Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by jptaylor
I TOTALLY support single moms!!!!
me too. And “grad school students” in Key West. I love the Conch Republic.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:04 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8

me too. And “grad school students” in Key West. I love the Conch Republic.
All jokes aside one of my best professional friends is a very well respected prosecutor. We are at a conference in Atlanta and an unknown colleague walks up and literally screams out "Oh my God, you're Jasmine!!!!"...Long story short, made for an awkward 43sec of all of us knowing that some of our circle had seen others "sans apparel", then we got the explanation of how she put herself through law school stripping and paid CASH every step of the way so when she finished she had ZERO student debt....very cool woman, very cool story, and she STILL wouldn't take any of the $20s I kept throwing at her
The following 3 users liked this post by jptaylor:
BLKROKT (08-15-2018), chrisridebike8 (08-15-2018), Crya (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
14 polar white E550
Originally Posted by MBNRG
LOL!

Yeah, Cali sucks for a lot of things, but there is 100oct available at some pumps, for $9-10 per gallon.
Can mix in a few gallons with the 91oct to achieve 93oct or higher, depending on preference.
Cali is only good for vloggers and women
Old 08-16-2018, 12:43 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Originally Posted by Amr_c63

Cali is only good for vloggers and women
California went from being a hot chick to a feminist. A complete kunt of a state. Problem is most feminist are ugly and crazy. Every thing here is all PC now, which is halla ghay, yeah I said it. I feel bad for older white people here because they're afraid to even say anything. There are no shortages of sjw's and soyboys ready to be offended then call you a racist and wish for your demise.... Wait I just got a strange feeling of deja vu, huh? Anyways Cali sucks now!
The following users liked this post:
BalanBro (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Received 167 Likes on 112 Posts
2009 C63 P30
I thought we were talking about HDTuning? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not speaking directly at Sacto, but not every state is the best match for every person. That's why America was already great. Freedom. You no like, you go somewhere you do like. Easy peasy. Political/Social views in the minority? Plenty of other areas on the map where views may match yours, should you only want to be surrounded by people with the same viewpoint. Personally, I think it's awesome that companies like Weistech and HDTuning can operate, apparently successfully, relatively within the margins of the CA laws/regs etc. Like F1, the state may introduce more regs, but it's incumbent upon the tuners to find ways through and around. I'd be interested in a re-tune from HDTuning as the tune that came with my car is of unknown provenance, but seems to work well enough. Can HDTuning do remote dyno tuning? Is that a thing?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:43 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
i don't know where you're from but cali is great...you're just hanging around in the wrong area's...that of which i have no idea.

perception is one thing, but actuality is different. and don't hate on cali because our obesity rates are lower than other states.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Crya (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by hachiroku
i don't know where you're from but cali is great...you're just hanging around in the wrong area's...that of which i have no idea.

perception is one thing, but actuality is different. and don't hate on cali because our obesity rates are lower than other states.
Well for one thing you basically can't mod your car any more and all those things in your signature are illegal now in your state. Don't get me wrong I actually like the state, but not the people that can't seem to run it. It's a shame too, car culture pretty much started in California and if they get their way, it will also end in California.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by hachiroku

There are no wrong areas, people just get butthurt too easy. And people cant seem mind their own business. Always getting into other peoples shyt. Im from the Sacramento area as the name sugest. I hang out with a variety of people. So I hear all sorts of ideas and view points. The problem is surrounding yourself with people who only think the way you do. You start to live in your own little world and dont understand or accept other people point of views. Diversity is key.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
California is a ****hole. Why do you think anyone that can is leaving the state in droves? It's becoming a modern day feudal state where only the mega rich, and very poor live.

We got out while the getting was good (well, actually the Savings and Loan crisis was pretty bad lol)in the early 90s. Nice place to visit but you couldn't pay me to live there. Hell, I'd be a felon the moment I stepped into the state with my firearms that are legal in almost every other state.

Last edited by G_Money; 08-16-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by G_Money
California is a ****hole. Why do you think anyone that can is leaving the state in droves? It's becoming a modern day feudal state where only the mega rich, and very poor live.

We got out while the getting was good (well, actually the Savings and Loan crisis was pretty bad lol)in the early 90s. Nice place to visit but you couldn't pay me to live there. Hell, I'd be a felon the moment I stepped into the state with my firearms that are legal in almost every other state.
Cali is a soyboy paradise. So many things legal in the rest of the country turns you into a felon here. I'm old school, I believe in the first 2 amendments and cali is one who constantly tries to ***** with both of them. I lost all love for cali because they refuse to enforce federal law and now these progressives are even trying ban bible sales. No wonder this place is burning up.
G_Money (08-25-2019)
Old 08-17-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Betweeen the filters, 2nd cat delete and 100oct tune, those alone could account for the beating you took in the video above.

I’m not at all convinced that the HD tune is the primary difference-maker here. 2nd cat delete by itself is worth ~20whp IIRC.

I have personally done the before and after cat dyno run and yes it was a good 20hp gain . Do people think after all these year someone is going to come out with some crazy tune ? yes octain levels , cats or not , headers , filters can all account for the difference .. on the other hand pushing the car past its safety limits on a tune can also make a difference. At what price is the gain worth it ? also when was the last time plugs had been changed ? when was the last time filters had been cleaned ? my point is veriables are always a factor.

Last edited by 4ramin; 08-17-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Originally Posted by SactownP31
California went from being a hot chick to a feminist. A complete kunt of a state. Problem is most feminist are ugly and crazy. Every thing here is all PC now, which is halla ghay, yeah I said it. I feel bad for older white people here because they're afraid to even say anything. There are no shortages of sjw's and soyboys ready to be offended then call you a racist and wish for your demise.... Wait I just got a strange feeling of deja vu, huh? Anyways Cali sucks now!
Said like someone living in Sacramento lol
Old 08-17-2018, 12:01 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
^ hahahahaha...i didn't want to comment on that aspect but thought the same. btw...recently worked in Sacramento for 3 months...that place has changed. its all hipster...modern hipsters are who you speak of. overly vocal about things because they're "hipsters".

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-17-2018, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by jptaylor
All jokes aside one of my best professional friends is a very well respected prosecutor. We are at a conference in Atlanta and an unknown colleague walks up and literally screams out "Oh my God, you're Jasmine!!!!"...Long story short, made for an awkward 43sec of all of us knowing that some of our circle had seen others "sans apparel", then we got the explanation of how she put herself through law school stripping and paid CASH every step of the way so when she finished she had ZERO student debt....very cool woman, very cool story, and she STILL wouldn't take any of the $20s I kept throwing at her
pretty good story! I was in Key West for work and flew a girl I was seeing down there to hang out with me for a few days. The first night she saw that the clubs down there and said she had never been to one. So she asked me to take her. After we walked in and headed towards the stage at the back, I got greeted by 3 different girls BY NAME along the way. She said "how many times have you been here?!" I chuckled and said "once?" Later that night we were riding our bikes back to the hotel and she just kept yelling "My face smells like Alice!!!!!" Later in the trip she realized she had feelings for me when she didn't like it when I put $1 bills in gstrings any more (you can't sit at the stage and not tip. that's poor form). Haha. She's a keeper
Old 08-17-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21
Said like someone living in Sacramento lol
Sacramento sucks, no doubt, but not as bad as Stockton, Modesto, Bakersfield, LA, IE, SJ and the biggest shytholes of them all SF/Oak. Not only do all those places suck, they're incredibly expensive to live in and have very high crime rates. And the rest of the state is on fire. Oh well, It is what it is.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:29 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
I have just made the decision that I'm changing the professional statement on my LinkedIn page to "My face smells like Alice".....That **** was AWESOME!!!
Old 08-18-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Sacramento sucks, no doubt, but not as bad as Stockton, Modesto, Bakersfield, LA, IE, SJ and the biggest shytholes of them all SF/Oak. Not only do all those places suck, they're incredibly expensive to live in and have very high crime rates. And the rest of the state is on fire. Oh well, It is what it is.
Lol I'm not trying to turn a tuning discussion into a California geographical desirability discussion but I'm pretty sure most people in la and SF would not take agree that sactown is better and would not pay an equivalent price for a comparable place in Sacramento lol, there's a reason why real estate is so expensive in SF/la (whether you like the people there or not). Saying that sactown is better than the Central valley and inland empire may be true idk but that's like saying the diarrhea after taco Bell is better than the diarrhea after del taco... I'll take neither lol. Ok I'm done on this topic... Back to happy tuning magical power results!
BLKROKT (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by dlowery21
Lol I'm not trying to turn a tuning discussion into a California geographical desirability discussion but I'm pretty sure most people in la and SF would not take agree that sactown is better and would not pay an equivalent price for a comparable place in Sacramento lol, there's a reason why real estate is so expensive in SF/la (whether you like the people there or not). Saying that sactown is better than the Central valley and inland empire may be true idk but that's like saying the diarrhea after taco Bell is better than the diarrhea after del taco... I'll take neither lol. Ok I'm done on this topic... Back to happy tuning magical power results!
No one would openly agree. LA is a big disconnected city where the average joe thinks he's more special than he actually is. SF is a complete shythole with human shyt literally on every corner. Price point aside those places suck azz. Really, it just sucks because scumbags in LA, SD, SF, SJ and SAC decide how the rest of the state is governed. But whatever, as long as I get my paper, carry a gun and drive a c63 just like the rest of you, who cares right? Oh and for those of you who think this thread has been jacked, it got jacked when it went to 100 vs 91. The thread died right then and there. So don't trip or get butthurt fellas. Just voicing my opininion after 6 12 packs of modelo especial, ruffles (queso flavor), and some cacaguates japoneses with the compas. No bramido though. Happy Sat.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
This was almost an interesting thread about cars until around post #20

Originally Posted by deanmc
Silver C63(lead car): P31 package, ROW airbox, AFE filters, Benzworks headers, 2nd cat delete, HD tuning custom dyno tune, 100 oct., Hoosier drag slicks.
Black C63 (camera car): ROW airbox, OEM filters, Benzworks headers, OE tuning stage 2 tune, 91 oct., Nitto NT555 drag radials.​​​​
Guys, two very obvious factors here. Let's not get carried away with unicorns and dyno's.

100 oct....that's all there is to it in terms of power - that'll be worth 4-5 degree's of timing vs the camera car...that's quite significant ESP on race fuel.

Then the fact that he's running super lightweight space savers on the rear, which is giving the net feel of running something bigger than a 3.06 final drive.

Originally Posted by skratch77
You got walked! I would run pro drys and cut out the second cats and run 100 oct and load up the race map oetuning gave you.
Yep, this would make it closer....but the rear wheel difference will be the deciding factor.

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The way your friend "walked you" is definitely more than just "20" horsepower...
Yep.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17' AMG GTS 1000HP
HD Tuning is awesome! we are the canadian dealer -Vaderperformance
Old 08-25-2019, 08:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 c63 amg 507 edition
1000000000000000000000000% agreed and truth
Old 08-25-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 c63 amg 507 edition
This thread has helped me out alot...i am going to keep my 507 for a while now and may dabble at some mods.. light mods. Here in MD we have access to all octanes etc so this def. Helps
Old 08-27-2019, 11:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2009 C63 AMG Sedan
First off, HD tuning is awesome. I've had their tune for almost 2 years now. Pops are insane and other out of the box tunes aren't catered to how your engine behaves like HD is.

Secondarily, you are all idiots. California is the best. We have the most beautiful people. Perfect weather. Worlds 6th biggest economy. The views and the cities. Snow. Ocean. Food. Pay to play. Keep your guns keyboard warriors and stay in your stock home in the middle of no where.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by SatelliteMan
Secondarily, you are all idiots. California is the best. We have the most beautiful people. Perfect weather. Worlds 6th biggest economy. The views and the cities. Snow. Ocean. Food. Pay to play. Keep your guns keyboard warriors and stay in your stock home in the middle of no where.
Paradigmatic attitude of California's "most beautiful people."
Old 08-29-2019, 03:26 AM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
nobody said we breed them

they just all move here to be models, actresses, or **** stars.

what he said was 150% true

don't pack your bags yet...they all become gold diggers at some point.