C63 COUPE 20" ALLOY FITMENT (AGAIN)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe 2012 PPP
C63 COUPE 20" ALLOY FITMENT (AGAIN)

Hi All,

Before I even ask the question......my apologies in advance......I'm sure this topic hs been 'round-the-block' on many occasions...but I'm still struggling to find out if 20's will fit, or more to the point, who's (make) will fit at what offset etc.....

OK, sooooooooo..........Just bought a 2012 C63 W204 Coupe in Palladium Silver with black 19's and yes, it looks the bizzo........but.........there's always a 'but', huh?

Normally, I'm not a black alloy fan....I'm getting on a bit y'know..haha....but I really think these look OK on the 63 coup' with the Palladium Silver....but OK isn't WOW! And I want WOW! Well, for me at least....

So, I'm looking at a set of 20's in traditional silver.....

Can anyone help point me in the right direction re rim width and offset and some recommendations re manufacturers......

Some pics with the rims fitted would bee much appreciated too.

Cheers,

Neil.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:26 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Although most w204 owners roll with 18s and 19s, there are a few that can pull off 20s. Honestly 20s without a drop though looks a bit 4x4. Offsets on the w204 are really high... mid 40s in front, high 40s/low 50s in rear. Widths you'll probably want to stick in the 8-9 range in front, 9-10 rear. This is all general ranges you'll want to aim for in your search. As for manufacturers, depends on budget really. Most budget wheels are cast which might be ok if you have relative smooth roads, but they lack strength and can crack/bend. Flow formed would be the next category up which is a bit stronger than cast, but also a bit more expensive ($1.5-2.5K). Finally you have forged which asides from being the strongest wheels, also allow for the most in customization and really dialing in the fitment (as they're custom made). Here prices will range from $3.5-10K. If you have a budget in mind, I can offer you some manufacturer recommendations
Old 11-12-2015, 03:24 AM

C63 AMG Coupe 2012 PPP
Hey Michael,

Thanks so much for the reply, its really appreciated.

The roads over here in the UK can be pretty ****ty I must admit but not so bad that they're un-driveable the majority of the time.

However, I don't want too be fitting rubbish to the 63 either, of course.

I've seen some real-nice Vossen rims (the VFS1 being my fave) and some HRE FF01's........not forged I know but going forged, although appeals, is not really sensible budget wise! haha. To be fair, Flow Formed would be suitable over here buddy.

Also, what do I need to be looking at lowering wise mate? How much of a drop without tyre scrub?

Which tyres are going to give the best clearance shoulder-wise?

What's ys thoughts man?

Cheers again,

Neil.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:12 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Neil

HRE FF series is probably the best flow formed out there so can't go wrong. Forgestar is also one you can look at as they're one of the first to push the flow formed process.

As for lowering, springs are the easiest and cheapest option. Many go with H&R Super Sports. The problem with just springs though is you'll go through your shocks faster. A proper coilover kit is the ideal method. H&R, Eibach, KW, Bilstein, etc are proven units that you should try to stick with and would also allow you to dial in the exact height you want.

For tires, I'm a big fan of Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but for your area, you'll probably need all season tires right?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W204 AMG forum...
Old 11-13-2015, 03:43 AM

C63 AMG Coupe 2012 PPP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Neil

HRE FF series is probably the best flow formed out there so can't go wrong. Forgestar is also one you can look at as they're one of the first to push the flow formed process.

As for lowering, springs are the easiest and cheapest option. Many go with H&R Super Sports. The problem with just springs though is you'll go through your shocks faster. A proper coilover kit is the ideal method. H&R, Eibach, KW, Bilstein, etc are proven units that you should try to stick with and would also allow you to dial in the exact height you want.

For tires, I'm a big fan of Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but for your area, you'll probably need all season tires right?

Thanks man,

No, not really buddy. I could run the Pilot's no probs as I'd be garaging the 63 once the ice comes and the road-salt goes down

Cheers again for chatting and for the advice Michael.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
stay away from the PSS's if you're going 20s, PSS is only good for 18-19s i personally believe, i had PSS on my 20s and my car always would get bent without even giving it throttle, it'd be a lil wet out and you'd take a turn then the rear end is kicking out, it's not fun when theres cars around you, i took them off after it kept happening and have been using Falken 453's on my 18s and 20s since, never had a issue and the car feels like its on a rail track in the rain

Last edited by avery.whss; 11-13-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:46 AM

C63 AMG Coupe 2012 PPP
Originally Posted by avery.whss
stay away from the PSS's if you're going 20s, PSS is only good for 18-19s i personally believe, i had PSS on my 20s and my car always would get bent without even giving it throttle, it'd be a lil wet out and you'd take a turn then the rear end is kicking out, it's not fun when theres cars around you, i took them off after it kept happening and have been using Falken 453's on my 18s and 20s since, never had a issue and the car feels like its on a rail track in the rain
Sh*t! not good!

The more I dig, the less I'm inclined to do anything other that swap the 'standard' black 19's for a set of silver rims

Pulls to the right if lowered/rubs on 20's/offsets/tyre widths/sh*t ride quality/poor handling....etc etc yada, yada.....More horror stories than you can shake the rear-end of a 63 at!!!

As much as I'd love the look on 20's.......I'm no fan of chucking a few large at a car to make it ride/handle like a pig-on-stilts that eats standard shocks for lunch.

I'm running Yoko Advan's at the minute and I find that they're faultless in the rain, I must say.

Yup, I think my mind's made up......a set of Vossen VFS-1's in stock sizes with a set of stock size Advan's......