C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Mercedes! S204 c63 amg, having problems, need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 06:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
S204 c63 amg
First Mercedes! S204 c63 amg, having problems, need help!

I just bought a second hand S204 c63 amg from end 2009 with 82000 miles on the clock. Car seems to be in ok condition besides a scratch on the side and cracked left sideskirt. It has been acting weird since the first minutes I drove it tho, weird I didn't notice this with the testdrive (as passenger)

It's hard to explain this but I will do my best. When I drive a constant speed or accelerated and then get off the gas the car seems to as how I like to call it a ''hiccup'' or little stall. My mechanic described it like as the gearbox doesnt know which gear it should pick but i's not when shifting, just when driving at a constant same speed and when deaccelerating, never when accelerating wether it's soft or hard acceleration. Besides that the car drives completely fine, bumfeeling tells me all 536 horses are present seeing today it looked like the c43 amg pushing my *** was standing still when I pushed the pedal in.

It just doesnt feel right and I have a gut feeling this could become expensive.

Second thing bothering me is the secondary decat this car has, it makes the car sound like **** in my opinion and it drones a lot imo or makes weird noises, anybody experience with this?

Last edited by swans; 01-20-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL450, 2018 GLS 550, 2021 GLS 450
Originally Posted by swans
I just bought a second hand S204 c63 amg from end 2009 with 82000 miles on the clock. Car seems to be in ok condition besides a scratch on the side and cracked left sideskirt. It has been acting weird since the first minutes I drove it tho, weird I didn't notice this with the testdrive (as passenger)

It's hard to explain this but I will do my best. When I drive a constant speed or accelerated and then get off the gas the car seems to as how I like to call it a ''hiccup'' or little stall. My mechanic described it like as the gearbox doesnt know which gear it should pick but i's not when shifting, just when driving at a constant same speed and when deaccelerating, never when accelerating wether it's soft or hard acceleration. Besides that the car drives completely fine, bumfeeling tells me all 536 horses are present seeing today it looked like the c43 amg pushing my *** looked like he was standing still when I pushed the pedal in.

It just doesnt feel right and I have a gut feeling this could become expensive.

Second thing bothering me is the secondary decat this car has, it makes the car sound like **** in my opinion and it drones a lot imo or makes weird noises, anybody experience with this?
Your transmission problems can be best diagnosed by an Xentry unit, or you can try resetting your adaptations.

If you are getting a droning noise, there’s something else besides your secondary Cats missing. Putting in an Hpipe will help eliminate that.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:15 AM

S204 c63 amg
Thx I will look into this and report back, I did the reset thing couple of hours ago, turn on power, puch the gaspedal down and hold 5 secs, wait at least 2 mins.....that thing. Didnt drove it yet since.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Resetting adaptations isn't a fix. It will go back to doing the same thing over time. Find a better mechanic who knows the product.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:02 PM

S204 c63 amg
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
Resetting adaptations isn't a fix. It will go back to doing the same thing over time. Find a better mechanic who knows the product.
And I just did that. I am new to the brand so didnt realy know which garage was good but after some research I found a Official dealer who even have an AMG perfomance center and have 2 mechanics who souly work on AMG cars. In six days it's going there and they will check the whole car and I will fix EVERYTHING they can find thats not right. Put some money aside for that. Only after that I will start modifying it.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:23 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
W204 C63 AMG
How does the engine idle when the coolant and oil temps are warm, with the transmission in park or neutral and no load on the engine?

My W204 C63 had similar behaviour, while cruising, on / off the throttle, the engine would hesitate or stumble. Even more so, while transitioning into the throttle off idle.

Check your fuel trims and ignition timing at idle. My LTFT's were off 50% from one bank to the next and Ignition Timing -9.5 degrees at idle.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:49 AM

S204 c63 amg
Hi guys, took me a little longer but the work on my car is done, took it to an AMG performance center which was so far away but all worth it. Total cost so far 8424.54euro's, yaaaaaaay, but the car is in perfect condition now.

For those who are interested, the hiccups it had was because of bad ignition due to bad sparkplugs, they were all not tightened like they should, even oil was creeping up there on the sparkplug they showed me this.

The noise when starting up was the cam adjuster.

The scraping noise were the brakepads, last owner who is a retard didnt use the right pads, there is some sort of a .........idk, sort of little cilinder on there to keep the pads from moving and it was too smal leaving a little room to move, not good and it's very dangerous they said, brakefluid wasnt changed in at least 5 to 6 years also they said.

3 wheels are cracked, bought the same ones. Someone here on the forum jinxed me on that.

A lot more work has been done but than I'd be writing a book. I could place the bill on here but it's in my native language so wouldnt help you guys out much I think.

More work is suspension rubbers, new thermostat, (owner before put a different on which turns the fan on at a lower temperature which is also not good so changed to an original one), new k&n drop ins, new engine oil and filter, new brake fluid and pads, new radiator and fluids, new diff oil new trans oil and filter, new sparkplugs, exhaustwork (wasnt on straight), new wheels and tyres (the original 16 spoke wheels), and a lot more.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
A bit pricey but now you will be able to enjoy it.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:26 PM

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts
2013 W204 C63 AMG P31 Estate wagon
Glad it's all good now so get out and enjoy.
Sorry to jinx your wheels but unfortunately I'm not the only one to crack those oem multi spoke wheels especially when running the std oem tire size (rear 255/35).
Old 02-19-2021, 01:42 PM

S204 c63 amg
Thx a lot! I will definitely do that, first gonna have the ''tuning'' the car has checked out at my tuner and see what he saz about it, starting to doubt all thing the previous owner did so....
Old 02-19-2021, 01:44 PM

S204 c63 amg
I was just joking man haha, red on a lot of forums that those wheels seem the have that sickness, I wonder why? Do you think a thicker/wider tyre would help with that? Maybe a bit more sidewall?
Old 02-19-2021, 03:48 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 C63 P31 Sedan
I think it's just the metallurgy of those wheel as I assume they are just cast. You may want to consider a decent aftermarket rotary forged wheel if the issue pops up again (HRE FF15 has a similar look). I like the look, but haven't been impressed with the quality of Mercedes cast wheels when you consider the outrageous cost.

On a more positive note, it's nice that you rescued this car from the previous owner and the inevitability of it otherwise ending up in a scrap yard. I am super jealous of the wagon (estate?) models you get in Europe. You get so much more practicality out of it, and it's an utter wolf in sheep's clothing.

Good luck with the car, and enjoy!

Last edited by BalanBro; 02-19-2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:45 AM

S204 c63 amg
Thx a lot, I always had a weak spot for estates! For a non car guy it is indeed a wolf in sheeps clothing. The AMG performance center said the same thing you said, they areglad I haven't give up on it and was willing to fix it. They gave me a 15 percent discount on all parts and labor and made a deal for the substitute car they gave me also.

I don't even have it back yet, will have her back on friday and it's the first time I will be able to drive it with a clear concience and heart without having fear of making things worse.

I will probably buy different wheels anyways weather they brake or not, have my eyes on some OZ superturismo's. Lightweighht and also about the same style. I will check the HRE wheels but think I know which ones you mean, 3 piece I think right.

Sick wheels indeed, sick price also, this car is slurping up all my money, it also takes consumption to a next lvl and I had an e39 m5 before and several other v8's.
Worth every penny tho.

Just looked em up, not the ones I thought but nice also, Kinda same style as the OZ superturismo's. I definitely wouldnt go for a 5 spoke thats for sure.

Last edited by swans; 02-20-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:07 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 C63 P31 Sedan
HRE FF15 are their single piece rotary formed cast wheels. Basically it has comparable strength to forged wheels at the wheel barrel, reducing weight and improving strength, while the center section still has standard cast aluminum metallurgy. It's a cost effective way to get improved strength without outrageous cost.