not too many around with that mileage.
14k mls without an oil change is doubtful unless previous owner didn't really care or DIY all its services
The fact you put a deposit on the car means everything else checks out. My advice would be to get it CPO'ed if it is sold by a MB dealership.
GL with your search.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,319 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Yeah I would not sign on the bottom line unless you know for certain these things were done because everyone is absolutely correct, you're warranty can be void because of these neglected items, or at least no documentation to prove that they happened.

It is very possible for someone to be driving a very expensive car to not have it serviced, people are just ignorant and plain stupid sometimes
Old 07-06-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
After checking the carfax I found a dealer listed for the first service and after calling them I was able to find it had a service at 1800 and 8100 miles under a prepaid program. I guess the MB dealer that did the PPI for me didn't have access to the service events that occurred at an outside dealer? Definitely will get an extended warranty if I pull the trigger on this.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
it's been serviced, just do it
Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
A little off topic but this reminds me of a scenario with my Dad and one of his Mercedes years ago. Around 2000 he bought a new S430. (Probably the worst Mercedes he's owned) So at some point around 8-10,000 km I asked him when he was going to take it in for its first service. I had a mechanical background and my Dad was a businessman so I was often keeping an eye on his cars reminding him to get a service. He said it was not due yet and a light would come on to tell him when to take it in. Having had allot of experience using oil analysis I told him those service indicator systems were not accurate or reliable. Finally around 20,000 km I took a sample and had it analyzed in hopes the results would persuade him to change it. As I expected, Metrotech also said change the oil. He said nope and keep driving it. I went with him when he went to trade it in after about 2 years. The salesman looked into the service book and said; there's no service history? Dad said no, the car never called for it. The salesman sort of got this shocked horrified look on his face when he realized the car had over 33,000 km on the factory fill. He was a good customer so that was the only mention of it and they took the car. So you never know... (Fortunately dad is much better about maintenance now.)
That being said, glad the BS was serviced, enjoy!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Multispeed
A little off topic but this reminds me of a scenario with my Dad and one of his Mercedes years ago. Around 2000 he bought a new S430. (Probably the worst Mercedes he's owned) So at some point around 8-10,000 km I asked him when he was going to take it in for its first service. I had a mechanical background and my Dad was a businessman so I was often keeping an eye on his cars reminding him to get a service. He said it was not due yet and a light would come on to tell him when to take it in. Having had allot of experience using oil analysis I told him those service indicator systems were not accurate or reliable. Finally around 20,000 km I took a sample and had it analyzed in hopes the results would persuade him to change it. As I expected, Metrotech also said change the oil. He said nope and keep driving it. I went with him when he went to trade it in after about 2 years. The salesman looked into the service book and said; there's no service history? Dad said no, the car never called for it. The salesman sort of got this shocked horrified look on his face when he realized the car had over 33,000 km on the factory fill. He was a good customer so that was the only mention of it and they took the car. So you never know... (Fortunately dad is much better about maintenance now.)
That being said, glad the BS was serviced, enjoy!
so why ddint the car give a reminder, cos i thought they use time as well as km to tell u to serivce the car