C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Exhaust....Who dun it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63 AMG
Exhaust....Who dun it?

Contrary to the title, I do know how to spell. I would definitely like to hear the opinions of those of you with the badass exhaust systems. I am currently deployed in the middle east and the price of shipping something (exhaust system) here is sickening. I found a very talented bloke here that suggested replacing everything from the manifolds back except the mufflers with wider tubes and sport cats. Couple questions; 1). What would be the difference between putting on test pipes vs sport cats? 2). How much power will this setup add? Just speculation guys. I have the manic tune on the car. 3). Is this in any way not healthy for the car; 2009 100k? Thanks

P.S. Here she is. Just not purring like I'd like!!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
This will help explain everything. A sum up though:
Only removing resonator - more raspy, lose AMG sound
Only removing 2nd Cats - Keeps AMG sound, just makes it louder / more pronounced
Only removing primaries - sounds like sh*t
Replacing with xpipe, hpipe or straight is all personal pref, but having the x or h pipe will change the loudness/sound a bit compared to straights.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...info-noob.html

I just did recently, 2nd cats/straight pipes, it sounds amazing. Its a bit louder when crusing but anything over 2k rpm, you can tell something is diff, throatier and all hell starts to break lose.

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 08-23-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
i have straight piped both cats ...its pretty loud..my car screams at like 3,000 RPM ..I kinda feel bad when i WOT honestly it even hurts my ears inside the car but yolo

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-23-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
First step for me was MBH headers, high-flow cats, to MBH x-pipe, through the stock resonators and mufflers. Really enjoyed the sound and performance, but I got used to it after 6 months (everyone thought it was loud enough except me). Last week I removed my resonators and replaced with straight pipes - now it's 3" from the headers all the way back to the rear axle. The sound is different - crisper, more raw, much more detail in the sound. Every little backfire, shift, burble, overrun is heard. And it's like twice as loud now at WOT, no joke. At idle it sounds stock, but when I get on it it's ear-splitting. I like it, but be warned it is not for the faint-hearted. Also there is now some drone at highway speeds but I don't care. You will make people you pass on the highway poo themselves when you open it up, guaranteed. It sounds like gunfire or fireworks in a can.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63 AMG
Have most of you guys bought premade exhaust kits or had an expert make the setup? Here a premade kit would cost double what you pay for it there. I haven't had the car long enough to determine whether it's reliable; however, I am dying for the "c63 scream." Does changing the exhaust setup have any negative influence on engine reliability. Which is the better option the x pipe or h pipe?
Old 08-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by shamrode
Have most of you guys bought premade exhaust kits or had an expert make the setup? Here a premade kit would cost double what you pay for it there. I haven't had the car long enough to determine whether it's reliable; however, I am dying for the "c63 scream." Does changing the exhaust setup have any negative influence on engine reliability. Which is the better option the x pipe or h pipe?
hit up mikegb i think his username is..he sells them. Also, get a straight pipe 2nd cat delete ..then if thats not enough straight pipe the 1st set of cats too i think you'll be happy with the results, I had an X-pipe but found you had to kinda get into it to hear any noise..2nd cat delete with a straight pipe you can hear scream at low RPM, and 1st/2nd cat delete with straight pipe is quite a bit louder ..although remember you WILL need a catless tune file if you delete any of the cats otherwise the car will run like crap and throw CEL

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-23-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
i straight piped my resonator and 2nd cats. low cost and great results. sounds mean and pretty loud all the time but when you floor it you gonna wake up some neighbors...cold starts are badass
Old 08-24-2015, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
Go to your local exhaust shop and tell them to chop off the secondary cats and resonator and replace with straight pipes. Unless you're adding long tube headers, you don't need an X or an H-pipe. Simple as that.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by kb24forlife24
Go to your local exhaust shop and tell them to chop off the secondary cats and resonator and replace with straight pipes. Unless you're adding long tube headers, you don't need an X or an H-pipe. Simple as that.
Pretty much what kb24forlife24 said, go to a shop (that knows what they are doing) and just tell them "2nd cats removed and replaced with straight pipes (steel if possible)" or whatever parts you want removed. If you can find a good shop, it will be cheaper than buying the parts offline.