C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

501whp @ 6600rpm - yeah baby!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 08:10 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
The benz uses dodge credits as per HP tuners.
I tries to mix and match for the z06 and the benz but they don't allow that either.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by iShootYou
When I ordered my HP Tuners they actually end suffested I order Dodge credits because there system recognizes Mercedes the same way as you ha e no way to order Mercedes specifically.

I can’t wait to get my car tuned with it, I’m having a friend of mine who is a fairly well known tuner in the import scene tune the AMG. I’ll be sure to share my results on here.
I wish they did that for me also. I'm sure you can imagine the disappointment at having to shell out another $400, based off of a simple enough mistake.

Originally Posted by ritalin
The benz uses dodge credits as per HP tuners.
I tries to mix and match for the z06 and the benz but they don't allow that either.
Ahhhh ok that's right. I just checked - turns out I have 8 GM credits.

​​​​​​​It hurts.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG PPP Saloon
Originally Posted by Celicasaur

Cheers bud, yeah no I tuned it myself. I think after having had a few EC attempts, I've lost faith in other 'tuners'

Some runs could be fun (when Summer decides to finally bless us)

What would be interesting though is to run a W204 that I end up tuning. I have somebody local ready and waiting. I think my W212 would be a bit too heavy to make a relevant comparison against an FBO W204 I'll give you a shout
sounds good
i was tempted to try (get some one ) to tune my car and see how it gets on
the c you tuned what mods does it have?
was it all live tuned?
whats the output?
i run shell v power exclusively and have headers and sports cats with v5
I should be around when the weather gets better
Old 04-02-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG PPP Saloon
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
I wish they did that for me also. I'm sure you can imagine the disappointment at having to shell out another $400, based off of a simple enough mistake.

Ahhhh ok that's right. I just checked - turns out I have 8 GM credits.

It hurts.
dont know if it's possible but can you sell them I know a few of the HSV/GM v8 group use HPtuners my dad has it for his LS3 charged vxr
Old 04-02-2018, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Brunty88
sounds good
i was tempted to try (get some one ) to tune my car and see how it gets on
the c you tuned what mods does it have?
was it all live tuned?
whats the output?
i run shell v power exclusively and have headers and sports cats with v5
I should be around when the weather gets better
Done properly, you won't regret it. As you can see from my tune in the first post, it blows the EC tune out of the water.
Mine isn't a C btw...it's an E. Mods are in my sig/first post, but in a nutshell - cams, headers, throttle bodies.
Yeah live tuned - here's a snap shot of how it was coming along that day/week on the dyno

Output was a strong gain throughout (see post #1)
I run the same fuel as you (although sometimes I run BP Ultimate where necessary).

FWIW though, what we don't know yet is if the gains will be the same on another M156....they might be, as Savage-wp said he experienced similar gains, but until I've tuned another car, I can't say what the expected gain should be. Thing is, i'm getting married in 2 weeks and then I'm sure i'll be out of action for 6-8 weeks with honeymoon holiday and then the honeymoon period, so my tuning aspirations are a bit rocky right now. I've got somebody local on standby (2011 W204 non PP) and waiting for a tune though, so as soon as I'm ready, I'll do his car first and post up the before/after figures.

Originally Posted by Brunty88
dont know if it's possible but can you sell them I know a few of the HSV/GM v8 group use HPtuners my dad has it for his LS3 charged vxr
In theory, yes - if somebody wants them, I can hand over the licence key in exchange for some cash. I just don't know anybody who'd want them

Last edited by Celicasaur; 04-02-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Great results, people undervalue the power of VVT tuning. As a long time HPT user, from tuning Cobalts back in 2007 to my Sonic now, I've given them probably $2500 in credit money (and all of them were for cars that unlock with 2 credits, not 8 like the benz). Still a great tuning system, and the HPT forum is an incredible resource, there are several guys on there who do powertrain calibrations for OEMs and you can't really have better input than that.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Do you have any pictures of your custom intake/velocity stack set up you can show us?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 228 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by G_Money
Do you have any pictures of your custom intake/velocity stack set up you can show us?
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...comment-6.html
The following users liked this post:
Celicasaur (04-04-2018)