Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Year C63 to mod to 500 rwhp >

Year C63 to mod to 500 rwhp

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Year C63 to mod to 500 rwhp

 
Old 12-30-2017, 01:59 AM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 385
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 View Post
It will if you add those intake spacers.............(sarcasm)
Quit hating, those spacers are the ****.
SactownP31 is offline  
The following users liked this post: SactownP31
principledchiro (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 01:27 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 285
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
LOL, intake spacers still are the smirk mod for the V8 Kompressor forums. Is there a large distance of Black Series vs standard C63; internals, etc.? Can a C63 be brought to Black Series specs then beyond?
principledchiro is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 01:43 PM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,887
Liked 1,251 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by principledchiro View Post
LOL, intake spacers still are the smirk mod for the V8 Kompressor forums. Is there a large distance of Black Series vs standard C63; internals, etc.? Can a C63 be brought to Black Series specs then beyond?
BS, 507 and P31 all have the same forged internals. Regular does not.

Outside of the major engine differences, bringing a regular C63 to BS-spec is an enormously expensive undertaking. Widebody panels and optional aero all around, wider rear end and actively cooled rear diff, upgraded cooling, brakes, wider wheels, coilovers and a few other small things like rear seat delete, red belts, etc.
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 02:01 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 385
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Originally Posted by principledchiro View Post
LOL, intake spacers still are the smirk mod for the V8 Kompressor forums. Is there a large distance of Black Series vs standard C63; internals, etc.? Can a C63 be brought to Black Series specs then beyond?
Yes then No. Everyone who bought a base/cheap c63 argues that a tuned base c63 will surpass a pp c63. But then what happens when the pp gets a tune. It puts down more power than the base. Well, get headers on that base. So get headers on that pp. And the argument will continue. Slice it how you want, a pp car will always be at an advantage over the base if you stay stock or go mod for mod. By pp I'm talking about p31, edition 1, 507 and black series. BS has a lot more going on than just internals and a tune. If your goal is the 500 whp, why not give yourself a head start by getting the better engine.
SactownP31 is offline  
The following users liked this post: SactownP31
principledchiro (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 02:19 PM
  #30  
Super Member
 
MTV10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 971
Liked 53 Times in 44 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SactownP31 View Post
Yes then No. Everyone who bought a base/cheap c63 argues that a tuned base c63 will surpass a pp c63. But then what happens when the pp gets a tune. It puts down more power than the base. Well, get headers on that base. So get headers on that pp. And the argument will continue. Slice it how you want, a pp car will always be at an advantage over the base if you stay stock or go mod for mod. By pp I'm talking about p31, edition 1, 507 and black series. BS has a lot more going on than just internals and a tune. If your goal is the 500 whp, why not give yourself a head start by getting the better engine.
The lightweight, forged internals make a difference. Rotational mass.

Mod for mod a P31 car will always be at advantage.
MTV10 is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 02:22 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
The black series has a better block
skratch77 is offline  
The following users liked this post: skratch77
BLKROKT (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 02:53 PM
  #32  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,887
Liked 1,251 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
The black series has a better block
Good point. BS block has some internal baffles blocked off to help build pressure to push the pistons back on the upstroke.
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 03:00 PM
  #33  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post


Good point. BS block has some internal baffles blocked off to help build pressure to push the pistons back on the upstroke.
yea they could of just slapped a spacer under the air filter but gee they might know a few things about building engines lol

I'm so waiting for your TB results and debating still on sls intake.
skratch77 is offline  
The following users liked this post: skratch77
BLKROKT (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 10:16 PM
  #34  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 285
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
How would one differentiate between a base and a P31?
principledchiro is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 11:48 PM
  #35  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,887
Liked 1,251 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by principledchiro View Post
How would one differentiate between a base and a P31?
Run the VIN and check. Itís the only way to be sure. Red brake calipers, carbon spoiler, Alcantara steering wheel, and grey intake manifold are the other signs.
BLKROKT is offline  
The following users liked this post: BLKROKT
principledchiro (12-31-2017)
Old 01-01-2018, 02:01 AM
  #36  
Super Member
 
Savage-wp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 776
Liked 101 Times in 86 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by principledchiro View Post
Aside from the 204 bolt-ons, can 285 or 295 rear tire be had? Can it take a 100 shot nitrous?
There is a guy here in Cape Town running a 100 shot on his C63, and it hasn't had any issues.
Savage-wp is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 01:11 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 423
Likes: 0
Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Look up dads c63 I can't remember for sure but I think he was running everything from a 75 to a 200 shot
deadlyvt is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 02:39 AM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
kimeran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Africa
Posts: 450
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
yea they could of just slapped a spacer under the air filter but gee they might know a few things about building engines lol

I'm so waiting for your TB results and debating still on sls intake.
Let's try and leave that in 2017

Last edited by kimeran; 01-08-2018 at 02:43 AM.
kimeran is offline  
The following users liked this post: kimeran
BLKROKT (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 AM
  #39  
Out Of Control!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 13,449
Liked 67 Times in 54 Posts
haters crazy
The W204 pre facelift sedan isn't as light as some would expect. Mine weighed in at 3950lbs NA. I am in the final stages of running an ESS supercharger so that will definitely put it up over 4k pounds. Not exactly a lightweight
blackbenzz is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 10:21 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 383
Liked 39 Times in 38 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
The W204 pre facelift sedan isn't as light as some would expect. Mine weighed in at 3950lbs NA. I am in the final stages of running an ESS supercharger so that will definitely put it up over 4k pounds. Not exactly a lightweight
Post up your impressions and pics of their kit. Theyíre not really known in the MB world. Iím curious to see how it compares to the more known blowers on here.
SuckaGDog is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 11:51 AM
  #41  
Out Of Control!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 13,449
Liked 67 Times in 54 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post

Post up your impressions and pics of their kit. Theyíre not really known in the MB world. Iím curious to see how it compares to the more known blowers on here.
I plan on starting a new thread with my thoughts one I've had some seat time and when it is above freezing outside. I was not able to find much information on the kit either but ESS is big in other car communities. So far it seems like a very high quality kit. I have experience with the weistec kit on my last personal vehicle which was a clk55 and set the 1/4 Mile record and have put together several weistec supercharged E55s so I am familiar with their setup and customer service. The ESS kit cooling design is superior in my opinion due to the intercooler being on top instead of sandwiched between the supercharger and engine. The intercooler also looks much larger. They use the same Whipple 2.9L as weistec stage 3 at a much lower price point. So far their customer service has been better than what I'm used to. On time delivery and questions answered promptly. I don't want to get too off topic in here so I will start a thread when I have more info to share.
blackbenzz is offline  
The following users liked this post: blackbenzz
SuckaGDog (01-08-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 AM
  #42  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
G_Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 1,306
Liked 53 Times in 51 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
The W204 pre facelift sedan isn't as light as some would expect. Mine weighed in at 3950lbs NA. I am in the final stages of running an ESS supercharger so that will definitely put it up over 4k pounds. Not exactly a lightweight
I too would love to know what you think about the ESS kit as, like you mentioned, it's the same 2.9L Whipple as Weistec at a lot lower price. I remember you did a lot of crazy stuff with that CLK55!

ESS is big in the BMW world and have a lot of high power cars out there.

With all the um, negative experiences I've been reading about with Weistec recently, I have been looking much more closely at mainly the Magnuson TVS2300 kit, and to a lesser extent the ESS 2.9L Whipple kit. There is absolutely no information out there that I can seem to find about the ESS kit though.

Who's tuning it?
G_Money is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 AM
  #43  
Out Of Control!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 13,449
Liked 67 Times in 54 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
I too would love to know what you think about the ESS kit as, like you mentioned, it's the same 2.9L Whipple as Weistec at a lot lower price. I remember you did a lot of crazy stuff with that CLK55!

ESS is big in the BMW world and have a lot of high power cars out there.

With all the um, negative experiences I've been reading about with Weistec recently, I have been looking much more closely at mainly the Magnuson TVS2300 kit, and to a lesser extent the ESS 2.9L Whipple kit. There is absolutely no information out there that I can seem to find about the ESS kit though.

Who's tuning it?
Thanks. I will start a thread when I have more info. One down side is they use a 6 rib pulley setup for now. But if you're not building the motor for big boost that won't be an issue. After speaking with them they said they plan on releasing a bigger crank pulley and then a complete 8 rib pulley system for built motors. The kit comes with a tune from ESS.



I spoke with Magnuson at SEMA when I was doing my research. I wasn't finding much info on their kit either They told me they are moving away from the European market. That is what made me cross them off my list. I would like a company that is devoted to the platform. You should talk to each company prior to making a decision.
blackbenzz is offline  
The following users liked this post: blackbenzz
rexiferp (01-09-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM
  #44  
Member
 
JQuala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 114
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
2015 W204 c63 507
I finally hit 500whp to the wheels all NA! Followed the mod priorities on this forum and a little corn juice
JQuala is offline  
Old 01-18-2018, 04:20 AM
  #45  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 536
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
c6
Obviously the forged internals are a plus for weight and strength but the non performance cars without forged internals aren't anywhere near unsafe power level at 450 (tune)-500whp(fbo), are they?

Last edited by ShaneN.; 01-18-2018 at 04:23 AM.
ShaneN. is offline  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:31 PM
  #46  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,125
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by ShaneN. View Post
Obviously the forged internals are a plus for weight and strength but the non performance cars without forged internals aren't anywhere near unsafe power level at 450 (tune)-500whp(fbo), are they?
LOL cast pistons are just as strong if not better then the forged internals in PP cars

These engines are build strong from the factory
mr747 is offline  
The following users liked this post: mr747
ShaneN. (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 04:05 PM
  #47  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 536
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
c6
Originally Posted by mr747 View Post
LOL cast pistons are just as strong if not better then the forged internals in PP cars

These engines are build strong from the factory
Thanks.
ShaneN. is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Year C63 to mod to 500 rwhp


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: