Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought an ex AMG Driving Ac Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2015 | 10:56 PM

09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Originally Posted by rediesel

Seriously they encourage you to push them at the ADA. That said I'm sure there are some folks who beat these cars just as hard on the street as the ADA does on the track.
Most definitely!
Old 12-09-2015 | 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
Lol I agree to an extent, all I am saying is that the potential is there for an academy car to develop a following down the road much like Hertz or highway patrol mustangs have and drive the value up as compared to a 'normal' history car.
No. Just no. You are 100% wrong. There is zero potential.

There is not going to be ANY premium market for the ADA cars. Just like there's no premium market for any of the other manufacturer track cars - Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc etc etc. You never see these in the secondary market, because they are manufacturer test mules and generally thought to be unsellable. And they should be for obvious reasons - they are beat on harder than any owner would or could. Fact.

The Hertz Penske Mustangs were special for reasons other than being driven like a rental car all its life. There were only 150 made, and you couldn't get the same configuration (tuning, gearing, suspension, brakes) or graphics and little stupid knick-nacks like the Penske branding and Recaro seats and all the other stupid stuff they loaded it up with.

Get a grip guys. There is nothing special about this car. The OP should get out of it any way he can. There are plenty of other 507's out there.
Old 12-09-2015 | 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by BLKROKT

There is not going to be ANY premium market for the ADA cars. Just like there's no premium market for any of the other manufacturer track cars - Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc etc etc. You never see these in the secondary market, because they are manufacturer test mules and generally thought to be unsellable. And they should be for obvious reasons - they are beat on harder than any owner would or could. Fact.

The Hertz Penske Mustangs were special for reasons other than being driven like a rental car all its life. There were only 150 made, and you couldn't get the same configuration (tuning, gearing, suspension, brakes) or graphics and little stupid knick-nacks like the Penske branding and Recaro seats and all the other stupid stuff they loaded it up with.

Get a grip guys. There is nothing special about this car. The OP should get out of it any way he can. There are plenty of other 507's out there.
PREACH!!
Old 12-09-2015 | 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I'll be attending ADA cota this weekend.
ADA has agreed to check out my car and tell me about it.
Looking forward to the trip and the fun.
Old 12-09-2015 | 02:09 PM

Multiple
Originally Posted by betrezra
Going back to the same strip club where your wife used to work, with your wife is a bit weird huh?
Old 12-09-2015 | 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
If you can I'd bring the car to show them and see if they will give you a decal set for it
Old 12-09-2015 | 04:27 PM

Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
Going back to the same strip club where your wife used to work, with your wife is a bit weird huh?
Ha! Nice.
Old 12-09-2015 | 04:41 PM

97 Viper, 14 SRT Jeep
LOL
Old 12-09-2015 | 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
wow you guys are real classy! I'm in the right place.
But if you have to ask... yes bringing the car to it's playground.
I'll see about the car #19 swag.
Old 12-09-2015 | 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30

100%. Period.
Old 12-09-2015 | 06:38 PM

2009 C63 AMG
So just to clarify, you didn't know it was an academy car before you purchased? Or you had all these questions and concerns and still purchased anyway?
Old 12-09-2015 | 07:04 PM

E55K, Black on Black. C63, Black on Black. SRT-10 NightRunner 363of400

Jim, I agree 100% with you here. If it was meant to be some kind of collectible all of the badging decals etc would have been left in place and the car would have been advertised as such. Pretty easy case. At least he's got a warranty.....
Old 12-09-2015 | 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dogtag114
Ummmm... Urrrrrr...

Am I the only one that saw all those track pictures as...

"Look at all the guys my new wife banged before"
Exactly what I was thinking haha
Old 12-09-2015 | 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Ok guys.. OP is done here. this thread is going off track.

I'll leave it with you all.

Thx for all the help on this matter.
Old 12-09-2015 | 08:53 PM
Veteran: Army

2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
I'm attending the advanced course at COTA this weekend. Any chance I get to see this famous #19 car?
Old 12-09-2015 | 09:05 PM

Multiple

You say that, and yet you come back and post tons of pics of your car doing academy duty. And you seem to have changed your sig to showcase your 'academy car'. Weird.

Have fun at COTA, I've heard it's a GREAT track!
Old 12-10-2015 | 06:16 AM

Multiple
OP,

See this

http://jalopnik.com/guy-buys-bmw-with-problems-finds-out-it-was-hooned-on-1747174493

And that was top gear, the biggest car show on the planet. I'd get your academy car swapped out.
Old 12-10-2015 | 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
OP,

See this

http://jalopnik.com/guy-buys-bmw-wit...-on-1747174493

And that was top gear, the biggest car show on the planet. I'd get your academy car swapped out.
now i could see the case being made for that car being collectible as it was featured on top gear driven by clarkson, not so much for an ADA car.
Old 12-10-2015 | 02:03 PM

e63 NA
Originally Posted by Dogtag114
Ummmm... Urrrrrr...

Am I the only one that saw all those track pictures as...

"Look at all the guys my new wife banged before"

Haha this gave me a good laugh.

Best of luck Betreza, looks like you got a good case behind you.
Old 12-10-2015 | 02:04 PM

e63 NA

Best of luck brother.
Old 12-10-2015 | 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/thi...d-by-top-gear/
Old 12-10-2015 | 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Hello puff. Thx brother.

I've got this under control.

All the other "chatter" is fun to watch, but not really necessary at this time.

Cheers folks.

Looking forward to a good weekend of COTA driving.
Old 12-11-2015 | 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
This is just poor taste and not funny.

Betrezra is a veteran of these boards. He brings his concern for discussion to his "peers" and we can't stop cracking wife jokes and ripping on his property. I'm sorry if I'm out of line betrezra, but this op owns this car. He has to live with it. Maybe there is a solution or a compromise to his problem. That's the purpose of this thread. None of it should be enough to justify any of us making wise cracks and bash his property.

I sometimes visit the non AMG boards and it is refreshing to see so much more respectful adult conversations. The jokes are tasteful and lighthearted. When someone is wrong or has made a mistake there is no belittling or bashing. Certainly this forum can do better than being the toilet of mbworld.

It seems like the higher performance more expensive car communities are more and more filled with immature a$$holes that don't get together to learn from each other and enjoy their mutual passion. It's to fill their purposeless time with humiliating others to make themselves feel better about themselves.

This is officially my last post on this miserable w204 C63. See you somewhere else.
Old 12-11-2015 | 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
2009 is not that old..
Old 12-11-2015 | 12:33 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cyberorth
This is just poor taste and not funny.

Betrezra is a veteran of these boards. He brings his concern for discussion to his "peers" and we can't stop cracking wife jokes and ripping on his property. I'm sorry if I'm out of line betrezra, but this op owns this car. He has to live with it. Maybe there is a solution or a compromise to his problem. That's the purpose of this thread. None of it should be enough to justify any of us making wise cracks and bash his property.

I sometimes visit the non AMG boards and it is refreshing to see so much more respectful adult conversations. The jokes are tasteful and lighthearted. When someone is wrong or has made a mistake there is no belittling or bashing. Certainly this forum can do better than being the toilet of mbworld.

It seems like the higher performance more expensive car communities are more and more filled with immature a$$holes that don't get together to learn from each other and enjoy their mutual passion. It's to fill their purposeless time with humiliating others to make themselves feel better about themselves.

This is officially my last post on this miserable w204 C63. See you somewhere else.
Chill

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bought an ex AMG Driving Ac Car