Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info) >

BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info)

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info)

 
Old 11-16-2016, 10:49 PM
  #151  
Senior Member
 
oggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 347
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic & 2010 Audi Q5 & 2015 C63 507
Can we get an official statement on the behavior from Eurocharged as to why this is happening? Would there be a V6.1 version to correct this?

Originally Posted by MTV10 View Post
Well guys, back to V5 for me.
Even with the updated V6 file, lifting at 4500rpm today, the tach bounced around a few hundred rpm and the car bucked back and forth. That and I had two hard starts this week and what felt like misfires for the first 10 seconds after I drove away....

I also didn't like that my cold starts got less aggressive (I did not request cold start delete)
oggie is offline  
The following users liked this post: oggie
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 11:10 PM
  #152  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kamloops BC
Posts: 155
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2013 Ram 2500 Limited 2013 Harley CVO Road Glide
Anyone with headers try this V6 out?
Mine's running really well with V5, don't want to make trouble where there currently isn't any lol.

And like everyone else, I was promised free tune upgrades, whether new versions came out, or added things like headers along the way, when I purchased V4 3 years ago…

Yes, the $75 is nominal, but CHEEEESEY business practice. Think on second hand I may just stick with V5, unless there's something about the 6 version that's head and shoulders better...
GRam is offline  
The following users liked this post: GRam
MTV10 (11-18-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 12:08 AM
  #153  
Junior Member
 
harrislee1303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 52
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C63 BS
Loaded the first V6 file on my BS and had big flames come out of my car along with the jerkiness issue. Jerry responded quickly and gave me a new file to correct the jerkiness and car drives smooth now but I lost the flames at the same time. Really wish he can update the tune to make it smooth and throw in some flames on the downshift!
harrislee1303 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 12:08 AM
  #154  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 View Post
Thank you for that. My biggest issue so far is how so many of you were ok with being promised one thing and not getting it and actually willing to pay more. At least you explained why you are letting them slide but you are acknowledging that they messed up. Thats the key point that everyone has been missing. Whether you allow them leeway or not, the facts state that they promised one thing and decided to renege on that promise, yet so many people were jumping to their defense right away and basically calling out all the people who expected them to keep their word "cheapasses, whiners, etc" Whether you accept their line of reasoning or expect the product is up to you, i choose to hold them to their word.
I don't think its right, but I'm going to look past it, cos this is a one off thing.
There will be no v7, the motors out of production, yada yada yada. If this motor still was being produced and I thought there were a couple more versions coming then I would be feeling quite different.

I actually initially did feel quite different. TBH, back on Nov 2nd I started the complaint department in the Tiffs Birthday thread; a week before this thread even started. It got brought up there and I went off about it, but I was going away and didn't want to drop this big negative bomb on the whole thing then split, so I deleted it and replaced it with the guys. Figured I would see what developed. In the end, I figured for my own mental and emotional sanity I was just gonna let it slide. Ive been too damn intense on this site lately, and this was one way I could kick it DOWN a notch. For a change. PurpleHeartAMG has done that lately and is much more chill, and I want me some of that.

So I bought the update, didn't buy into my anger, and now Im enjoying the tune without carrying any grudges.
604 C63 is offline  
The following users liked this post: 604 C63
BLKROKT (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 12:08 AM
  #155  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
Exactly, that's why your opinion doesn't really matter on this issue. Pull your panties out your mouth (yes your mouth, because that's how far up your *** they are) and grab a beer and count to ten. This issue has already been addressed enough.
Originally Posted by akumadiavolo View Post
Cool, your opinion is equally as irrelevant. At least my head isn't so far up my *** I am willing to take it up the *** from a company that sells you something and refuses to provide it. You call me whiny, I call you weak and easy to roll over. To each their own. I just expect people to live up to their word, you don't seem to have that level of integrity or hold others to it.
Haha, you're still a little butthurt I see. The world with all these precious little snowflakes getting their personal space disrupted, it's too funny. As EC posted in a previous forum as well, this changed well over a year ago.

Yes I can understand why others are upset and no I am not taking EC's side either. But to get that upset over a small change like that and $75, not worth it. If they left the crappy first tune out there and offered no help, no replies, nothing, then the uproar would make more sense.
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
For all those that are talking about the free updates for life:
And please note that the [email protected] email no longer exists.

All emails should be sent directly to [email protected] unless stated otherwise. (:



-Tiff
INS1GNIA is offline  
The following users liked this post: INS1GNIA
BLKROKT (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 01:14 AM
  #156  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
I updated my original post as well.

The car drives and performs great. The burbles/pops were toned down some by Jerry and they are not annoying now and fit the car. The shifts are smooth and amazing. No more jerkiness.

I still feel like the v5 is more aggressive of a tune. The only thing I noticed with the v6 was the not as loud/aggressive downshifts or normal noise acceleration (not muffled, just not as loud). It probably has to do with the smoother shifting. That is just my preference and what I observed. Besides that, the tune is great and tons of people will like it. Thank you again Jerry and EC.


Does anyone else that has had the V5 and recently upgraded to the V6 feel the same way?

I'd be testing myself if I had a tune, but I've never driven a tuned C63, so I really don't know what I'm missing
AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 01:15 AM
  #157  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
I feel the 6 is every bit as aggressive as a 5. More so. I agree with the other comments, except I cant comment so much on the sound seeing as I dropped the update in late last night and then got my secondary cats deleted for straight pipes first thing this morning.
I usually try to avoid doing two things at once for this very reason, but that was just how timing worked out.

Last edited by 604 C63; 11-17-2016 at 01:18 AM.
604 C63 is offline  
The following users liked this post: 604 C63
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 08:05 AM
  #158  
evd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 55
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
09 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by 604 C63 View Post
I feel the 6 is every bit as aggressive as a 5. More so. I agree with the other comments, except I cant comment so much on the sound seeing as I dropped the update in late last night and then got my secondary cats deleted for straight pipes first thing this morning.
I usually try to avoid doing two things at once for this very reason, but that was just how timing worked out.
Agreed I don't think the sound or anything has changed..downshifts sound the same to me.
evd is offline  
The following users liked this post: evd
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 08:25 AM
  #159  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 51
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204
I had just uploaded the V6 onto the car tonight. Took it for a quick test drive and it's true that the jerkiness above 3k is quite annoying. Down shift is quite fun, it's just the lift off then foot an gas tends to feel like you are teaching you kids to drive manual for the first time.

I hope EC still sell the V5 as it was my original intended purchase.
SonnyAMG is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 08:35 AM
  #160  
Super Member
 
Dogtag114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 628
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by evd View Post
Agreed I don't think the sound or anything has changed..downshifts sound the same to me.
Agreed again... I only had the v5 for a month or so before the V6... again, if you have any issue, EC will fix it.

If you don't have a tune, get one. I feel after five years, I have a new car again.

If you have a v5 already, why rush... wait a few months while this gets sorted out and either pony up the marginal $ or not.

Last edited by Dogtag114; 11-17-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Dogtag114 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 10:38 AM
  #161  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
sales@eurocharged.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,742
Liked 114 Times in 78 Posts
C63S
We are not dodging the issue and we certainly don't want to upset anyone. I can give you a little history on the "Free reflashes for LIFE" or as you so claim.

All our customers who purchased tunes from us before 2013 and have their receipt, are entitled to the "FREE Reflashes for LIFE". We stopped marketing it as such 4 years ago. We are still honoring this for those customers who bought it before then. Now, keep in mind, that those reflashes are specific to their current software version. We will make changes to their file to accommodate new modifications to keep their car safe and running correctly.

From 1/1/2013 to 1/1/2016, we offered free reflashes for customers who lost their software due to dealer updates. We also chose not to charge customers who asked for a new file because of modification changes during this time. I have personally told about 100+ of you that we no longer have a FREE Retunes for Life policy. I can provide links to 2013 posts for those of you who still don't understand.

Starting January 1st, 2016 there are no more free reflashes/retunes at all (except for previous customers that have their receipt with the FREE Reflashes for LIFE stated on it).

If you have an email or any other written form showing that someone from my company misrepresented the product and offered free retunes for life, send it to me and we will make sure you get squared away. I got an email from a customer who purchased through a dealer in 2015 and was told he would get reflashes for free for as long as he owned the car. I grandfathered him in and provided his upgrade free of charge....even though he no longer has his 2009 and now owns a 2012 model. Hell, shoot me an email even if you are so distraught over the $75 fee. Let's work together and make these cars faster.

Most the emails we receive about this issue are from customers who purchased in 2016 and are upset that we no longer offer the free retunes or upgrades.

I'm sorry that some of you are upset over the issue. Email me directly and we can discuss it further if you wish. I have only charged about 30 customers since 1/1/2016 and I've done 500+ reflashes. Please remember that I started Eurocharged on this forum, as a forum member. You can dig back to 2007 and find my posts when I was just a fellow member.

Again, sorry for any confusion. Email me so we can discuss this further and I will handle each person on a case by case basis.

Thanks!

Jerry Thornton
sales@eurocharged.com is online now  
The following 15 users liked this post by [email protected]:
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016), 604 C63 (11-17-2016), akmatic63 (11-18-2016), biglebowski (11-17-2016), BLKROKT (11-17-2016), chrisridebike8 (11-17-2016), EDDIE12 (11-18-2016), INS1GNIA (11-17-2016), lionheart_ (11-17-2016), loungn14 (11-17-2016), mcsvt (11-17-2016), Sidv22 (11-18-2016), sirius9 (11-17-2016), SuperFastYo (11-17-2016), thesaintusa (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 10:41 AM
  #162  
Super Member
 
SuperFastYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 697
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
^
Hopefully that clears some things up. Or will just burn the fire hotter.... Never know with this forum lol
SuperFastYo is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 11:02 AM
  #163  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hampshire, Great Britain
Posts: 141
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
Well said Jerry! You da Man!!!

However, I will let the dust settle a bit before deciding whether to swap my V5 to V6...
Am currently VERY HAPPY with the V5 map on mine. Loving the downshift blips, pops and bangs... love the COLD start and also it pulls better than a train!!!

Thanks Eurocharged!
sirius9 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 11:15 AM
  #164  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
This morning really clarified my position here for me, tho at first it didn't. I read Jerry's post and out of curiosity went back to see what it said on my original receipt. During the search for that, I found this email from when I was thinking of trading in and 'transferring' to my new car.




It pretty clearly shows that when I put it in the new car I was getting a new tune, and that there were no free re-flashes for life. No point in discussions about if thats right or blah blah blah. Prior to payment for that move, I knew what the conditions were, and that they had changed. I accepted that, and I ponied up. I may have been an earlier buyer, but that ceased to be the case when I got a new tune for a new car. Have any opinion you want on that aspect, but Im ok with that cos I obviously knew what I was getting into, no matter how I may have "misremembered it" as my son likes to say. It was my choice to make, and make it I did.

EDIT: And thank god I didnt get all huffy about it, cos I would have been wrong and a dick, and I think Jerry and his team deserve better.
They've earned that cos they have certainly treated me better than that over the years, an example of that is how their charge to me on tuning that new car was only about $150. I believe (I could be mistaken) that because of proprietary software involved there is a royalty or cut that must be paid to a third party with each tune they do, and I suspect thats where that $150 went and EC did it NC

Last edited by 604 C63; 11-17-2016 at 11:26 AM.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 12:46 PM
  #165  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SaphGreyC63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,608
Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We are not dodging the issue and we certainly don't want to upset anyone. I can give you a little history on the "Free reflashes for LIFE" or as you so claim.

All our customers who purchased tunes from us before 2013 and have their receipt, are entitled to the "FREE Reflashes for LIFE". We stopped marketing it as such 4 years ago. We are still honoring this for those customers who bought it before then. Now, keep in mind, that those reflashes are specific to their current software version. We will make changes to their file to accommodate new modifications to keep their car safe and running correctly.

From 1/1/2013 to 1/1/2016, we offered free reflashes for customers who lost their software due to dealer updates. We also chose not to charge customers who asked for a new file because of modification changes during this time. I have personally told about 100+ of you that we no longer have a FREE Retunes for Life policy. I can provide links to 2013 posts for those of you who still don't understand.

Starting January 1st, 2016 there are no more free reflashes/retunes at all (except for previous customers that have their receipt with the FREE Reflashes for LIFE stated on it).

If you have an email or any other written form showing that someone from my company misrepresented the product and offered free retunes for life, send it to me and we will make sure you get squared away. I got an email from a customer who purchased through a dealer in 2015 and was told he would get reflashes for free for as long as he owned the car. I grandfathered him in and provided his upgrade free of charge....even though he no longer has his 2009 and now owns a 2012 model. Hell, shoot me an email even if you are so distraught over the $75 fee. Let's work together and make these cars faster.

Most the emails we receive about this issue are from customers who purchased in 2016 and are upset that we no longer offer the free retunes or upgrades.

I'm sorry that some of you are upset over the issue. Email me directly and we can discuss it further if you wish. I have only charged about 30 customers since 1/1/2016 and I've done 500+ reflashes. Please remember that I started Eurocharged on this forum, as a forum member. You can dig back to 2007 and find my posts when I was just a fellow member.

Again, sorry for any confusion. Email me so we can discuss this further and I will handle each person on a case by case basis.

Thanks!

Jerry Thornton
Thank you for this Jerry, I will be contacting you soon (mainly because I am having an issue with the handheld refusing to put my stock file back on)
SaphGreyC63 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 11:07 PM
  #166  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 51
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Originally Posted by evd View Post
V6 Loaded, no burbles/pops till they figure that out

Cold start did sound different..felt like it went higher revs for the first 5-10 seconds
There is a little more pull top end too, and power delivery seems smoother up there as well.

Was only a quick blast around but I'm happy.

I can confirm that this similar to mine. EC sent a fix V6 tune last night and I ran it on the car this morning.
Car is much smoother now. If I have time next week I'll put it on the dyno to see the results.

All in all thanks EC.
SonnyAMG is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 03:11 PM
  #167  
Junior Member
 
///RAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: mexico
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63
I received my file tuned with V6 version.

Can anyone tell me how to load into my Genius Device?

Thanks...
///RAMS is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 03:18 PM
  #168  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
2015 E63s / 2013 Jeep Wrangler / 2004 Subaru STi / 1993 RX-7
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rged-tune.html

I learned that the MyGenius can hold multiple (I have 3 uploaded at this time) tunes, plus the 'original stock tune'.

It takes less than 5 minutes to upload to the car.

When I plugged the MyGenius into my PC and opened the software it automatically did an update from the FTP server. I was then able to just upload the file (v6 tune) that EC sent me.

When loading to the car, I just loaded the new v6 tune over the pre-existing v5 tune.

Last edited by thesaintusa; 11-18-2016 at 03:20 PM.
thesaintusa is offline  
The following users liked this post: thesaintusa
507OverBiturbo (11-20-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 03:53 PM
  #169  
Super Member
 
Dogtag114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 628
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
2009 c63
...and don't be afraid of all the crazy warnings and sounds ... "SOS... car inoperable"... the cooling fan running alone at full speed during the final ECU write step... etc.

Or does this just happen to me?
Dogtag114 is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 03:59 PM
  #170  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,629
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Dogtag114 View Post
...and don't be afraid of all the crazy warnings and sounds ... "SOS... car inoperable"... the cooling fan running alone at full speed during the final ECU write step... etc.

Or does this just happen to me?
All normal
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 04:25 PM
  #171  
Junior Member
 
///RAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: mexico
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by thesaintusa View Post
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rged-tune.html

I learned that the MyGenius can hold multiple (I have 3 uploaded at this time) tunes, plus the 'original stock tune'.

It takes less than 5 minutes to upload to the car.

When I plugged the MyGenius into my PC and opened the software it automatically did an update from the FTP server. I was then able to just upload the file (v6 tune) that EC sent me.

When loading to the car, I just loaded the new v6 tune over the pre-existing v5 tune.
Thanks. I need to read the "how to" again...

///RAMS is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 04:54 PM
  #172  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 183
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
Installed the V6 tune a couple of days back. Jerry sent me an updated file with no burbles and stock rpm. Everything seems to be normal. As others have mentioned, you will not feel any big power increase.
The throttle response is better and overall the car is so smooth now. Almost all of the jerkiness has been smoothed out.
sriniAMG is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 04:41 AM
  #173  
Member
 
Cozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 184
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
C63
So forgetting all the discussion about burbles, jerkiness and that, I have a new question...

I'm installing headers soon and will need to update my V5 to include these. If I purchase V6 now on my stock car, do I again have to pay to update the V6 when I install headers? What I'm asking I guess is, should I wait until I've installed headers before buying V6?
Cozy is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:35 PM
  #174  
Member
 
c32_amg_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 161
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
So forgetting all the discussion about burbles, jerkiness and that, I have a new question...

I'm installing headers soon and will need to update my V5 to include these. If I purchase V6 now on my stock car, do I again have to pay to update the V6 when I install headers? What I'm asking I guess is, should I wait until I've installed headers before buying V6?
When did you buy your V5 tune? To retune to the V6 I think it's $75 USD. I paid $113 CDN for the updated tune. It's really up to you if you want to install the headers first. The V6 has the option of deleting the cold start so it won't be as loud for your neighbours.
c32_amg_79 is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:38 PM
  #175  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,629
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by c32_amg_79 View Post
When did you buy your V5 tune? To retune to the V6 I think it's $75 USD. I paid $113 CDN for the updated tune. It's really up to you if you want to install the headers first. The V6 has the option of deleting the cold start so it won't be as loud for your neighbours.
That's what hes asking. Will he have to pay twice? Or can he enjoy the V6 while he has stock exhaust?
chrisridebike8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: