Need rec on paint body shop in houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Need rec on paint body shop in houston

I managed to have one of my motorbikes fall over in the shop on my 507 Matt finish car... Which made me sick to my stomache. But I'm over it, and it'll be a good time to freshen up the paint, which has some faded Ada sticker images and some rock chips from hou hi way rock hauling trucks year around it seems.

Lmk if you can rec a good shop for a repainted same color matte silver in Houston.

I'm guessing 4-6k same color, but will get comp quotes to verify.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
I've been happy with a local shop but I don't have any experience with matte finish. I'll ask around. What part of town?
Think one of the dealers might be able to suggest someone?
Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
:'(, very sad to hear betrezra. Post a pic of the scrape/damage?
Old 10-12-2016, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I got a quote from: River Oaks Paint/body. Looking for more comp quotes to compare.

I've got the gloss black side stripes coming from a forum member.... will see if I like the add'l contrast VS the stock dk grey.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 507
Originally Posted by betrezra
I managed to have one of my motorbikes fall over in the shop on my 507 Matt finish car... Which made me sick to my stomache. But I'm over it, and it'll be a good time to freshen up the paint, which has some faded Ada sticker images and some rock chips from hou hi way rock hauling trucks year around it seems.

Lmk if you can rec a good shop for a repainted same color matte silver in Houston.

I'm guessing 4-6k same color, but will get comp quotes to verify.

Hey Betrezra -- Mine is also the matte platinum and I've had very good experience with River Oaks Paint & Body (on Kirby), and Caliber Collision.

Those are the two shops to which Mercedes B of Sugar Land refers its customers, and I would recommend both.

Caliber repainted my bumper a couple of years ago (almost right after I bought the car), and matched the matte perfectly.

River Oaks P&B painted a new hood and front bumper after that ridiculous incident I had with the tech who crashed my car and re-painted the rear bumper again as a throw-in after someone scraped it in a parking spot. The match looks really good, and they guaranteed their work for the life of the car at least while I own it.

Both of these shops will treat you well.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Darn....sorry to hear man. Hate when crap like that happens. I hope it didn't ruin your love for the car.

She will be back to new in no time...
Old 10-12-2016, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
507 - Yup I awarded work to River Oak P&B. Had a bently and e class under the knife when I walked through today... so I should be in good hands.

I'm having some other stuff sorted while under the knife:
1 - replace the fogs.. they are both cracked (damn houston gravel trucks)
2 - replace the psgr side valence panel.... stocker is cracked.
3 - install my new side 507 stripes.

I'll post up pics when she's done. should look like a stock 507
Killed me to see the damage "I" had done! ah..... a 120lb bike really scratched the hell out of her.

thx for the support gents.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 507
^^ Yeah River Oaks P&B will take treat you right - there's a guy there, can't think of his name at the moment, who is the point of contact with Mercedes of Sugar Land. Try to get him in the loop if he's not already, he makes sure his Mercedes customers are taken care of.

And seriously, what's with all the Houston gravel trucks, it's like an obstacle course.

Interested in seeing you post your pics when it's all done, especially for the side stipe decals -- I'm still waiting on a set I ordered online....

Sucks your bike hit the car, but you'll get it looking right --