C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Sonic Tuning - RennCarbon Spoiler and Black Series Lip Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe, BMW 335xi Frozen Silver
Sonic Tuning Review - RennCarbon Spoiler and Black Series Lip

This thread initially was made because I had issues with obtaining a refund from them, but that has somewhat been resolved (ironically after posting this thread).

Since I can't delete the thread, might as well turn it into a review.

I ordered the RennCarbon Spoiler and front lip from them back in April. The fitment of the spoiler was horrendous. I'm not 100% if this was actually made for the coupe or if it was for the sedan...but anyways here is a pic:

Sonic Tuning - RennCarbon Spoiler and Black Series Lip Review-spoiler_zpsvhg4tush.jpg

I shipped back the spoiler to them since they claim they sent me the wrong one. They told me the correct spoiler would only be ready in 2-3 weeks so I had to wait.

Meanwhile the week after I finally had some time to install the RennCarbon front lip. To my surprise, the front lip was even worse than the spoiler. I was trying so hard to make it fit that I even ended up scratching my bumper. I don't see how this would ever hold as there's no under portion of the lip to drill holes and the lip itself has no proper contact with the bumper. Here's a video clip:

I can see that Sonic Tuning has had great reviews with their Renn Motorsport wheels. However, this post is just to warn all of you members about the fitment of their aftermarket (body) parts for the C63. I would hate for anyone else to waste their time like I did.

They still owe me for the cost of shipping back the spoiler. Sonic Tuning if you're reading this...feel free to send me my $45 CAD to my paypal.

Last edited by leungsta; 08-10-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Received refund, but have not been reimbursed for the cost of shipping of the spoiler.

Last edited by leungsta; 08-16-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 AMG FBO, 2014 E63 AMG S
Have you opened a dispute with your credit card company?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by dubzAMG
Have you opened a dispute with your credit card company?
I have not...but a large portion that was paid to them was already sitting in my paypal account..
Old 08-15-2015, 09:48 AM

Sonic Tuning, you left me a blank voicemail yesterday. Care to share what it's about?
Old 08-16-2015, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I have found that the aftermarket CF parts business is so shady. Either they are a bunch of idiots or they lie and scam you to death about quality and fitment just to make a sale. Then once you buy, refunds, exchanges, and support is nonexistent...especially when they try to gain your trust before the sale and tell you to buy confidently.

Sorry about your issues. Looks like they sent you majorly ill fitting parts...
Old 08-16-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
I have found that the aftermarket CF parts business is so shady. Either they are a bunch of idiots or they lie and scam you to death about quality and fitment just to make a sale. Then once you buy, refunds, exchanges, and support is nonexistent...especially when they try to gain your trust before the sale and tell you to buy confidently.

Sorry about your issues. Looks like they sent you majorly ill fitting parts...
I agree. A lot of this behavior is also encouraged by mbworld's policy of letting vendors not post a price and spam the board with "PM us for best price!"

I am beating a dead horse, this has been covered hundreds of times. This is the only forum that allows this behavior. Weird.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 08-16-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't put the blame on the forum. At the end of the day, the person running this forum has to earn a living too. Without vendors paying a subscription, there wouldn't be a forum for us to be on. I do agree though, that if a vendor is a major scammer than the forum should be the one to make the next move.

That being said, the issue lies more with the vendors and how they decide to conduct their own business.

You have vendors such as Mode Carbon charging a premium but guaranteeing excellent quality and fitment of their products as well as providing excellent customer service. Then you have vendors such as Sonic Tuning who provides excellent customer service and guarantees quality fitment up until you pay them. After that they decide it's worth more to turn a blind eye rather than protect their reputation.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
At the end of the day, forum members see these threads and stop doing business with the shady vendors. Not all of the carbon fiber guys are bad, I recently had an awesome experience with RW Carbon. There are good people out there just trying to make a living. Although the admins have cut down on the vendor spam, and I agree the PM price thing is weird and unique to this place, the best thing we can do ourselves is to let our wallets do the talking. Then the bad ones will just go away.

OP hope this gets sorted out for you.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
At the end of the day, forum members see these threads and stop doing business with the shady vendors. Not all of the carbon fiber guys are bad, I recently had an awesome experience with RW Carbon. There are good people out there just trying to make a living. Although the admins have cut down on the vendor spam, and I agree the PM price thing is weird and unique to this place, the best thing we can do ourselves is to let our wallets do the talking. Then the bad ones will just go away.

OP hope this gets sorted out for you.
Thanks man. I'd like to mention that following my experience with Sonic Tuning, I contacted RW Carbon to purchase the spoiler and lip. Matt was a pleasure to work with.

Completely satisfied with RW's spoiler and it fits perfectly. Unfortunately they don't have the lip in stock, but once they do, I'll be the first one to buy.