Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
OP, was there a final solution?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by Schulminator
OP, was there a final solution?
Ya. Found out I had several vaccum leaks. Changed new filters to intake gasket. Was really dissapointed when I found my gaskets just fine. However as we tried putting back the Intake manifold we noticed one of the vaccum lines was being crushed underneath the manifold. We replaced it and as we were putting the airbox back together we also noticed bank 1 of the Y intake tube wasn't seated properly and the metal brace was out of line. After all those fixes the car just feels better, more powerful, breathes normally. However, where I go to dyno has been real busy recently so I can't bring actual data to ease any more of my doubts. When I do I'll repost here!
Old 09-12-2017, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by JQuala
Ya. Found out I had several vaccum leaks. Changed new filters to intake gasket. Was really dissapointed when I found my gaskets just fine. However as we tried putting back the Intake manifold we noticed one of the vaccum lines was being crushed underneath the manifold. We replaced it and as we were putting the airbox back together we also noticed bank 1 of the Y intake tube wasn't seated properly and the metal brace was out of line. After all those fixes the car just feels better, more powerful, breathes normally. However, where I go to dyno has been real busy recently so I can't bring actual data to ease any more of my doubts. When I do I'll repost here!

Could you please let me know what your vacuum reading is at idle?

Like, let the car idle for a minute on its own and let it settle to whatever it wants to settle to and then please let me know:
Vacuum
Maf
Load

I'm curious
Old 09-12-2017, 05:06 AM

2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
Could you please let me know what your vacuum reading is at idle?

Like, let the car idle for a minute on its own and let it settle to whatever it wants to settle to and then please let me know:
Vacuum
Maf
Load

I'm curious
Off the top of my head -9 psi and my map is 12-13 inhg. I'll give you an exact number tmrw it's 2 am here in socal
Old 09-12-2017, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 - E63 AMG
Off the top of my head -9 psi and my map is 12-13 inhg. I'll give you an exact number tmrw it's 2 am here in socal
Oh wow really? If that's correct, then your vac leak woes are not over

I'm guessing the -9 is your ignition timing.

Does your car have a heavy, loud chuggy idle when you stand behind the car?

Ask me how I know.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Oh wow really? If that's correct, then your vac leak woes are not over

I'm guessing the -9 is your ignition timing.

Does your car have a heavy, loud chuggy idle when you stand behind the car?

Ask me how I know.
Gulp I changed the o2s, relocated cats, changed all the hoes! All the HOES....etc you know the rest bahaha

-9psi to -10psi is my vaccum/boost according to dashcommand. 12-13 inhg for at idle is my map. I'll give post a video of it idling later when I get all the accurate numbers but it sounds healthy? Like what a lth with an H pipe idling I always thought I was literally hearing the scavenging pulses of the exhaust after I cleaned up the plumbing

Btw, knock knock
"Whose there?"
How do you know?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 - E63 AMG
Gulp I changed the o2s, relocated cats, changed all the hoes! All the HOES....etc you know the rest bahaha

-9psi to -10psi is my vaccum/boost according to dashcommand. 12-13 inhg for at idle is my map. I'll give post a video of it idling later when I get all the accurate numbers but it sounds healthy? Like what a lth with an H pipe idling I always thought I was literally hearing the scavenging pulses of the exhaust after I cleaned up the plumbing
I think you might have the units the wrong way around btw....intake manifold pressure is in psi and the vacuum is in in/Hg but either way, if the vacuum is around 10 or 13, it's still far from great man. Also, yeah I'm not sure if the W204 is much louder, but a happy-running engine even with LTHs will sound very reasonable at idle when warm. If it sounds thumpy and loud, it's because the timing is overly retarded to compensate for the engine wanting to naturally raise the idle due to the extra incoming air.

Btw, knock knock
"Whose there?"
How do you know?
My 2017 has been one giant vacuum leak and these big TBs have been doing it to my life. For the moment I've reverted to oem ported TBs while I decide if I can be bothered to install the bigger ones again.

FWIW a good M156 will be around 22-24 in/Hg at idle when warm with MAF flow of 8-10g/s. Don't take it as the gospel, but that's approx what it should be at.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:38 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
I think you might have the units the wrong way around btw....intake manifold pressure is in psi and the vacuum is in in/Hg but either way, if the vacuum is around 10 or 13, it's still far from great man. Also, yeah I'm not sure if the W204 is much louder, but a happy-running engine even with LTHs will sound very reasonable at idle when warm. If it sounds thumpy and loud, it's because the timing is overly retarded to compensate for the engine wanting to naturally raise the idle due to the extra incoming air.

My 2017 has been one giant vacuum leak and these big TBs have been doing it to my life. For the moment I've reverted to oem ported TBs while I decide if I can be bothered to install the bigger ones again.

FWIW a good M156 will be around 22-24 in/Hg at idle when warm with MAF flow of 8-10g/s. Don't take it as the gospel, but that's approx what it should be at.
Says -10 boost, 13-15 inhg for map @37% load
Old 09-12-2017, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 - E63 AMG
Says -10 boost, 13-15 inhg for map @37% load
That's really strange...but i guess it is what it is...

What's your 02 sensor voltages? That load also seems high to me... if you're also seeing negative ignition timing at idle, you still have a leak bro
Old 09-12-2017, 06:14 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
That's really strange...but i guess it is what it is...

What's your 02 sensor voltages? That load also seems high to me... if you're also seeing negative ignition timing at idle, you still have a leak bro
I think it might be dashcommand that's off. My timing never goes to negative on idle for on gas. It does on deceleration. My app displays vaccum as vaccum/boost and that's a negative integer shown in psi. While my manifold absolute pressure is in inhg weird huh?
Old 09-13-2017, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 - E63 AMG
I think it might be dashcommand that's off. My timing never goes to negative on idle for on gas. It does on deceleration. My app displays vaccum as vaccum/boost and that's a negative integer shown in psi. While my manifold absolute pressure is in inhg weird huh?
Ahhh ok, fair play....hehe i can only go off what you tell me, which is what it tells you.

It's all good....keep us posted on your progress man. As a community, we don't share enough actual data to help others down the road, so I'm glad that you're doing this.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:43 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Good news everyone

Ahhh ok, fair play....hehe i can only go off what you tell me, which is what it tells you.

It's all good....keep us posted on your progress man. As a community, we don't share enough actual data to help others down the road, so I'm glad that you're doing this.
Good news! New dyno results!
Attached Thumbnails Superflower Dyno w/ v6 eurotune and mods-img_0818.png