Reflash back to stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63
Reflash back to stock?

Hi Folks,

My 2015 C63 Coupe (6.2L V8) will be going in for the "B" service next week. I have loaded a tune from OETuning. Should I reflash the computer back to stock before taking it in for the service? Is there a chance the dealer will overwrite the custom tune with the stock tune? Also, if I reflash it back to the stock tune can the dealer tell if my car had previously been flashed with a custom tune? TIA.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Flash the Eurocharged V7 tune on the car
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 02:07 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Infiniti
lol this...

but ya i would flash stock and then check your work order. If they touched the computer then send OE a new stock file and get a reflash. IDK what they charge for a reflash but its not much.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63
Originally Posted by Infiniti
Yes, thanks, I've heard about the V7 unicorn tune from Eurocharged (I think I also saw someone who got the V7 and was experiencing some detonation issues with V7 but that may have been an isolated issue. So, I'll consider that after the B service is completed but in the meantime I wanted some thoughts on the stock reflash before the service work and I'll think I'll play it safe and bring it to the dealer with the stock tune installed. I'm still curious, though, if the dealer will be able to tell if my car had previously been flashed with a custom tune. I know that some Ford dealers, for example, routinely check for custom flashes on Mustangs when they are in for service, especially if there is any warranty work being done. So, even if the stock tune has been reloaded into a Mustang the Ford dealer can easily see if the computer had ever been flashed with a non-Ford tune. Does anyone know if the MB dealers have the same ability and, if so, what has been the fall out from it. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by Paulcw1
Yes, thanks, I've heard about the V7 unicorn tune from Eurocharged (I think I also saw someone who got the V7 and was experiencing some detonation issues with V7 but that may have been an isolated issue. So, I'll consider that after the B service is completed but in the meantime I wanted some thoughts on the stock reflash before the service work and I'll think I'll play it safe and bring it to the dealer with the stock tune installed. I'm still curious, though, if the dealer will be able to tell if my car had previously been flashed with a custom tune. I know that some Ford dealers, for example, routinely check for custom flashes on Mustangs when they are in for service, especially if there is any warranty work being done. So, even if the stock tune has been reloaded into a Mustang the Ford dealer can easily see if the computer had ever been flashed with a non-Ford tune. Does anyone know if the MB dealers have the same ability and, if so, what has been the fall out from it. Thanks.
I wouldn't bother. I've been here several years, don't recall ever seeing any indication that dealers were checking for tunes. Probably not likely to arise as an issue unless the engine fails during warranty, and our motors just don't do that.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing (SOLD), 2009 SLK55 (SOLD), 2015 C7 Z06 7MT, 2016 C450amg
My understanding is yes, they can tell how many times the ECU has been written to. That’s from a non AMG tech telling me about it because their AMG tech is a dick about that stuff.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
They can tell, even if you flash back to stock. 99.9% of the time, they won't check or even care. Just don't be a douche to your techs and everything should be good lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by INS1GNIA:
ecmexchange (11-06-2017), Infiniti (11-03-2017)

Trending Topics

Old 11-04-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
They can tell, even if you flash back to stock. 99.9% of the time, they won't check or even care. Just don't be a douche to your techs and everything should be good lol.
this
Old 11-04-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
I just had my B service yesterday. Oil change, cabin filter changes, brake fluid change and multi point inspection are part of this service. Not sure why they would need access to your ECU, unless they find something needing attention. I don't have a tune and this is my first service through the dealership. I would normally go to my indy, but since I'm still under warranty, I figured why not let them go through the car more thoroughly. I had them check wheel bearings and motor mounts just because I have a former ADA car and a sister car to mine had the bearings replaced under warranty. Only takeaway from the inspection was a recommendation to replace my rear tires - i have about 6000 miles on them.

If you want to see my B service report, PM me and I'll send it to you
Old 11-04-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Yes, the dealer can tell it previously had a tune if they are looking for it. No need to flash but to stock.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:53 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Hi Folks,

My 2015 C63 Coupe (6.2L V8) will be going in for the "B" service next week. I have loaded a tune from OETuning. Should I reflash the computer back to stock before taking it in for the service? Is there a chance the dealer will overwrite the custom tune with the stock tune? Also, if I reflash it back to the stock tune can the dealer tell if my car had previously been flashed with a custom tune? TIA.
We always recommend flashing your stock tune back before service. In the event the sw version is updated, you will not have to RESET your devise.