E85 fuel in an AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 02:40 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63/ 2015 C63 507 coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
link?
I don't have a link but call Adam at Eurocharged Austin he can get you squared away the Austin location is the one that developed it and are who quoted me at 2k for the module. And also explained how it works and I must admit I'm intrigued and I fully agree with your statement above.

Last edited by Asher4799; 11-26-2016 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Spelling lol
Old 11-26-2016, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Asher4799
I don't have a link but call Adam at Eurocharged Austin he can get you squared away the Austin location is the one that developed it and are who quoted me at 2k for the module.
Edited last post but will just comment here that EC could use a little refresh. I mean, they have the black Friday tune special in the c63 section but other bits still mention the v4 and the entire website has no mention of e85 according to the search feature.

Is the module the only hardware involved?
Old 11-26-2016, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Ohhhh... I just found out where AMGonFire set himself on fire... in the priceless musings of a newbie at Eurocharged TX at https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ishlist-7.html. The assumptions are freakin' hillarious... "MB makes a C300 for the Brazil market, therefore all W204s everywhere must be E85 compatible...", "E85 is not really 85% ethanol... it is 50% or whatever-the-hell-it-suits-us to-be" and a friend who sent him a pic of the sticker on a gas station that reads "consult the manufacturer for use of gasoline mixed with ethanol on mid-1980 and older vehicles"... therefore the M156 must be fine to run on ethanol. What a freakin' joke - and you're asking me for proof? This is a dude at the same shop that made 30 hp with the intake spacers. Yeah... credibility-r-us!

I'm off to make real use of some ethanol - by consuming it in a finely distilled beverage (and while I don't drink gasoline, I'll make sure to consume at least 30% more... the real question is whther it will pour out of the bottle at a sufficinetly high rate. To AMGonFire and everyone else that drank the Koolaid - enjoy the massive power gains on your C63 with your E85 kit! Annd make sure to add intake spacers for even more powaaaaaaaah!!!
Old 11-26-2016, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Ohhhh... I just found out where AMGonFire set himself on fire... in the priceless musings of a newbie at Eurocharged TX at https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ishlist-7.html. The assumptions are freakin' hillarious... "MB makes a C300 for the Brazil market, therefore all W204s everywhere must be E85 compatible...", "E85 is not really 85% ethanol... it is 50% or whatever-the-hell-it-suits-us to-be" and a friend who sent him a pic of the sticker on a gas station that reads "consult the manufacturer for use of gasoline mixed with ethanol on mid-1980 and older vehicles"... therefore the M156 must be fine to run on ethanol. What a freakin' joke - and you're asking me for proof? This is a dude at the same shop that made 30 hp with the intake spacers. Yeah... credibility-r-us!

I'm off to make real use of some ethanol - by consuming it in a finely distilled beverage (and while I don't drink gasoline, I'll make sure to consume at least 30% more... the real question is whther it will pour out of the bottle at a sufficinetly high rate. To AMGonFire and everyone else that drank the Koolaid - enjoy the massive power gains on your C63 with your E85 kit! Annd make sure to add intake spacers for even more powaaaaaaaah!!!
again no idea what you are talking about. Those quotes are not from me. I am far from a noob. Your defensive insultive response tells me everything you have said has come out of your rear end with no merit thanks for that proof I figured so
Old 11-26-2016, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=PurpleHeartAMG;6979086]Never said our motor wouldn't be fine. It's the fuel system. Like I said, if anything, it'll actually clean things up a bit from burning better (cleaner). But corn fed cars do suffer from sediment build up within the fuel system which is where the problems come

Also -- Go look at all those other platforms doing fine with it and you'll likely notice those platforms either start with turbo's and/or direct injection. By now you know the c63 is neither. You keep asking why the c63 can't do it and it is because it wasn't built to do so.

You keep taking random things I said on this post. I was not specifically speaking to you. Other people on here I was responding to. I am aware of the cleaning effects of e85 but I have not seen anyone with gunk buildup on injectors not saying it doesn't happen just kinda goes against the whole cleaning aspect. I have seen e85 with direct injection and it doesn't fair as well in those it does gunks up the pump. Not sure if it's the type of delivery that causes it. Also none of the cars that currently run e85 where designed to run that either. It's the same. To me if it truly gets the gain eurocharged says 2k for 30 wheel not bad in my book. I'm not paying for install I can do all work on my car. I know they produced it they can say it makes 80 wherl and chumps like me will be like really lol I'm skeptical just think it's a cool idea
Old 11-26-2016, 11:22 AM

Edited last post but will just comment here that EC could use a little refresh. I mean, they have the black Friday tune special in the c63 section but other bits still mention the v4 and the entire website has no mention of e85 according to the search feature.

Is the module the only hardware involved?
Honesty I'm not sure what's included in the package and yes the EC site need a bit of updating to say the least.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
again no idea what you are talking about. Those quotes are not from me. I am far from a noob. Your defensive insultive response tells me everything you have said has come out of your rear end with no merit thanks for that proof I figured so
Buddy - I am not talking about you... I am referring to DavesMeanE's posts in the thread I linked above where you get your information that you're regurgitating here. Reading comprehension 101. I have no basis to form an opinion about whether your posts are dumb or not, as you simply don't take the time to read and process what the rest of us are saying. You read the first four words in a sentence, rearrange them as you wish, and fire back based on this partial information. Yeah, I know... I do sound like a broken record. It's now skiping on the groove that says "read the posts before you decide to fire off another round."
Old 11-26-2016, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
You keep taking random things I said on this post. I was not specifically speaking to you. Other people on here I was responding to. I am aware of the cleaning effects of e85 but I have not seen anyone with gunk buildup on injectors not saying it doesn't happen just kinda goes against the whole cleaning aspect. I have seen e85 with direct injection and it doesn't fair as well in those it does gunks up the pump. Not sure if it's the type of delivery that causes it. Also none of the cars that currently run e85 where designed to run that either. It's the same. To me if it truly gets the gain eurocharged says 2k for 30 wheel not bad in my book. I'm not paying for install I can do all work on my car. I know they produced it they can say it makes 80 wherl and chumps like me will be like really lol I'm skeptical just think it's a cool idea
When I quote bits it's so you know what I'm responding to, but I read it all and take it all in.

Anyway, it's not like e85 is scrubbing bubbles and cleaning it's way through. It just burns better which causes less build up beyond the injector. Just separate motor and fuel system in your mind as two separate things. From tank to injection site and injection site and on. While the injector may be gummed up I bet the manifold on looks good. And that was just an example from a different car (I believe evo) which is a relatively simple and inexpensive car to get e85 running in and that guy was having all kinds of issues.

He was also trying to squeeze every last bit of power out of his car which is what people would be doing here adding in e85.

e85 actually works great in direction injection cars. As I said, I ran it in mine and never had any issues. I didn't even have an issue with the HPFP that a lot of bmw's suffer from.

Nobody is going to sit here and stop you, either. Just caution there is a lot more that goes into it than a simple module in order to truly be worth it on this platform and that's all I can say about it. If you end up having a go be sure to report back. Willing to bet even if you did it yourself the cost will exceed $2k and not by a little. Again, I'm not against e85, I just don't think it is smart to do on this car especially as an add on to cars running just a tune/intake. Money can be spent much more wisely to get gains.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Honesty I'm not sure what's included in the package and yes the EC site need a bit of updating to say the least.
Cool, thanks. I was basically just going down the road to see if EC swaps out rails or injectors along with the module. Or if they are basically just selling a flex fuel module and a more aggressive tune catered to higher octane.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:37 PM

Cool, thanks. I was basically just going down the road to see if EC swaps out rails or injectors along with the module. Or if they are basically just selling a flex fuel module and a more aggressive tune catered to higher octane.
my guess is there has to be something more than just a module like you said new bigger rail or something that adds the extra fuel needed. If I was going to run E85 I would do a bigger tank pump and something like a 6an line to to the motor with bigger injectors rail etc. but that still brings massive cost into the equation. So I guess if I was going for 8 second passes in the 1/4 then ok,a good reference would be JRCART I'm pretty sure he runs E85 in his CLK black series
Old 11-26-2016, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
my guess is there has to be something more than just a module like you said new bigger rail or something that adds the extra fuel needed. If I was going to run E85 I would do a bigger tank pump and something like a 6an line to to the motor with bigger injectors rail etc. but that still brings massive cost into the equation. So I guess if I was going for 8 second passes in the 1/4 then ok,a good reference would be JRCART I'm pretty sure he runs E85 in his CLK black series
JR could also buy 5 c63's for what he has put into that car.

I bet EC uses Weistec's fuel rail or something like it.

But yeah, we've really said what can be said on this. Cheers
Old 11-26-2016, 03:25 PM

JR could also buy 5 c63's for what he has put into that car.

I bet EC uses Weistec's fuel rail or something like it.

But yeah, we've really said what can be said on this. Cheers
I agree cheers to you too!
Old 11-26-2016, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Agreed enough said thanks for the input all
Old 06-25-2017, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by compaddict
Lots of really wrong information here.
And it's getting worse, not better.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Man - I just browsed through this thread again, and forgot how absolutely wrong **Diabolis** is... I hope nobody listens to anything that guy is vomiting...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Far as I understand - That fastest C63's out there are all running the flex kit. There's also some fellas out in Australia running very fast on Ethanol. This isn't the 80's... There is literally no better fuel option for making more power, increasing reliability, and keeping your oil temps down.

Thanks

Dave
Old 06-25-2017, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Man - I just browsed through this thread again, and forgot how absolutely wrong **Diabolis** is... I hope nobody listens to anything that guy is vomiting...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Far as I understand - That fastest C63's out there are all running the flex kit. There's also some fellas out in Australia running very fast on Ethanol. This isn't the 80's... There is literally no better fuel option for making more power, increasing reliability, and keeping your oil temps down.

Thanks

Dave
Thats what I'm saying! Diabolis 🙄. First hand bases the e85 kits rocks hitting the track Tuesday. Thanks Dave for great customer service and a great kit!

Last edited by AMGonFire; 06-25-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe
Regardless of anyone being wrong, I hate seeing these threads... because there isn't commercially availabile E85 in Hawaii. All across platforms, I've been reading about great results from properly built flex kits and the exaggeration of fuel system failures. Im glad to see it working out for guys with the m156 platform. Now we just need to add a couple bars of boost to the equation.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by BadCompany
Regardless of anyone being wrong, I hate seeing these threads... because there isn't commercially availabile E85 in Hawaii. All across platforms, I've been reading about great results from properly built flex kits and the exaggeration of fuel system failures. Im glad to see it working out for guys with the m156 platform. Now we just need to add a couple bars of boost to the equation.
That's a FACT! Loves the boosts!

Just go in with your best buds and order some drums from you VP/Ignite rep

Thanks

Dave
Old 06-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Thats what I'm saying! Diabolis 🙄. First hand bases the e85 kits rocks hitting the track Tuesday. Thanks Dave for great customer service and a great kit!
Sure thing!

I can almost feel the trolls coming... it's going to be a "who's-who" of the M156 TrollGang.

I hope i'm wrong...

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-25-2017, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
You know that's funny Dave. What's even funnier is this math - bear with me a second.

I'm just going to use some junk numbers from memory here, so don't quote me on any of this. It's just for demonstration purposes.

I've been trying to reconcile the data above from Diabolis and other sources that show E85 not having much of an effect on high compression ratio high hp NA engines like ours, with what Dave's showing us here. I mean, I have a "100 Octane" map already, and given the miles I drive don't mind filling with it when needed. I know for a fact that stuff is not going to harm my engine a bit or cause any other unwanted side effects like deposits or decreased range, or cost me $2k in hardware to do.

So Dave rolls out an E85 kit that magically gives ~50whp more than their V6 tune.
Then just a month or two later, he rolls out a magic Unicorn tune that gives ~40whp over their V6.
Well that timing strikes me as..... interesting.

I'm sitting here wondering if the major "E85 gains" here are a result of whatever sorcery EC is doing on the intake side to get the big gains on their new tune, rather than the E85 itself. Or is it any more than just a simple "Race Gas Tune" which I have already and it's working just fine without ****ing up my fuel system. Want the same gain, just get a "Race Map Tune" and fill up with some. Presto, I saved everyone $2k. Why anyone on a non-FI C63 would run this stuff over just good-old race gas is beyond me.

Maybe I'm just bored. Maybe I'll have another think about it this afternoon - I still have some reading left. Either way, there's zero chance I'd run E85, if only because I don't feel like trailering my fuel along with me wherever I go. Plus if I already run race gas (which is demonstrably better in all the ways that are important to me), and have my car cooled the proper way with coolers already, then there's just zero point for me. Unless I'm curious to see first-hand what the long-term effects are of using E85 in a system not designed for it (i.e. C-class Brazil "flex fuel" cars are designed differently in order to use it). That sounds like a lot of fun.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 06-25-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
I'm not sure I even know where to begin...

I guess I'll start by having you putting on your "100oct" tune, and filling up with E85. Report back how that works for you!! LOL

Those with little understanding like to poke fun and throw out wild hot air....

The E85 system and the "unicorn" tune are two completely different things. We sell kits to operate on anyone's tune. Or NO tune for that matter. Ethanol will pick up power on a bone stock car. Just because it's better. Add a little timing and it gets even more amazing.

Unicorn tune is a revision, as we are always developing things. It works on E85 cars, or gas cars the same way.

E85 gains are more than anything a function of percentage. It's simple. The more power you have - the more power you'll get by simply switching to E85. If you want to run faster and cooler at the track, you would use it. Simple as that.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-26-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 P31
BLKROKT is probably fun at parties.

E85 kits are developed for a large majority of cars. We use it in Autocross when we can because it burns a lot cooler than traditional fuel. The BRZ guys love the stuff. It's proven for YEARS that it makes WAY more power, even in NA applications. It's especially useful in high compression engines where more advanced timing can be utilized, and the AKI of Corn is superb for the price.

Stop being a douche and enjoy the development that continues to happen for our cars. You may be happy shelling $7/gal for 110, but I'd rather pay $2.50/gal for 115 and run a lot cooler.

​​​
Old 06-26-2017, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I go through over 50gal of fuel on a typical 2-day track weekend. It would be 1.5x as much in E85 I guess.

Are you going to buy me a truck and trailer to carry all my fuel along with me? This isn't cute little 30sec autocross runs champ. It's absurd to even consider.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 P31
If the reason for your aversion to E85 is strictly based on your personal fuel consumption at the track, I would suggest not making ridiculous speculations like previously stated, Chief. Even at 50% more fuel consumption, which you pulled out of your *** it's more like 30-35%, you're still spending much less money with equal or greater performance gains.

With oil coolers, you're removing heat more efficiently from the system. It still runs hot. With E85, you're not introducing the heat in the first place. Makes sense to me. But what do I know, I just drive around parking lots.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
Not saying anything but this was in a pinging thread...

Originally Posted by Sundown
having same problem here, tried multiple different tunes from EC and a few others I have with hptuners. This problem didn’t start until I installed eflexfuel kit and injectors.(about 50 miles later) Noise is same level on e85, 93, and 110. Next step is to pull plugs and go from there. (Waiting on injector pigtails to bypass the flexfuel)

​​​​​​​...... FIGHT!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E85 fuel in an AMG?