C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My Negative Experience with Mode Carbon – Moderators Please Read

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:28 PM

Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts
'12 C63BS
Originally Posted by Robb M.
I've heard from exactly zero customers with actual real issues that they can document.
You may have missed my PM I sent on Dec. 12th and the thread post where I documented my failed order with Mode Carbon. Happy to PM directly to you if needed.

I've removed their active sales threads until they respond to this thread @Mode Carbon
<thumbs up>
Old 01-08-2023, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,577 Likes on 930 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
@Lizard @MayhemD90 did you guys get your cheese back from the CC company yet?

I see this now so hopefully nobody else here will get hosed by this guy.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:37 AM

'12 C63BS
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
@Lizard @MayhemD90 did you guys get your cheese back from the CC company yet?

I see this now so hopefully nobody else here will get hosed by this guy.
Not 100% yet.... I have received a provisional credit while my credit card company conducts their investigation - it should be a slam dunk since the FedEx tracking # still shows package was never shipped.

BTW, couple months ago I saw his status as "Former Vendor of MBWorld" then few days later his status changed back to "Sponsor". Hope it stays as Former Vendor.
The following 2 users liked this post by MayhemD90:
DRBC43AMG (01-09-2023), viperamg (04-13-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
I've heard from exactly zero customers with actual real issues that they can document.
Originally Posted by Lizard
I’m sure what is more perplexing and shameful, the fact that Mode Carbon is strolling along and acting like nothing is wrong, or the fact the moderator on this forum is continuing to let him be a vendor and promote his business to unsuspecting buyers/victims.
I've removed their active sales threads until they respond to this thread @Mode Carbon
We sincerely apologize for the prolonged delay of your order. We are currently experiencing unforeseen delays with our manufacturing process. Rather than making excuses for our actions, we would like to own up to the situation and address you with transparency and honesty. At this time we are not able to give an exact date as to when your order will ship. Being that we have never been in this position before as our lead times are typically accurate, we are doing our very best to tackle the situation.

We are willing to offer compensation in order to make up for any stress and inconvenience that was caused by the delay. We would like to present you with the following options:

A. A partial rebate of $250.00 off the purchase price of your current order, refunded to the initial method of purchase. We would also like to extend a 50% discount towards a future order, redeemable at any time, should you chose to entrust us with your business in the future.
B. You can cancel your order for a full refund and we will of course waive any cancellation fees that are stated in our Shipping & Return Policy.

Since we are at the tail end of the manufacturing process, we would encourage you to keep your order in place and accept the rebate/future discount as consolation for the delay. However, we completely understand if you would like to cancel your order.

We value our customers’ business and we sincerely regret to put you in this situation. We hope that you can accept this as a token of good faith that we are doing our best to do right by our customers in these unforeseen conditions. Once again we apologize for the delay and rest assured we are doing everything in our power to have this resolved. Please let me know how you would like to proceed and I will gladly accommodate.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by SEAMG
Well it’s starting to feel like the forum is moderated by Mode Carbon themselves.

BMW forums didn’t blink on this when **** started hitting the fan.
We didn't get banned from Bimmerpost. We left the forums on our own for now.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by MayhemD90
You were away on personal matters so couldn't handle orders but still somehow managed to still take people's money during that same time??
I was not in the states during the time period where customers paid for their orders.

I was away on personal matters for nearly a month in August.

Old 01-31-2023, 02:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I don't believe that this is a fair notion, we were experiencing delays on 1 particular product with 1 particular order.

All our threads were taken down and none of them had anything to do with this order.

All our products are designed, private labeled and manufactured in house.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mode Carbon
I don't believe that this is a fair notion, we were experiencing delays on 1 particular product with 1 particular order.
Maybe I'm missing something or misread this thread. There's literally 2 different people in the thread you're responding to with the same exact problem.
All our threads were taken down and none of them had anything to do with this order.
They were taken down because you were asked, in this thread, to provide a solution here --> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post8684350 on 12-12-2022, 10:11 AM that you didn't respond to. Your threads were removed to help prevent anyone else from getting taken advantage of.
If your products are manufactured in house please answer these questions. I will number them so it's easier.
  1. Why do you quote a short lead time and or indicate the item is in stock when they're not?
  2. Why do you then state a product is almost completed when it's not?
  3. Why do you create a shipping label and state an item is shipping when it's not?
  4. Why do you use the same generic excuse for either of the above?
  5. Robb asked you to respond on 12-12-2022, there was forum activity from this account before those threads were removed, so why did you wait until 01-24-2023 to respond with another generic excuse?

This thread alone has done so much damage to your business. All you had to do was provide a refund instead of lies and none of this would have surfaced.
The following 5 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
duuder (01-31-2023), RavenCLS (02-09-2024), Robb M. (01-31-2023), viperamg (04-13-2023), Xavier Smith II (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 10:50 AM

Received 359 Likes on 233 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon, 2017 Z51 Corvette
??? It's 2023. How can anyone have a business and not have a phone number?
The following users liked this post:
viperamg (04-13-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Maybe I'm missing something or misread this thread. There's literally 2 different people in the thread you're responding to with the same exact problem.

They were taken down because you were asked, in this thread, to provide a solution here --> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post8684350 on 12-12-2022, 10:11 AM that you didn't respond to. Your threads were removed to help prevent anyone else from getting taken advantage of.

I was hospitalized for personal reasons and was not up to date with the thread.

If your products are manufactured in house please answer these questions. I will number them so it's easier.
  1. Why do you quote a short lead time and or indicate the item is in stock when they're not?
  2. Why do you then state a product is almost completed when it's not?
  3. Why do you create a shipping label and state an item is shipping when it's not?
  4. Why do you use the same generic excuse for either of the above?
  5. Robb asked you to respond on 12-12-2022, there was forum activity from this account before those threads were removed, so why did you wait until 01-24-2023 to respond with another generic excuse?
This thread alone has done so much damage to your business. All you had to do was provide a refund instead of lies and none of this would have surfaced.
1. All of our lead-times are now updated on our website to reflect the real time manufacturing lead-times.
2. Our Edition 507 Hood Vents were on back-order and they were almost complete at the time.
3. We create shipping labels for all of our orders before the item is ready to ship.
4. At times, we are at the mercy of our manufacturer.

This thread didn't cause much damage because there are only two people with real life issues. The rest of the people on the thread are fueling the fire. We already PM'd both the customers directly and emailed them as well.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by TugboatBill
??? It's 2023. How can anyone have a business and not have a phone number?
You can reach us via email - info@modecarbon.com, PM us or text me directly (845) 269 1944
Old 01-31-2023, 03:49 PM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
2013 C63
1. All of our lead-times are now updated on our website to reflect the real time manufacturing lead-times.
2. Our Edition 507 Hood Vents were on back-order and they were almost complete at the time.
3. We create shipping labels for all of our orders before the item is ready to ship.

This thread didn't cause much damage because there are only two people with real life issues. The rest of the people on the thread are fueling the fire. We already PM'd both the customers directly and emailed them as well.
You said previously you manufacture everything in-house, so how can you be at the mercy of your manufacturer? Such a load of BS.
The following 6 users liked this post by fflmlf:
1JDM911 (01-31-2023), GRP (01-31-2023), INS1GNIA (01-31-2023), Mode Carbon (01-31-2023), Rsquad911 (02-24-2024), viperamg (04-13-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-31-2023, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by fflmlf
You said previously you manufacture everything in-house, so how can you be at the mercy of your manufacturer? Such a load of BS.
Really? We've shipped over 10,000 orders without any problems and I'm stating that there were forces out of my control with this order.

I already reached out to the customer directly on multiple separate occasions with no success.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
These are all deflections, you didn't actually answer any of the questions. If you haven't noticed, this is your pattern.

The rest of the people on the thread are fueling the fire
You set the fire though. Now that I called you out on it, there's now 2 people instead of just 1?

"we were experiencing delays on 1 particular product with 1 particular order." changed to "there are only two people with real life issues"

This deviation after being question is super sketchy.

This thread didn't cause much damage because...
I can name about 15 people who won't purchase from you including myself. I have also told 5-6 others who are not part of this forum to stay away and linked this thread for the why.
We can likely assume the 14 others have done the same as well so if you do the math, it has potential to be a significant loss of future business.

We already PM'd both the customers directly and emailed them as well.
@Lizard , @MayhemD90 is this legit or more misdirection?
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
RavenCLS (02-09-2024), viperamg (04-13-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

These are all deflections, you didn't actually answer any of the questions. If you haven't noticed, this is your pattern.

You set the fire though. Now that I called you out on it, there's now 2 people instead of just 1?

The OP started the thread and the other member fueled the fire. I'm not even sure what he ordered.

"we were experiencing delays on 1 particular product with 1 particular order." changed to "there are only two people with real life issues"

I can name about 15 people who won't purchase from you including myself. I have also told 5-6 others who are not part of this forum to stay away and linked this thread for the why.
We can likely assume the 14 others have done the same as well so if you do the math, it has potential to be a significant loss of future business.

Do you not remember that my car was almost a total loss and I was hospitalized during covid and put on medication. All of those negative reviews surfaced while I was in the hospital.

I offered them both complimentary parts to make up for the confusion.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Do you not remember that my car was almost a total loss and I was hospitalized during covid and put on medication. All of those negative reviews surfaced while I was in the hospital.

I offered them both complimentary parts to make up for the confusion.
What do these two 2022 issues have to do with an accident you had in early-mid 2021?

Note: Assumption on the accident timeline from this post https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post8345423 so maybe it was even earlier?

Sorry man, none of this is adding up. It's the same ole backpaddling on repeat. Good luck with your business, I hope you make/made things right with @Lizard and @MayhemD90 as they are the victims here.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
1JDM911 (01-31-2023), viperamg (04-13-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 06:54 PM

Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by fflmlf
^+1 to this, such self-contradictory script lol

lots of these "private-labels" are sharing the same "handy-man" that produces their low volume pieces, especially if it's state-side; when the volume is high enough, they send the mold oversea, to sites that also share the production with other brands..

"private-labeled", another term that contradicts with "manufactured in house", it's amusing that he thinks one can be both.

of course, he'll tell you otherwise, or danced around the subject/topic, and never show you the production-site footage; ah, the never changing game of the bottom-feeding aftermarket automotive circle.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by 1JDM911
^+1 to this, such self-contradictory script lol

lots of these "private-labels" are sharing the same "handy-man" that produces their low volume pieces, especially if it's state-side; when the volume is high enough, they send the mold oversea, to sites that also share the production with other brands..

"private-labeled", another term that contradicts with "manufactured in house", it's amusing that he thinks one can be both.

of course, he'll tell you otherwise, or danced around the subject/topic, and never show you the production-site footage; ah, the never changing game of the bottom-feeding aftermarket automotive circle.
We were first to market with all of our styles. We didn't replicate anybody.

When we first got into business in 2012 we were only in competition with Vorsteiner and Brabus.

Alibaba and Ebay undercut all of our prices and copy our styles.

We can show you production footage and our molds if you would like.

They are all designed in house we do all the 3d scanning, molding, test fitment and marketing.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

What do these two 2022 issues have to do with an accident you had in early-mid 2021?

Note: Assumption on the accident timeline from this post https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post8345423 so maybe it was even earlier?

Sorry man, none of this is adding up. It's the same ole backpaddling on repeat. Good luck with your business, I hope you make/made things right with @Lizard and @MayhemD90 as they are the victims here.
I was hospitalized and our first batch of negative reviews surfaced. I can pull them all up for you if you would like.

The other issues that surfaced in 2022 were a result of me being away overseas for family/medical matters in August.

Once again we apologize for the miscommunication and both customers have been contacted with a severance package.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:12 PM

Received 150 Likes on 36 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8
Updates:

Since I started the thread on 11/9/22, the vendor has not contacted me once directly and answer my question regarding the status of my order. There were some vague responses on the thread (on 12/3 and 12/4) to other posters but nothing else. On 1/3/23, the Moderator removed Mode Carbon from the vendor list until he can directly responses to my inquiries.

•On 1/10, I received an email from Mode Carbon (Samuel) staying that (again) my order will be updated with tracking in about three weeks. This is what I have heard before, and what had promoted me to start this thread in the first place. Of course, nothing ever materialized from this email since January 10th.

•On 1/24, Mode Carbon emailed me again asking if I can take down or revise my post on MB world in return for them giving me a free set of what I had ordered. This offer would have come across more genuine, showing that the vendor is owning up for a mistake, had he not asked for a trade. To me, the offer was only made to get me to pull my post, vs. to make up for a wrong that was done to a customer.

I’m attaching screen shots below.

As mentioned in my first post, I would have been fine waiting for 3/4/6 months for an item if the seller was open about the problem they are having (factory burned down, employs quitting, covids, supply shortage, etc.) and clearly communicate this to me when inquired. Then give me the choice of either wait until that time, or get refund for what I’d paid.

The ignoring of emails, the phantom tracking status, and the vagueness of responses after taking the order -and money- leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Even until this date, Mode Carbon can not tell me (on anyone ) why the reason that the order(s) are behind.

Like most people on this forum, we’re here to enjoy this hobby that is our car. It should be fun to mod your vehicle and get parts for it. This has turned into a stressful thing that I didn’t need to add into my already busy life. It had also taken up extra time to write and post these follow ups. Time that I could have spent doing something more enjoyable.

Old 01-31-2023, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
And it looks like they have their sponsor status back so either mbworld doesn't really give a **** about the vendors they allow or maybe they have a special deal in place... either way it's not good
Old 02-01-2023, 12:19 AM

Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys

exhibit ABCD & E:

blah blah blah blah blah

We can show you production footage and our molds if you would like.

They are all designed in house we do all the 3d scanning, molding, test fitment and marketing.
Who is "we"? You've already said you're a one-man-team; and even the process of prototyping is done in-house, you forgot to emphasis that your production is the private-labeled work done by 3rd party, isn't this the issue that explains why these orders are still unfulfilled? otherwise, which part is it private-labeled by 3rd party then? c'mon man, get your sh*t together and stop embarrassing the industry.. neither Peter @ Vorsteiner nor Claus @ CEC have failed their customers this bad..
Old 02-01-2023, 01:10 AM

'12 C63BS
Really? We've shipped over 10,000 orders without any problems and I'm stating that there were forces out of my control with this order.

I already reached out to the customer directly on multiple separate occasions with no success.
You have reached out and I responded but you haven't delivered! You claimed vents would ship within 3 weeks (according to your Jan 10th email) and still nothing!! While I'm certain you've had some positive customer experiences otherwise you'd be completely out of business but you can't claim you've '...shipped over 10k orders without any problems' when there are many poor reviews on the internet. One only has to do a quick google search to see the results for themselves.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mode...carbon+reviews

Your timing is bit suspect as this customer complained back in 2020: https://www.r8talk.com/threads/vendo...carbon.171635/

You can reach us via email - info@modecarbon.com, PM us or text me directly (845) 269 1944
Is that a new phone # as the number you had on your website this past fall wasn't working and you claimed here you didn't have a phone to be able to call customers....

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post8679981

Still deflection as he hasn't addressed the reason for the delay and the run around. I was told last September that my hood vents were finishing up and each time I inquired he would claim they were being shipped out which obviously never happened and by late Oct he stopped replying altogether. He finally sent me an email on January 10th offering a complimentary set of hood vents that would be delivered within 3 weeks and today marks exactly 3 weeks and NOTHING. I'll continue to update this thread until this is resolved. No customer should endure this cluster of an experience.

BTW, there was another user (NCRob) that came into this thread from a BMW site to complain about his experience with Mode Carbon but his posts have all since been deleted so that makes at least 3 of us.... plus a couple newer complaints here within past month or so:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.modecarbon.com

While this is from a year ago, this was sent to me:

Last edited by MayhemD90; 02-01-2023 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Lizard
Updates:

Since I started the thread on 11/9/22, the vendor has not contacted me once directly and answer my question regarding the status of my order. There were some vague responses on the thread (on 12/3 and 12/4) to other posters but nothing else. On 1/3/23, the Moderator removed Mode Carbon from the vendor list until he can directly responses to my inquiries.

•On 1/10, I received an email from Mode Carbon (Samuel) staying that (again) my order will be updated with tracking in about three weeks. This is what I have heard before, and what had promoted me to start this thread in the first place. Of course, nothing ever materialized from this email since January 10th.

•On 1/24, Mode Carbon emailed me again asking if I can take down or revise my post on MB world in return for them giving me a free set of what I had ordered. This offer would have come across more genuine, showing that the vendor is owning up for a mistake, had he not asked for a trade. To me, the offer was only made to get me to pull my post, vs. to make up for a wrong that was done to a customer.

I’m attaching screen shots below.

As mentioned in my first post, I would have been fine waiting for 3/4/6 months for an item if the seller was open about the problem they are having (factory burned down, employs quitting, covids, supply shortage, etc.) and clearly communicate this to me when inquired. Then give me the choice of either wait until that time, or get refund for what I’d paid.

The ignoring of emails, the phantom tracking status, and the vagueness of responses after taking the order -and money- leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Even until this date, Mode Carbon can not tell me (on anyone ) why the reason that the order(s) are behind.

Like most people on this forum, we’re here to enjoy this hobby that is our car. It should be fun to mod your vehicle and get parts for it. This has turned into a stressful thing that I didn’t need to add into my already busy life. It had also taken up extra time to write and post these follow ups. Time that I could have spent doing something more enjoyable.

Your complimentary set is in production.

Originally Posted by deadlyvt
And it looks like they have their sponsor status back so either mbworld doesn't really give a **** about the vendors they allow or maybe they have a special deal in place... either way it's not good
They do because they took down all our threads.

exhibit ABCD & E:

Who is "we"? You've already said you're a one-man-team; and even the process of prototyping is done in-house, you forgot to emphasis that your production is the private-labeled work done by 3rd party, isn't this the issue that explains why these orders are still unfulfilled? otherwise, which part is it private-labeled by 3rd party then? c'mon man, get your sh*t together and stop embarrassing the industry.. neither Peter @ Vorsteiner nor Claus @ CEC have failed their customers this bad..
It's not only me. it's 2 people.

Originally Posted by MayhemD90
You have reached out and I responded but you haven't delivered! You claimed vents would ship within 3 weeks (according to your Jan 10th email) and still nothing!! While I'm certain you've had some positive customer experiences otherwise you'd be completely out of business but you can't claim you've '...shipped over 10k orders without any problems' when there are many poor reviews on the internet. One only has to do a quick google search to see the results for themselves.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mode...carbon+reviews

Your timing is bit suspect as this customer complained back in 2020: https://www.r8talk.com/threads/vendo...carbon.171635/

Is that a new phone # as the number you had on your website this past fall wasn't working and you claimed here you didn't have a phone to be able to call customers....

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post8679981

Still deflection as he hasn't addressed the reason for the delay and the run around. I was told last September that my hood vents were finishing up and each time I inquired he would claim they were being shipped out which obviously never happened and by late Oct he stopped replying altogether. He finally sent me an email on January 10th offering a complimentary set of hood vents that would be delivered within 3 weeks and today marks exactly 3 weeks and NOTHING. I'll continue to update this thread until this is resolved. No customer should endure this cluster of an experience.

BTW, there was another user (NCRob) that came into this thread from a BMW site to complain about his experience with Mode Carbon but his posts have all since been deleted so that makes at least 3 of us.... plus a couple newer complaints here within past month or so:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.modecarbon.com

While this is from a year ago, this was sent to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hZfjDXBal8
So sorry.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Coupe
Boy am I glad this thread exists. I'll be avoiding Mode Carbon.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ragunarok:
duuder (02-01-2023), Mode Carbon (02-01-2023), RavenCLS (02-09-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average.

Quick Reply: My Negative Experience with Mode Carbon – Moderators Please Read