Thoughts on 2013 CPO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bus
Thoughts on 2013 CPO?

Hi,

Been lurking for a little while and casually looking locally for a C63. Recently a 2013 CPO'd with 28k popped up down the road from me. Car looks pretty clean and from the maintenance information it looks like it's only time in the shop was for oil changes/regular maint at 11k, 21k, and 28k miles.

From my lurking and reading here I haven't come across too many things to really be concerned about with this car. However, I wanted opinions of those that have been in and around these cars more than I have.

I appreciate any and all input! This would be my first MB and AMG.

Thanks

Last edited by TurboRush; 02-11-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Cars are built well. Really dont have much to worry about with that year. You'll spend most on oil changes and rear tires which go quickly. Otherwise, it's like any other car you have had. Just do the maintenance that is at the intervals and voila, it'll last you as long as you want it.

There really isn't much out there that everyone is going to get a headache from. Some complain about creeks/squeaks coming from the dash expecting it to be silent and other little things like that. At the end of the day, it's a c-class with a big motor. So you may run into little nuances here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What are they asking for the CPO?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:46 PM

The Bus
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Cars are built well. Really dont have much to worry about with that year. You'll spend most on oil changes and rear tires which go quickly. Otherwise, it's like any other car you have had. Just do the maintenance that is at the intervals and voila, it'll last you as long as you want it.

There really isn't much out there that everyone is going to get a headache from. Some complain about creeks/squeaks coming from the dash expecting it to be silent and other little things like that. At the end of the day, it's a c-class with a big motor. So you may run into little nuances here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What are they asking for the CPO?
Thanks for the feedback! You can't avoid maintenance and tires on any car, although I understand it may chew rear tires a bit more frequently I am willing to make the sacrifice

I am not concerned by little rattles, squeaks, etc. I generally just want to know the car is going to start and drive when I need and gobble up the miles (I only drive once or twice a week but it's usually ends up being miles in big chunks).

They are asking $48k.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Check here also - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-stickies.html

That's a good price with that mileage for the CPO'd just from the details you provided. Pretty much PurpleHeartAMG covered it well. Driving in long chunks or having it as daily driver, you won't have problems.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM

The Bus
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Check here also - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-stickies.html

That's a good price with that mileage for the CPO'd just from the details you provided. Pretty much PurpleHeartAMG covered it well. Driving in long chunks or having it as daily driver, you won't have problems.
Thanks, INS1GNIA - I have definitely been through the FAQ a few times at this point, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!
Old 02-11-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
Seems to be a fair price for CPO.
Do you know what options are on the car? Should at least have keyless go and lighting package.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:21 PM

The Bus
Originally Posted by sriniAMG
Seems to be a fair price for CPO.
Do you know what options are on the car? Should at least have keyless go and lighting package.
Yes, appears to have keyless go, lighting package, multimedia package
Old 02-12-2016, 08:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
‘04 996 C4S, ‘18 GLC, ‘19 Alltrack
That's about what I paid for my '13. Keyless, lighting, media. Upgraded brakes (guy I got it from did those).

12k mi. for $47k. I'm happy.

TC
Old 02-12-2016, 10:27 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
Go for it man, CPO. Can't really go wrong with that.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by TurboRush
Thanks, INS1GNIA - I have definitely been through the FAQ a few times at this point, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!
Yes, appears to have keyless go, lighting package, multimedia package
I hear ya, those are great options to have also at that price. Jump on it, get it checked out at another MB dealer even just to be extra safe.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:33 PM

The Bus
Went and saw and drove the car yesterday - exterior looked fine, the center caps had brake dust on them that the detailer obviously couldn't get out and the brakes looked a bit rustier than I would have expected, but the wheels were clean - makes me think that the car might have been a bit unloved on the exterior by the original owner (as mentioned in original post it looks like all maint was done in a timely manner and no other dealership trips). Also makes me think they might have replaced the wheels but kept the old center caps for some reason? Either way, center caps are replaceable.

Interior was minty mint, zero signs of wear - almost like the original owner got in and out of it once. Car drove perfect, no weird noises, straight, smooth, powerful, no weird smells.

Only reason I did not pull the trigger on it yesterday is a friend of a friend works at another Benz dealer and mentioned they had a 2013 C63 inbound on a trade. He didn't have details on it immediately but I want to at least hear the specs in the event it's a preferable color combo (black/mica is not my first choice) or has any other options.

Either way, I am hoping to close a deal on one of these this week.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
i have a silver over black sedan if interested. 2013. 27,700 miles. no p31. pm me if interested.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I also have a '13 you can pm me about if interested.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...3-c63-amg.html
Old 02-15-2016, 10:55 AM

The Bus
Thanks for the offer guys and car looks great, PurpleHeart!

I ended up striking a deal over the phone yesterday and gave them a deposit. Hopefully it'll come home with me later this week.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^Nice, new member to the family. Pics when you pick it up!
Old 02-15-2016, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the offer guys and car looks great, PurpleHeart!

I ended up striking a deal over the phone yesterday and gave them a deposit. Hopefully it'll come home with me later this week.
So you went with the first one or the trade coming to your friend's dealership?

Congrats, I love mine!

TC
Old 02-15-2016, 01:23 PM

The Bus
Originally Posted by AA717driver
So you went with the first one or the trade coming to your friend's dealership?

Congrats, I love mine!

TC
The first one I originally posted about.

The one coming in on trade at the friends dealership was overpriced, had more miles, and no additional options to justify it (friend doesn't work in sales or have any actual leverage to work price). Carfax also had a few too many "repaired wheels and tires" and "checked electrical" system for me (whether you put stock in that or not, it was enough for me to not even pursue actual service records or the car)...

Either way, I am really looking forward to it - I've been shopping for a car for 6+ months now (I sold all my cars, moved across the country and live in the city so I walk everywhere on a day to day basis or hop public transit so I had no urgency). I've sat in and driven so many cars where I've instantly thought, "nope" or "this is nice and all, but... " - (F80 M3, e90 M3, F10 M5 Lexus RC, GS, etc) - this has been the first one where I instantly felt good behind the wheel.

Last edited by TurboRush; 02-15-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:52 PM

Before my C63 dropped in my lap, I was looking at a CPO C350 sport in Chicago. A friend pulled the carfax and it was the same--several repeat electrical and tire/wheel replacement issues.

No thanks. Anyway, I could feel my pen!$ shriveling at the prospect of being without a performance car.

Congrats on the acquisition!

TC