Sponsored by:

W204 C63 EDITION 1 SEDAN OPTION CODE HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w205 C63s / w124 e320 / w204 c63 edition 1
W204 C63 EDITION 1 SEDAN OPTION CODE HELP

Hi there, just purchased a 2012 w204 c63 edition 1 sedan, ive checked the vin option codes of multiple sedans and multiple coupes and Ive noticed only the coupes have the p30 package on it as well as the raised speed limit of the vehicle.
Did the sedans not come with this package at all?
I also couldnt find the option code for the LSD on any of the edition 1s.
Did the Edition 1s not come with the LSD at all?
I cant find any information really on the edition 1 w204s.
I tried looking for threads on these cars first before i posted this as well but no luck.
Is there a w204 expert out there that has some answers?
Old 03-21-2023, 08:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Eurocharged, 2006 SLK55 R171, 2013 Audi RS5
Neither came with the LSD and the sedan didn't get the development package. In short - you had to add both the development package and LSD to a sedan, and just the LSD to a coupe.

This thread covers most of it:
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...sedan-f-s.html

I considered an Edition 1 before settling on my 2013 Sedan, but ultimately realized I preferred the look of non Edition 1s and there was nothing special performance wise about them. If you like the cosmetic stuff it comes with then it's worth owning (the paint colors were exclusive). You can of course add a tune and an aftermarket LSD and have a very similar car to a factory dev/lsd car. I didn't want to bother adding them later so I chose a car that had them already.
The following users liked this post:
zrg22 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Birdseye;[url=tel:8743809
8743809]Neither came with the LSD and the sedan didn't get the development package. In short - you had to add both the development package and LSD to a sedan, and just the LSD to a coupe.

This thread covers most of it:
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...sedan-f-s.html

I considered an Edition 1 before settling on my 2013 Sedan, but ultimately realized I preferred the look of non Edition 1s and there was nothing special performance wise about them. If you like the cosmetic stuff it comes with then it's worth owning (the paint colors were exclusive). You can of course add a tune and an aftermarket LSD and have a very similar car to a factory dev/lsd car. I didn't want to bother adding them later so I chose a car that had them already.
rip . the edition 1 sedan is my favorite so I was really happy to get it but I wish they had those other performance options as just standard equipment because now it’s basically just an exterior package but I still love that . Just didn’t want to have do to a ton of aftermarket things to it.
thanks a lot for the info by the way I appreciate it !!

Last edited by zrg22; 03-21-2023 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:02 PM

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts
2013 W204 C63 AMG P31 Estate wagon
Originally Posted by zrg22
rip . the edition 1 sedan is my favorite so I was really happy to get it but I wish they had those other performance options as just standard equipment because now it’s basically just an exterior package but I still love that . Just didn’t want to have do to a ton of aftermarket things to it.
If you love the Edition 1 then that's all that matters.
Even without the Performance pack C63's can't put their power down without at least an LSD and decent tyres.
If you're happy with the power level, then you should budget to fit an LSD at some stage.
Also if your tires are worn look at something like Michelin PS4S or Continental Contact sport 6 or 7.
Fitting a LSD was the first thing I did to mine after buying and have never regretted doing it
zrg22 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 05:33 PM

Yes its my favorite looking of the w204s! I have the ps4s tires on it already , what LSD would you suggest me getting ? and how much does it usually run? I work at a mercedes dealership so i have an INCREDIBLE discount on labor and parts so getting it installed will be okay i think but do you have a suggestion for which part to put into it?
Old 03-22-2023, 08:56 PM

Yes its my favorite looking of the w204s! I have the ps4s tires on it already , what LSD would you suggest me getting ? and how much does it usually run? I work at a mercedes dealership so i have an INCREDIBLE discount on labor and parts so getting it installed will be okay i think but do you have a suggestion for which part to put into it?
Seeing as you work at a Mercedes dealership you should price OEM first.
I went with and am happy with Wavetrac as it was far cheaper than even 2nd hand OEM LSD that were available at the time, about 4 years ago.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cwagon
Seeing as you work at a Mercedes dealership you should price OEM first.
I went with and am happy with Wavetrac as it was far cheaper than even 2nd hand OEM LSD that were available at the time, about 4 years ago.
Just a quick update , got the price cost if I were to go OEM on the LSD, and COST of the part for the dealer is $4k, my emp discount is cost +10% and then the labor to install it soooo yeah lol
either gonna search for a used oem or just go for an aftermarket wavetrac like you did
Old 03-25-2023, 12:45 AM

Just a quick update , got the price cost if I were to go OEM on the LSD, and COST of the part for the dealer is $4k, my emp discount is cost +10% and then the labor to install it soooo yeah lol
either gonna search for a used oem or just go for an aftermarket wavetrac like you did
You could look at Quaife LSD as well, they also have a good reputation.
zrg22 (03-28-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 02:58 PM

Happy to help. From what I've researched, the Wavetrac LSD is superior to the stock LSD, and aftermarket tunes are definitely better than stock PP tune. I have a Eurocharged tune and I vastly prefer it compared to the Performance Pack Map... not because of the extra power either. I suggest getting Barry's tune though (forum member here), I've been considering that because most rate it above the Eurocharged.

So I think you can get everything you want (minus the forged internals) but at higher quality. Wavetrac + Barry tune and you're good, most people around here don't sit on the PP tune anyway.
zrg22 (03-28-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Birdseye
Happy to help. From what I've researched, the Wavetrac LSD is superior to the stock LSD, and aftermarket tunes are definitely better than stock PP tune. I have a Eurocharged tune and I vastly prefer it compared to the Performance Pack Map... not because of the extra power either. I suggest getting Barry's tune though (forum member here), I've been considering that because most rate it above the Eurocharged.

So I think you can get everything you want (minus the forged internals) but at higher quality. Wavetrac + Barry tune and you're good, most people around here don't sit on the PP tune anyway.
Did you install the wavetrac yourself ? If not how much labor time did it cost you? Also how would I go about finding barry tune? It currently has an eightysix tune i believe the previous owner called it. Sounds and runs well but you cant rev it up past 3.5k rpm in neutral or park or it just goes fulllllllll throttle and revs past the limiter lol
Old 03-28-2023, 06:28 PM

Did you install the wavetrac yourself ? If not how much labor time did it cost you? Also how would I go about finding barry tune? It currently has an eightysix tune i believe the previous owner called it. Sounds and runs well but you cant rev it up past 3.5k rpm in neutral or park or it just goes fulllllllll throttle and revs past the limiter lol
I don't have a Wavetrac, I researched before I bought the car all the different packages/tunes etc. and jumped when I saw a car with a Eurocharged tune, Performance Pack, OEM LSD. However in my research I noted that the aftermarket solutions for all these were better than OEM, minus the fact that the PP cars get forged internals. Good discussion here on the forged internals, nice to have but not a big difference: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...1-507-etc.html

Eightysixtuned is what I'm talking about, https://eightysixtuned.com/ -- Barry posts here, you could msg him regarding your car's tune.