C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

AMR Performance Tuned: C63 AMG w/ Nitrous: A little bit of nitrous goes a long way :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Cool AMR Performance Tuned: C63 AMG w/ Nitrous: A little bit of nitrous goes a long way :)

We receive a lot of inquiries about nitrous setups and tuning especially on the Mercedes C63. With that being said, one of our excited customer's sent over a time slip from his day at the track so we wanted to share his experience with the MBWorld members & C63 enthusiasts.

This clients setup is quite unique as it has only the "bare-bones" of modifications done.

Modifications:

Fuel:
  • Pump Gas: 93 Octane

ECU:

Power:
  • Base Line: 385hp / 380tq
  • Nitrous + Tune: 528hp / 600tq

"RAW" Dyno Plot:

Track Time Slip:

Special Thanks:

• David: For choosing AMR Performance for his ECU software needs and providing us with his results as well as his experience.
  • AUTOMASTER: For their expertise in custom fabrication and excellent installation services. (www.automasteramr.com)
  • Nitrous Express: For their solenoids and bottle.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Tell us more about AMR custom test pipes... Because after I made my way to your website I noticed you just used Weistec pics and such when advertising your exhausts... and superchargers...

Not to mention the exhaust costs the same, so why wouldn't I just buy from Weistec?

Stock tire 1.7 60'? With nitrous? Or was nitrous used after launch?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Tell us more about AMR custom test pipes... Because after I made my way to your website I noticed you just used Weistec pics and such when advertising your exhausts... and superchargers...

Not to mention the exhaust costs the same, so why wouldn't I just buy from Weistec?

Stock tire 1.7 60'? With nitrous? Or was nitrous used after launch?
Seems you are looking at the wrong website: www.amrperformance.com

The custom test pipes were done by AUTOMASTER not AMR Performance. Different companies.

Our website: www.amrperformance.com
Their website: www.automasteramr.com

The custom test pipes, done by AUTOMASTER, eliminated both right and left CAT on the vehicle. We noticed through testing, on another C63, that the factory CATs will fail with anything over a 50shot and sprayed consistently.

The nitrous setup, which was done by AUTOMASTER, had an activation switch for the system to power and was triggered to "spray" under wide-open-throttle (WOT).

Regarding tires, the customer states he had street radials on the car.

Last edited by AMR Performance; 10-01-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Agree - there had to be other changes, particularly with the rear tire. Sorry but you're not getting a 1.7 60' on street tires with a 150hp shot of N2O.

And what method was used for shifting - RS, S+, manual? Power brake? Weight reduction? Was it a coupe or sedan, FL or PFL? Wheels and tires used?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by AMR Performance
Seems you are looking at the wrong website: www.amrperformance.com

The custom test pipes were done by AUTOMASTER not AMR Performance. Different companies.

Our website: www.amrperformance.com
Their website: www.automasteramr.com

Can you please explain the difference between AMR located on 17 Jansen Street in Danbury CT and AMR located on 17 Jansen Street in Danbury CT? Because I went to your website and found the contact information and then when to their website and found the contact information.

Just trying to figure out the differences between these two separate companies located in the same place with the same name.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Can you please explain the difference between AMR located on 17 Jansen Street in Danbury CT and AMR located on 17 Jansen Street in Danbury CT? Because I went to your website and found the contact information and then when to their website and found the contact information.

Just trying to figure out the differences between these two separate companies located in the same place with the same name.
That's a pretty good question. Never heard of either of these shops.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
That's a pretty good question. Never heard of either of these shops.

AMR Performance: We manufacture software & hardware for the automotive industry. We manufacture a complete line of intercooler systems, exhaust systems, turbochargers and a large variety of other products. We also are the exclusive U.S. (CANADA as well) importer & distributor for automotive & aeronautic balancing equipment (i.e.: turbochargers, flywheels, driveshafts, etc...). We also are the exclusive software provider for a variety of aftermarket companies such as Raptor Superchargers, Vogue Performance, etc...

Though we can not speak for AUTOMASTER, we can tell you the following:

AUTOMASTER: Custom fabrication, engine building and installation. They are our preferred installation shop.

AMR Performance current "open-to-the-public" location is at Suite A of Jansen Street. This is a temporary location as we are patiently awaiting C-of-O (Certificate of Occupancy) at our new building/location in which AMR Performance will notify the public of its grand opening.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 amg coupe
I want to resurrect this thread from the dead! did you guys disappear?
Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Edition1c63
I want to resurrect this thread from the dead! did you guys disappear?

Disappear? No sir! Busy busy.

We just launched our new tuning center in Danbury, CT 06810.

Check out our website for directions and further details.

In regards to the car, customer has been enjoying it. Once the weather breaks I'm sure he will be back out.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
FWIW I have an AMR turbo on my Subaru and their tune.

Very happy with the product
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Presumably when a tuner does a nitrous tune, all they really do is pull a few degree's of timing from the engine in the usable range of the nitrous system (for arguments sake, let's say ...4000rpm to 7000rpm on this particular motor)

If somebody has a conventional tune (ie with more timing, fuel etc) to take advantage of headers etc, how much nitrous is a safe amount to run? Or rather, who has actually safely managed to run x amount with a tune and for a number of years/miles?
Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 amg coupe
How many nitrous cars have you done since the car listed in OP? What size shots are available?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 353 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
When it tried to access the AMRPerformace web site I was told be Firefox that the site was untrusted. You might want to fix your security measures.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
e55 performance

Have any of you used Victory Road Performance? (VRPSpeed.com), I have driven a couple of E55's he has built and they are unbelievable. Trying to decide if I should go with the 63 platform, VRP will have a supercharger for the NA motor, should be ridiculous. Does anyone think I should step up for an AWD 2014, go with an NA CL63, or stick with an E55? Budget not an issue.