Sponsored by:

best replacement P31 rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 02:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 raptor 2010 C63 AMG P31
best replacement P31 rotors

looking for the best 2010 p31 replacement rotors have not seen much out there OEM or is a better aftermarket out there
person who had my car before replaced them with the normal rotors i didn't see it until i showed up to pick up the car
Old 03-27-2018, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
if you don't track the car, get the normal 1 piece rotors for like $250/each. if you want a lighter rotor, replace with something like the Racing Brake 2 piece or the Girodisc 2 piece (what I went with) and then you can replace the rotor rings themselves when they wear out. plus the steel is harder so they should last longer, especially under harder use.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo X
Yeah I went with Girodisc on my other car and liked they were so much lighter. And the rings are replaceable
Old 03-27-2018, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Just curious - do the Giros retain the parking brake functionality? I know the RBs do (I have a set), but just wondering if Girodisc also puts a steel sleeve in the rear hat for the parking brake shoes?
Old 03-27-2018, 01:43 PM

Evo X
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Just curious - do the Giros retain the parking brake functionality? I know the RBs do (I have a set), but just wondering if Girodisc also puts a steel sleeve in the rear hat for the parking brake shoes?
Good question, I know on my Evo it retained the functionality. Not sure on the AMG if it’s the same
Old 03-27-2018, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Diabolis
not sure. I think they do. I only have the front for now since I haven't worn the rears out yet.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by Steve-o

Good question, I know on my Evo it retained the functionality. Not sure on the AMG if it’s the same
Cutting an aluminum blank to fit the brake shoes for parking is very different from a hat retain the full functionality of emergency brake, or when you forget to release the parking brake so that your aluminum hat will not get damaged.

RB is the first and is still the only brake company made the true rear two piece rotors for EVO 8/9 and 10. Brembo rear OE two piece rotors for GTR are made one full piece iron, or stainless steel (like Porsche CCM rotors). Other honest aftermarket mfgrs (like Stoptech or AP) disclosed that you must disable your rear e-brake. Others choose not to disclose the impairment of such a safety item, deceive consumers and let them think theirs are rear e-brakable which is not true and irresponsible, and should be brought up to light so at least consumers aware of what they are buying.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:28 PM

Evo X
Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Cutting an aluminum blank to fit the brake shoes for parking is very different from a hat retain the full functionality of emergency brake, or when you forget to release the parking brake so that your aluminum hat will not get damaged.

RB is the first and is still the only brake company made the true rear two piece rotors for EVO 8/9 and 10. Brembo rear OE two piece rotors for GTR are made one full piece iron, or stainless steel (like Porsche CCM rotors). Other honest aftermarket mfgrs (like Stoptech or AP) disclosed that you must disable your rear e-brake. Others choose not to disclose the impairment of such a safety item, deceive consumers and let them think theirs are rear e-brakable which is not true and irresponsible, and should be brought up to light so at least consumers aware of what they are buying.
I think your too smart for me. I’m not sure what your saying. So the e brake works or it doesn’t work? My e brake worked on my Evo and I had Giros.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
It's a knowledge that a motorsports consumer (upgrade from OE) should equip.

Simply put the aluminum hat is a soft metal so when the brake shoe is acting upon it, it will score and damage the hat and eventually destroy the hat and lead to failure. So either you purchase the two piece rotors from a reputable company that honestly tell you that you MUST disable your e-brake, or clarify with the mfgr if the rear rotor hat can resist to emergency braking (not just for parking).

Take your rear rotor off the hub and inspect the inner part of the hat where brake shoe is in contact and you will better understand what I am talking about.