First c63 delivered to the US

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
First c63 delivered to the US

Hey Everyone,

My first post to the forum and I'm looking for a specific C63.

I know the first 2008 W204 delivered to the US was delivered Houston, but I have no idea how to go about tracking it down. I'm a massive AMG enthusiast, and it would be the cornerstone of my pending collection. Does anyone know where it is, or the vin associated with it, or even just how to track the car down in general? I have no real rush on finding it, but it is something I would really like to find and purchase in the near future. All help is really appreciated!
Old 11-29-2017, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I have it. I’ll sell it to you for.....

The following users liked this post:
sinape62 (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Didn't it end up in Vancouver? Member "604 C63" can probably help you find it...

Old 11-29-2017, 01:13 PM

c63
Can I pay with monopoly money? It would probably cost me about $80k to buy enough games to have $1 million monopo dollars.

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I have it. I’ll sell it to you for.....

Old 11-29-2017, 02:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
C-Class owners are so funny...

why...you should be asking this question for the first CLK63BS as this is the first chassis to receive the M156 engine.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 11-29-2017, 02:35 PM

c63
That's really simple for me to answer. The C63 is the first car I ever fell in love with. It's also the first car I ever owned. I want the first one because I have a passion for that specific style of the car.

Also, if I was going to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a car - specifically on a Mercedes - I would get an SLS, not a CLK63BS.

Originally Posted by hachiroku
C-Class owners are so funny...

why...you should be asking this question for the first CLK63BS as this is the first chassis to receive the M156 engine.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Well this is interesting...
Old 11-29-2017, 03:04 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
so...you're going to buy an SLS?

i'd recommend the AMG GTS/R/C

Old 11-29-2017, 03:08 PM

c63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
so...you're going to buy an SLS?

i'd recommend the AMG GTS/R/C
Nope. The goal is to find the original C63 from 2008. Unless it's the crashed one in the photo above. In which case.... my dreams will have been dashed. I've also driven the GT and it wasn't for me.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
You need more hobbies
Old 11-29-2017, 03:27 PM

c63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
You need more hobbies
Probably.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
I think it would be in your interest to sit and think for a while.
What exactly are you looking for?
These cars come in in transport ships, probably a years worth of US allocation at the time.
So the C63 for US probably congregated at Affalterbach, possibly not in free air (although not guaranteed not to), for say a month or two, back in 2007. The arrangements for booking the ship and reserving the space for the cars were made, then tractor tralers came and took these to the ship, say in Hamburg. They all got loaded up and probably 4 weeks later they made the first stop on the East Coast. There many/all of them got unloaded and put in a closed park.

So you're looking for what?
-The first C63 to roll onto the tractor Trailer in Affalterbach? Probably nobody kept track
-The first C63 to roll onto the ship? nobody kept track
-The first C63 to roll off the ship? nobody kept track.

Now, at this point, the Dealers have their orders in with Mercedes and have booked the tractor trailers to bring the cars to their locations.
The tractor trailers get to the closed car park and start loading the cars.
Then they start driving to the Dealers. But the first one that leaves has to stop cause the driver really wants to eat a burger.

Conclusion up to here:
Still nobody kept track of which car rolled onto the tractor trailer first, nor is there a centralized time of arrival database, to show which tractor trailer arrived first at which dealer
Once at the dealers, they need to be prepped, nobody knows who was done first, which C63 was ready to be sold in a showroom? we don't know.

Now somebody buys and registers the car. The registration information is transmitted to the Bank, which owns the financed cars. Did somebody walk in with cash first? then that the bank won't know.
I am not entirely sure which commercial entity owns the cars prior to the dealer buying them. Obviously a subsidiary of the Factory. The first transaction that the car undergoes, is the dealer buying from that subsidiary.
Which dealer bought first? that information may be available from Mercedes, if they want to share it, but even if they bought first, they didn't necessarily find a customer first.
There are of course the people that walked in with cash months before and ordered the car with payment in full by example.
They may have been considered as the first ones to buy a car, so finding out who ordered first may seem like the way.
However, this doesn't mean that they were first to register and drive out.

Here are some additional complications. It's possible that the first cars to start driving would be the dealer demo cars. The procedure is very simple and once the car is at the dealer, the demos start to drive.
Who's demo drove first? We won't know.

Which C63 drove in US first? probably the factory development mules. These come with manufacturer plates and always end bad, meaning in a crash test.

Then there is the matter of the press cars. The process of how those get on the street is not well understood and they have a hard life obviously. It may be possible to single out which press car was the first. The thing with those is that sometimes they have a particular tune, because the manufacturer knows that the magazines are going to instrument test them.
Sometimes they do end up sold.
But it's not necessary that if a press car was relatively early on the road, it was delivered first. By the time the magazines are done with it, the other cars may very well start selling.

I just don't want you to walk into a dealership asking "do you have the first C63 delivered?' and them answering ".... I have it right here!..." It may even be somewhat true considering all of the above.

Oh and if you're looking for the first C63 to be completely assembled (it doesn't roll of the assembly line), it was probably not a US model, so you can't have it. Furthermore, I would not be surprised if AMG deems it an important car and keeps it.

If you're looking for the first US spec C63 completed, I would venture a guess that Mercedes of North America would know where it is and they may have it. It may never have been delivered or registered.
The best place to find out is on the Private Lounge chat session, in about 1.5 hours. I think they may answer this question.

Last edited by Vladds; 11-29-2017 at 07:26 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Vladds:
bhamg (11-29-2017), BLKROKT (11-29-2017), sarchib (11-30-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 08:09 PM

c63
If you had read through the post you should be able to infer that I'm looking for the first one delivered to a customer in the United States.

Originally Posted by Vladds
I think it would be in your interest to sit and think for a while.
What exactly are you looking for?
These cars come in in transport ships, probably a years worth of US allocation at the time.
So the C63 for US probably congregated at Affalterbach, possibly not in free air (although not guaranteed not to), for say a month or two, back in 2007. The arrangements for booking the ship and reserving the space for the cars were made, then tractor tralers came and took these to the ship, say in Hamburg. They all got loaded up and probably 4 weeks later they made the first stop on the East Coast. There many/all of them got unloaded and put in a closed park.

So you're looking for what?
-The first C63 to roll onto the tractor Trailer in Affalterbach? Probably nobody kept track
-The first C63 to roll onto the ship? nobody kept track
-The first C63 to roll off the ship? nobody kept track.

Now, at this point, the Dealers have their orders in with Mercedes and have booked the tractor trailers to bring the cars to their locations.
The tractor trailers get to the closed car park and start loading the cars.
Then they start driving to the Dealers. But the first one that leaves has to stop cause the driver really wants to eat a burger.

Conclusion up to here:
Still nobody kept track of which car rolled onto the tractor trailer first, nor is there a centralized time of arrival database, to show which tractor trailer arrived first at which dealer
Once at the dealers, they need to be prepped, nobody knows who was done first, which C63 was ready to be sold in a showroom? we don't know.

Now somebody buys and registers the car. The registration information is transmitted to the Bank, which owns the financed cars. Did somebody walk in with cash first? then that the bank won't know.
I am not entirely sure which commercial entity owns the cars prior to the dealer buying them. Obviously a subsidiary of the Factory. The first transaction that the car undergoes, is the dealer buying from that subsidiary.
Which dealer bought first? that information may be available from Mercedes, if they want to share it, but even if they bought first, they didn't necessarily find a customer first.
There are of course the people that walked in with cash months before and ordered the car with payment in full by example.
They may have been considered as the first ones to buy a car, so finding out who ordered first may seem like the way.
However, this doesn't mean that they were first to register and drive out.

Here are some additional complications. It's possible that the first cars to start driving would be the dealer demo cars. The procedure is very simple and once the car is at the dealer, the demos start to drive.
Who's demo drove first? We won't know.

Which C63 drove in US first? probably the factory development mules. These come with manufacturer plates and always end bad, meaning in a crash test.

Then there is the matter of the press cars. The process of how those get on the street is not well understood and they have a hard life obviously. It may be possible to single out which press car was the first. The thing with those is that sometimes they have a particular tune, because the manufacturer knows that the magazines are going to instrument test them.
Sometimes they do end up sold.
But it's not necessary that if a press car was relatively early on the road, it was delivered first. By the time the magazines are done with it, the other cars may very well start selling.

I just don't want you to walk into a dealership asking "do you have the first C63 delivered?' and them answering ".... I have it right here!..." It may even be somewhat true considering all of the above.

Oh and if you're looking for the first C63 to be completely assembled (it doesn't roll of the assembly line), it was probably not a US model, so you can't have it. Furthermore, I would not be surprised if AMG deems it an important car and keeps it.

If you're looking for the first US spec C63 completed, I would venture a guess that Mercedes of North America would know where it is and they may have it. It may never have been delivered or registered.
The best place to find out is on the Private Lounge chat session, in about 1.5 hours. I think they may answer this question.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Read through my post and realize how vague the notion of "first customer" is.
How so many factors contribute to randomize the first delivery, to the point where there would be no way to track who is first. Remember, Mercedes already sold the cars to the dealers at that point, they only care about the warranty, not about registration or insurance.
I bought my car on a Sunday. The Registration info would not come to the DMV until Monday. And when it comes from the dealer to DMV, it comes in batches "cars sold Sunday", nobody there knows what time.
Mercedes gets the warranty information from the dealer in batches too.
The only accurate by the hour, even day, is the insurance, but nobody centralizes those at Mercedes of North America.
And so on.....
And because NOBODY manned the delivery stopwatch, ALL will claim that theirs is first, who will disprove it and based on what?
You're not fighting a winning cause .....

Last edited by Vladds; 11-30-2017 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Originally Posted by Tyler Mccain
If you had read through the post you should be able to infer that I'm looking for the first one delivered to a customer in the United States.
WDDGF77X18F147502 was delivered March 5 2008. Don't think you're gonna find a car much earlier than at (maybe if you find one with the last six lower). It's already been pointed out there is no way to define the first customer car as there is no record of it.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by realjones88
WDDGF77X18F147502 was delivered March 5 2008. Don't think you're gonna find a car much earlier than at (maybe if you find one with the last six lower). It's already been pointed out there is no way to define the first customer car as there is no record of it.
Does anyone know if it has the old head bolt design?
Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
you'd have to contact Mercedes Benz USA...from there if they care and have the willingness to do so they would tell you which dealership received the first one. you'd have to specify that you do not care about Canada. From then you'd then need to contact that local Mercedes dealership, and at that point i guarantee that dealership would not give you any information further than the date it was sold if they even have record of that which they probably don't care to give you.

that's the jist of it. nobody here can help you.