Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Coding new parts, OEM headlight lenses, misc other

Couple things:
Just wanted to let you guys know that I was able to successfully code a new Rain/Light sensor, using the run of the mill .. non OEM.. Xentry.
It was never clear to me what one can and cannot do with them. Especially since you can't acquire permission form the factory servers to do.. what a dealership normally does.
But it does seem that even with a Connect C4, which is an "online coding" unit (as opposed to a C3 that has this coding database offline), there was no problem to initial code a bran new light/rain sensor.
I just had to manually input the last four digits of the windshield (nope, not a typo) number and then select W204/X204.
The part number is substituted already several times, so I'm anxious to see what this thing will do at the next rain..

Other than this, I wanted to ask where you guys saw the headlight lenses sold separately and of what part number?
I'll dig some more into the parts software, but the vendor doesn't seem to find them for now.

Where's the best place to buy the roof pre-painted gutter-strips?
The vendor where I usually buy had a weird feedback that they don't sell them anymore, because of too many complaints of damage during shiping..
Makes me wonder if these should then be a counter only buy. But this means 50% extra price.

Old 02-05-2020, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vladds
Other than this, I wanted to ask where you guys saw the headlight lenses sold separately and of what part number?
I'll dig some more into the parts software, but the vendor doesn't seem to find them for now..
I got mine from https://www.bimmerjakes.com/en/merce...2007-2011.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...eadlights.html
Old 02-05-2020, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
This looks good, even as price.

Does the front bumper have to come off, for the headlights to come out?
Or did you use a heat gun to heat the butyl sealant in place and take the lenses off?
Are these European (no DOT symbol)? Doesn't really matter, just curios, because of how the description looks like.
When the lens is off the headlight, does it seem like the "eyebrow" light diffuser could come off and somehow be replaced by an LED strip?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2020, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
The bumper doesn't have to come all the way off, just enough to get to the bottom bolts. You need to remove the housings completely to work on them.

I used the oven method and added 3M Window Weld Glass Butyl Tape to the existing sealant to re-seal.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Certain control modules have manual coding which is usually things that are somewhat idiot proof and unimportant is messed up. Starting with the 204 the ability to change this stuff started to disappear. The 204 still has a decent amount of stuff you can do but the current production cars have very very limited manual coding abilities through xentry. Try changing some coding in one of the sams or the m.e., you'll likely have a different experience.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204 C220 CDI 2007
hello, I have to code my new rain sensor, before I had only light sensor, can you tell me the steps you did with Xentry?
did you use the Cassico Mini VCI J2534 cable?