Sponsored by:

Controlarms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 12:22 AM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Controlarms

I noticed this winter my C63 has worn the left front tire way more than right(at the innerside of tire)
So i´d figure i´d replace some controlarms before wheel alignment.

So my question is, is there any 'special' controlarms in AMG models compared to the other ones?
Regarding both front and rear.

Rgds
Patrick
Old 01-26-2021, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
The control arms themselves are AMG-specific. As in, you cannot use arms from the regular C-class line. AMG arms are pretty significantly stronger.

There are no OE upgrade options. However SDW will modify AMG arms with their German uniball spherical bushing if you’d like.

KMAC makes adjustable control arm bushings. Some people have had good results with those.

There’s also a guy on eBay selling tubular steel adjustable arms. No experience, but I wouldn’t use them.

For the rear there are many adjustable control arm options. Lots on eBay. I’m using the UPD arms from Shardul. Aside from using terrible cheap rod ends that wear out in a month, and the arms themselves bottom out on the frame causing damage and I was told good luck with it, otherwise they’re fine I guess. They’re andonized red, ooooh...

Last edited by BLKROKT; 01-26-2021 at 11:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PP-PRO_C63 (08-05-2023)
Old 01-26-2021, 07:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
esults with those.

There’s also a guy on eBay selling tubular steel adjustable arms. No experience, but I wouldn’t use them.
Are you referring to this guy?
https://f1-fabrication.myshopify.com...ions/frontpage

I was interested in his front caster arms
Old 01-26-2021, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by eschow
Are you referring to this guy?
https://f1-fabrication.myshopify.com...ions/frontpage

I was interested in his front caster arms
Yeah that’s one of them. I don’t like his use of poly bushings. More than that, I don’t trust the strength of his front lower control arms at all. The other arms (thrust, caster, caber, toe) look ok I guess. I have no experience with them, it’s just a gut feeling.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:49 AM

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
W204 c63
The control arms themselves are AMG-specific. As in, you cannot use arms from the regular C-class line. AMG arms are pretty significantly stronger.

There are no OE upgrade options. However SDS will modify AMG arms with their German uniball spherical bushing if you’d like.

KMAC makes adjustable control arm bushings. Some people have had good results with those.

For the rear there are many adjustable control arm options. Lots on eBay. I’m using the UPD arms from Shardul. Aside from using terrible cheap rod ends that wear out in a month, and the arms themselves bottom out on the frame causing damage and I was told good luck with it, otherwise they’re fine I guess. They’re andonized red, ooooh...
Blkrokt, are you using the sdw spherical bushings? Anyone have a review or experience with these?

Thx

Last edited by Dr.Speedfellow; 01-26-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dr.Speedfellow
Blkrokt, are you using the sdw spherical bushings? Anyone have a review or experience with these?

Thx
Yes, I’m using the front thrust arms and they’re great. I have the front lower control arms also, and will be putting them on whenever I get my car back from the trans work. There’s plenty of talk about them here if you do a search.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:00 PM

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
W204 c63
Did a search and saw some chat about their availability, but did not see anyone with both upper and lower installed giving results or review unless I missed it.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:25 PM

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
I use SDW thrust arm as well, dont' have the lowers but in conjunction with ultra racing support braces you will feel like a new car. Totally worth the SDW price as well and if you get FCP euro for the SDW thrust arms you will have warranty, already bent and had to replace passenger side thrust arm and no issue getting them taken care of.

Clarify before it's asked, deer hit passenger side and wheel/suspension took brunt of hit which is what bent thrust arm.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by catmandoob
I use SDW thrust arm as well, dont' have the lowers but in conjunction with ultra racing support braces you will feel like a new car. Totally worth the SDW price as well and if you get FCP euro for the SDW thrust arms you will have warranty, already bent and had to replace passenger side thrust arm and no issue getting them taken care of.

Clarify before it's asked, deer hit passenger side and wheel/suspension took brunt of hit which is what bent thrust arm.
How did you bend an arm? Are the spherical bushings too harsh?
Old 01-27-2021, 07:55 AM

2011 C63 AMG, 589hp

There are no OE upgrade options. However SDW will modify AMG arms with their German uniball spherical bushing if you’d like.

As i guessed, the same concerning the rear also?
Old 01-27-2021, 08:08 AM

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
How did you bend an arm? Are the spherical bushings too harsh?
No No, spherical bushing is great. it was more a twist and very slight bend from deer careening into wheel when I had it turned to the right, balljoint area took the impact. Couldn't even notice visually really but just enough to give pops and creeks. Took me verifying 3 times on a lift before I accepted it, but I'd have rather that part did it than steering rack etc to have taken brunt of impact. It was a weird hit and deer barely touched the body because of it haha

Just an example that lifetime warranty is nice.

Originally Posted by swedepat
As i guessed, the same concerning the rear also?
Rear didn't really receive any changes from AMG so knuckles, links etc all interchange, can save a ton by knowing that. sway bar may be thicker haven't gandered at that hard but I know from replacing my right rear passenger knuckle and arms that C300's fit just fine and are same when I dug into them. CV's are not the same though, so don't mistaken what I say either. Ultra racing rear lower sub frame brace helps a lot in the rear though too imo.

Last edited by catmandoob; 01-27-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:25 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
this place is a joke
im running f1-fabrication front and rear arms they seem beefy and good so far i think they are now "the camber king"
stunner z (02-15-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 10:37 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Yes, I’m using the front thrust arms and they’re great. I have the front lower control arms also, and will be putting them on whenever I get my car back from the trans work. There’s plenty of talk about them here if you do a search.
did your bearings squeak like a jungle gym? what did you end up replacing them with? i can't stand the squeaking. they did it the first drive after installation.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 01-31-2021, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hachiroku
did your bearings squeak like a jungle gym? what did you end up replacing them with? i can't stand the squeaking. they did it the first drive after installation.
Don't know. Everything is loud and it’s hard to pinpoint what’s bad noisy and what’s good noisy. I like them, feels firm and crisp.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Heim and spherical joints are fine for race cars. For a street car it will ruin the car no doubt. I'd love a good adjustable oem style with real bushings.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 395 Likes on 267 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hachiroku
I’m using their thrust arms on a relatively stock rest of the car for the time being and they aren’t noisy at all. Haven’t noticed them over the stock pieces but have noticed more accurate steering on hard corners
hachiroku (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 07:36 AM

2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
This became a hassle on my car.
Are our AMG´s supposed to have round hole or oval hole in front-front controlarms?
Old 06-28-2021, 11:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63

Where did you get replacement rod ends from? May just switch these out before I put them in.