C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 AMG SAM Unit Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
C63 AMG SAM Unit Help!

Hello, I have been having problems with my rear SAM unit. My right bulb on my license plate comes on and off. And my center brake light sometimes turns on and sometimes doesn't. And that's it just those things. Mercedes told me it was my rear SAM. Also, my AC doesn't work? I'm hoping that's the problem. Today I saved up enough money to have this done. They quoted me at $1300 for everything. I made some research and found some Relays. They are super cheap. Is it possible to change my relays and that will fix the problem? Every time I park the car and walk away I hear like a mouse is in my trunk! I open up the truck and go to source of the noise. The noise is like a clicking noise super fast click click click. Like really fast! And I got close and it was 2-3 of my relays? I could feel them opening and closing if you touch them and they are warm to the touch. Could it just be bad relays? Really need help with this please. This can go from 1300 to 40 dollar fix! Don't want to give them money if it's just my relays? How do we know when relays go bad! And if they do will it cause my AC and some lights to flicker off?? Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 06-06-2018, 02:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C450 | BRABUS 600 AMG GT | C63S
Originally Posted by AMG6N3
Hello, I have been having problems with my rear SAM unit. My right bulb on my license plate comes on and off. And my center brake light sometimes turns on and sometimes doesn't. And that's it just those things. Mercedes told me it was my rear SAM. Also, my AC doesn't work? I'm hoping that's the problem. Today I saved up enough money to have this done. They quoted me at $1300 for everything. I made some research and found some Relays. They are super cheap. Is it possible to change my relays and that will fix the problem? Every time I park the car and walk away I hear like a mouse is in my trunk! I open up the truck and go to source of the noise. The noise is like a clicking noise super fast click click click. Like really fast! And I got close and it was 2-3 of my relays? I could feel them opening and closing if you touch them and they are warm to the touch. Could it just be bad relays? Really need help with this please. This can go from 1300 to 40 dollar fix! Don't want to give them money if it's just my relays? How do we know when relays go bad! And if they do will it cause my AC and some lights to flicker off?? Thanks a lot for the help!
If you cant afford to fix the car, dont buy it.
if you want to fix everything for cheap, you will stuck in that never ending loop. Get it done professionally, and it comes with warranty.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:50 PM

C63 AMG
I have been waiting for an intelligent response and I get you. Just ignore the thread. You didn't even ask anything and you're saying I'm poor. Ugh. What happen to this forum. I used to be able to come and ask questions and get them answered respectfully. Now it's just trolls like this moron.

If anyone has serious info please, help.

The part has been ordered and scheduled for programming and labor Friday.
I am not happy with what the dealer is making me do since I already put 500 for bs that never fixed the problem. THIS IS WHY I AM HERE. I don't want to play that game. If I was millionaire I still wouldn't just give them money. If that's what you are doing to just show you have money, you are terrible handling finance and maybe YOU shouldn't even work hahahahaha. That's what forums are for to find help. What's wrong with saving a few bucks if you can! That's the point here I would love to save money I never said "**** this, this is to expensive" but moron over here just rushed to that assumption. Idiot what happens when you fix that and that's not the problem? You just keep throwing money in the trash huh. Lol YOU live your life like that sir. Don't tell me to live mine like that. If I can't maintain my car. Then you can come up with that bs phrase. But this **** rarely happens. So calm down rich man.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
I have been waiting for an intelligent response and I get you. Just ignore the thread. You didn't even ask anything and you're saying I'm poor. Ugh. What happen to this forum. I used to be able to come and ask questions and get them answered respectfully. Now it's just trolls like this moron.

If anyone has serious info please, help.

The part has been ordered and scheduled for programming and labor Friday.
I am not happy with what the dealer is making me do since I already put 500 for bs that never fixed the problem. THIS IS WHY I AM HERE. I don't want to play that game. If I was millionaire I still wouldn't just give them money. If that's what you are doing to just show you have money, you are terrible handling finance and maybe YOU shouldn't even work hahahahaha. That's what forums are for to find help. What's wrong with saving a few bucks if you can! That's the point here I would love to save money I never said "**** this, this is to expensive" but moron over here just rushed to that assumption. Idiot what happens when you fix that and that's not the problem? You just keep throwing money in the trash huh. Lol YOU live your life like that sir. Don't tell me to live mine like that. If I can't maintain my car. Then you can come up with that bs phrase. But this **** rarely happens. So calm down rich man.
Settle down--he is probably reacting to your comment that you had to save up to fix your car. Your a 25 year old kid with a expensive car that you don't seem to be able to afford by your own words.
You don't even say what car you have is it a W205?? or what, you should put your year and if it is a coupe or a sedan as in many questions it makes a difference.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:37 PM

C63 AMG
I saved in one day? Lol one day I have 1300 sorry I didn't know that was bad. Lol from my check that's what I saved for this problem? How can you not get that. ANYWAYS! Still if anyone is asking I won't downgrade them just help don't be a dick. Common we can both agree that he was being a dick. Leave that for my parents to say guy hahaha who the **** is he. And I just didn't spend all my check that's what I meant by saving sorry! If I am saving 1300 off my check I think I am doing okay... anyways! Back to the problem that's why I am here. The car doesn't matter. I'll just make a simpler question. Does relay chatter mean that the relay is bad or does it mean it's good and it's the power source doing the problem. That's as simple as I can put it.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
I saved in one day? Lol one day I have 1300 sorry I didn't know that was bad. Lol from my check that's what I saved for this problem? How can you not get that. ANYWAYS! Still if anyone is asking I won't downgrade them just help don't be a dick. Common we can both agree that he was being a dick. Leave that for my parents to say guy hahaha who the **** is he. And I just didn't spend all my check that's what I meant by saving sorry! If I am saving 1300 off my check I think I am doing okay... anyways! Back to the problem that's why I am here. The car doesn't matter. I'll just make a simpler question. Does relay chatter mean that the relay is bad or does it mean it's good and it's the power source doing the problem. That's as simple as I can put it.
You still did not say what car you have.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:40 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RDOCA
Settle down--he is probably reacting to your comment that you had to save up to fix your car. Your a 25 year old kid with a expensive car that you don't seem to be able to afford by your own words.
You don't even say what car you have is it a W205?? or what, you should put your year and if it is a coupe or a sedan as in many questions it makes a difference.
And just so you know. The terms of not being able to afford a car are in the lines of. Not being able to make payments, insurance payment. Or maintenance. This is something that might not ever happen in the life time of a car. It doesn't justify if you can't afford it or not. It's irrelevant. If you have to save part of your check for it it's fine. Doesn't mean you have to sell a car because a rich guy throws his money away on bs ****. It's simple if I can switch a relay because that was the problem and it was an easy fix why pay 1300? To show the guy I can afford the car? Wtf hahaha
Old 06-06-2018, 04:42 PM

C63 AMG
You still did not say what car you have.
Car doesn't matter for what the problems. It can be in a Honda as long as it has relays I wanna know if they relay chattering is okay . An indication that the relay is doing its job. Or if chatter means the relay is bad. I just posted this because I don't have the car to check myself I though maybe some nice community people would help me.

2009 C63 AMG w204
Old 06-06-2018, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
Car doesn't matter for what the problems. It can be in a Honda as long as it has relays I wanna know if they relay chattering is okay . An indication that the relay is doing its job. Or if chatter means the relay is bad. I just posted this because I don't have the car to check myself I though maybe some nice community people would help me.

2009 C63 AMG w204
Your in the wrong forum
Old 06-06-2018, 04:46 PM

C63 AMG
Your in the wrong forum
That's the only reason you were asking huh. Okay like I said car doesn't work now can you answer my question? What's going on here is everyone in troll mode or what?
Old 06-06-2018, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
That's the only reason you were asking huh. Okay like I said car doesn't work now can you answer my question? What's going on here is everyone in troll mode or what?
I guess you just don't get it .
You should go to the correct forum so there might be another owner with the same problem and he can tell you what he did to fix it.
I thought it might be a 204 as a 205 would still be on warranty.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 PM

C63 AMG
You should go to the correct forum so there might be another owner with the same problem and he can tell you what he did to fix it.
I get it. I am asking about the relay. Not the car though? Doesn't have anything to do with a car. All the cars with relays will have a problem like ones in the life of the car. Relays go. All I wanted to know if someone knew about relays chattering/clicking noise what ever you did in a w205 will fix for ANY car that's what I am saying. Do YOU get it now. We are not talking about anything specific to the car we are talking about something that is almost in every car now. If you say relay still fine change the sam that will fix all the problems in ANY car.. do you get me? A relay from a w205 to w204 doesn't work any different.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Bro.......
Old 06-06-2018, 06:31 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Exactly...

OP needs to go to the proper forum and spare us his rambling, run-on, poorly structured and confrontational sentences...
Old 06-07-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by KJ
Exactly...

OP needs to go to the proper forum and spare us his rambling, run-on, poorly structured and confrontational sentences...
This poor kid did exactly what you said in W204, and now he is here.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ht-issues.html
Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
And this is what happens when W204’s get cheaper to buy than a brand new Civic...

Go to the W204 forum and good riddance. Jeez.

PS: I hope your piggy bank is full when the headbolts snap on your 6.2L. But I’m sure you know about that problem and everything to do with basic maintenance. Word of advice, if you lack the skills and knowledge to wrench yourself, don’t buy a car like this without a warranty. Buy something cheap and fun to learn and wrench on that, not some 10 year old out of warranty AMG with god knows how many miles and previous owners.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:26 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by KJ
Exactly...

Why do you ignore my question? Wow, just true true trolls here. Yea, gang up on the dude that had a simple question. And then I step down to your level. And I am being meeeeaaaann whaaaaa! Little cry babies you defend the ******* that came to tell me that I can't afford a car. Hahaha and I'm the rude one when I fire back? Lol okay. I'll play along.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:28 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
And this is what happens when W204’s get cheaper to buy than a brand new Civic...

PS: I hope your piggy bank is full when the headbolts snap on your 6.2L. But I’m sure you know about that problem and everything to do with basic maintenance. Word of advice, if you lack the skills and knowledge to wrench yourself, don’t buy a car like this without a warranty. Buy something cheap and fun to learn and wrench on that, not some 10 year old out of warranty AMG with god knows how many miles and previous owners.
Had them done already boom!!! Come again. Please keep it coming. What else what else rotors? Boom done.mmmmhhh torque converter boom done! Dude what's the point that you are horribly failing to put out there of a complete stranger? Are you jerking off to this, I mean how is this fun or satisfying?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:33 AM

C63 AMG

Oh oh sorry, forgot to add the second part of YOUR rant. Uummm 3 owners with me so 2 before me. One was for a private investor. I guess that's what they pointed out in the carfax. Oh and it had 47k miles for a 10 year old AMG.. and I did everything to it that could possibly go wrong with it. Mmmm did you *** yet? Because I don't know what kind of pleasure you get from this? Maybe your hand going up your *** and getting **** out and throwing it, to see if it stick. Maybe that's what you like idk. Proceed.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:35 AM

C63 AMG
Had them done already boom!!! Come again. Please keep it coming. What else what else rotors? Boom done.mmmmhhh torque converter boom done! Dude what's the point that you are horribly failing to put out there of a complete stranger? Are you jerking off to this, I mean how is this fun or satisfying?
Brand new civic is 19k max this was 37k 10 years later with bolts and everything done. At 47k miles little less but rounded up for ya.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:40 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by w62820616
This poor kid did exactly what you said in W204, and now he is here.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ht-issues.html
Thank you! But they don't care, it's all about being an ******* to the dude that responded to a responds, coming from an *******..
I don't know what has this forum come to. You can't be a newbie or ask a simple question because this will happen. At this point I am just here to entertain at this point. Lol but thanks for pointing it out.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:33 PM

Maybe a Civic type R , lol.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
It’s sarcasm. My mistake, your 37k AMG is the same as a base model CLA with a few options. Look, the reason you’re getting these responses is because 1. You’re asking very specific questions about a car no one owns here in the WRONG forum. Yes, a relay is a relay, just as a connecting rod is a connecting rod. So what’s the difference between the rods in a Ford Model T and the C63S? They’re both rods!!! They both rod use bearings! 2. You’re acting like an entitled douchebag. And 3. Your meticulously maintained, pristine, grandmother driven $37k AMG isn’t impressing the W205 folks on here.

Go to the correct forum, where it’s more than likely other W204 folks have had similar issues and can guide you through diagnosing and repairing.

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 06-07-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:16 PM

C63 AMG
It’s sarcasm. My mistake, your 37k AMG is the same as a base model CLA with a few options. Look, the reason you’re getting these responses is because 1. You’re asking very specific questions about a car no one owns here in the WRONG forum. Yes, a relay is a relay, just as a connecting rod is a connecting rod. So what’s the difference between the rods in a Ford Model T and the C63S? They’re both rods!!! They both rod use bearings! 2. You’re acting like an entitled douchebag. And 3. Your meticulously maintained, pristine, grandmother driven $37k AMG isn’t impressing the W205 folks on here.

Go to the correct forum, where it’s more than likely other W204 folks have had similar issues and can guide you through diagnosing and repairing.
You sir, have something called a small brain. Go get yourself another one. You will not get far with that logic you carry around. So pathetic.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:25 PM

C63 AMG

And I though I was in the Mercedes only forum. You're logic and the way you think falls in between a 7 year old and a 16 year old teenager.
The way you type is just amazing. You took this conversation to a point where you are just telling me what you hate about the world. Idc! I don't even know what to say to you. It's that amazingly stupid. You literally, literally don't even know wtf is happening here. I never compared a Mercedes part with a Ford part. Completely irrelevant. You should of just went with the "wrong thread" story instead of showing who you are... hahaha what do I do with that info. I was never specific about a car. Read the last of my first comment. I start talking about relays. And if relays go bad or not. Nothing about a car ALL car do this! (Mercedes since we are in Mercedes forum, not ford) again stupid irrelevant comment. But common **** relays I want to know what's your problem. Common Hahahhahahahaha entitled Hahahhahahahaha like I said. No one likes it when they come back at them. I wasn't the one who called myself Poor when the question wasn't even about money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 AMG SAM Unit Help!