2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
Originally Posted by ylli101
something doesn’t add up. This is the only person that really has had issues with the car, especially the 0-60 time. I’m almost all cases cars are faster than the claimed time.

Seems weird to me
agreed - something off here. Even when timing the autotopNL run to 100 kmp is like 4.35 in the estate. Which again should be +.1 for the estate and +.1 for the run up to 62 mph as opposed to 60 mph.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:55 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2023 AMG C43 Sedan, 2022 GLB 250
Hey Alexasa - I don't want to reach out to my SA yet, but since yours seems to be a bit more on top of things, by any chance did they mention when they would possibly expect the car to move onto a ship? I bet ours will be on the same boat... I would guess with VIN last Tuesday, they would have to be heading out within the next 2 weeks max?
Old 02-16-2023, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Kinematic
Hey Alexasa - I don't want to reach out to my SA yet, but since yours seems to be a bit more on top of things, by any chance did they mention when they would possibly expect the car to move onto a ship? I bet ours will be on the same boat... I would guess with VIN last Tuesday, they would have to be heading out within the next 2 weeks max?
The car should be done at this time. Timing is everything when it comes to the shipping. Some cars get a boat immediately and some wait 2+ weeks before they do. I'd expect the car to be at East Coast US port by the end of March.

If car has been released between now and then you should be able to go to your dealer the first week of April to sign your paperwork and take her home.

The best source of information would be the sales person. He would know if the car has shipped and the name of the vessel. Once you have it, it is easy to track.
I will check end of next week for a vessel name. Our cars should make the ride together. Are you on West Coast?
I'm honestly not too fussed now that it's built. It will come when it does. My car will likely be on display at the dealer for a week before I will have time to take delivery.

Last edited by alexasa; 02-16-2023 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by alexasa
The car should be done at this time. Timing is everything when it comes to the shipping. Some cars get a boat immediately and some wait 2 weeks before they do. I'd expect the car to be at West Coast US port by the end of March.

If car has been released between now and then you should be able to go to your dealer the first week of April to sign your paperwork and take her home.

I will check end of next week for a vessel name. Our cars should make the ride together. Are you on West Coast?
I'm honestly not too fussed now that it's built. It will come when it does. My car will likely be on display at the dealer for a week before I will have time to take delivery.
Yeah my number one concern was items being dropped from the build. Since we were able to confirm the build was intact, I am happy. I am on the East Coast, will be going to Baltimore VPC
Old 02-16-2023, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Yeah my number one concern was items being dropped from the build. Since we were able to confirm the build was intact, I am happy. I am on the East Coast, will be going to Baltimore VPC
Sorry, corrected some info. I'd expect to take delivery early April as long as the car is released prior to that timeframe.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:31 AM

Sorry, corrected some info. I'd expect to take delivery early April as long as the car is released prior to that timeframe.
That's sorta what I have been expecting. Really hoping we get a launch in next 2 to 3 weeks, that's the last mental hurdle for me on this. It's so funny, I remember the 8 weeks it took for my BMW felt like an eternity, and now maybe 8 more weeks at this point feels like its nothing.

Are you also on East Coast?
Old 02-16-2023, 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
agreed - something off here. Even when timing the autotopNL run to 100 kmp is like 4.35 in the estate. Which again should be +.1 for the estate and +.1 for the run up to 62 mph as opposed to 60 mph.
Certainly interesting, I wonder how was the temperature at that time in the Chasing Cars video was there any sort of incline, the information we have in that video is stock 20s with Pilot Sport 4S tires. Was "Race Start" engaged, etc.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
That's sorta what I have been expecting. Really hoping we get a launch in next 2 to 3 weeks, that's the last mental hurdle for me on this. It's so funny, I remember the 8 weeks it took for my BMW felt like an eternity, and now maybe 8 more weeks at this point feels like its nothing.

Are you also on East Coast?
Yes, Florida

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Certainly interesting, I wonder how was the temperature at that time in the Chasing Cars video was there any sort of incline, the information we have in that video is stock 20s with Pilot Sport 4S tires. Was "Race Start" engaged, etc.
All he says is that he tried to get the best time he could. IDK - almost would seem like the charge pipe or something is disconnected with that performance. It's not even close to what I'd expect. probably half a second more than it should be.

I'm fine with the complaints about sound (I did not order the Amg Real Performance Sound) and the ride quality. Not so fine with transmission being jerky and a considerably slower car.

Last edited by alexasa; 02-16-2023 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yes, Florida

All he says is that he tried to get the best time he could. IDK - almost would seem like the charge pipe or something is disconnected with that performance. It's not even close to what I'd expect. probably half a second more than it should be.

I'm fine with the complaints about sound (I did not order the Amg Real Performance Sound) and the ride quality. Not so fine with transmission being jerky and a considerably slower car.
Totally under your feelings and I agree, I was surprised with the test results as well. Hopefully he has a follow up video of what went wrong, I see that he is proactive with responding to comments, maybe you can leave a comment and ask why?
The following users liked this post:
alexasa (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
@Kinematic

https://www.mobile.de/es/Veh%C3%ADcu...360977273.html

Here is full leather with anthracite - hard to tell - but all red accents, sans belts, are now anthracite. Still not upset about it, I've been living with the black/red stitching for a LONG time. Not entirely convinced what will show up. I knew there be at least one enigma on the build - did not expect it to be this one. Looks slightly more bland is these poor quality photos but I think it would look good in person.

Old 02-16-2023, 01:28 PM

@Kinematic

https://www.mobile.de/es/Veh%C3%ADcu...360977273.html

Here is full leather with anthracite - hard to tell - but all red accents, sans belts, are now anthracite. Still not upset about it, I've been living with the black/red stitching for a LONG time. Not entirely convinced what will show up. I knew there be at least one enigma on the build - did not expect it to be this one. Looks slightly more bland is these poor quality photos but I think it would look good in person.

Great, thanks - agree that it's strange they ran into a shortage of red dye and string... haha. I think it still looks great. Red seatbelts still go fine with it in my opinion.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Great, thanks - agree that it's strange they ran into a shortage of red dye and string... haha. I think it still looks great. Red seatbelts still go fine with it in my opinion.
I'm thinking they put in the order wrong or something. Like "make 10 anthracite" on the line and maybe they accidentally added another 0 and made 100. Because the seats have been delayed as is - maybe easier to just stich the entire car to match? idk lol
Old 02-16-2023, 04:34 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2020 C43, 2008 E350
Originally Posted by ylli101
something doesn’t add up. This is the only person that really has had issues with the car, especially the 0-60 time. I’m almost all cases cars are faster than the claimed time.

Seems weird to me
Why do some videos keep saying that the c43 is much much higher priced then the bmw m340i? From what people have said here the base msrp in United States is not far from the m340i

Old 02-16-2023, 04:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by eatmydust
Why do some videos keep saying that the c43 is much much higher priced then the bmw m340i? From what people have said here the base msrp in United States is not far from the m340i
I guess it is mainly Australia and that MB in that market entered an agency price model so no negotiation, plus the higher MSRP. The warranty there is 5 years and unlimited mileage though but that wouldn't matter really.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLA250
Anyone having second thoughts about the C43? I have been watching some of the Australian reviews as well as reading through the C300 thread and looking at some of the issues of this Gen.

I'm concerned about the 48V battery issue that has been affecting many MB mild hybrid cars (Not just C class) for the past 3 years or so.

Even replacing the battery doesn't seem to fix the issue..

I have been thinking about the M340 or M440 which both have gotten really great reviews (mostly because they are 3L inline 6 with a good transmission and good exhaust sound)

Thoughts?

I'm looking for some comfort here
Old 02-17-2023, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Anyone having second thoughts about the C43? I have been watching some of the Australian reviews as well as reading through the C300 thread and looking at some of the issues of this Gen.

I'm concerned about the 48V battery issue that has been affecting many MB mild hybrid cars (Not just C class) for the past 3 years or so.

I have been thinking about the M340 or M440 which both have gotten really great reviews (mostly because they are 3L inline 6 with a good transmission and good exhaust sound)

Thoughts?

I take all reviews with a grain of salt. I am sure there are some pros and some cons, but if you spend some time in bmw forums, you'll find a ton of complaints about m340 engine issues with stalling, issues with some gaskets, etc. I have heard nothing that has immediately concerned me with the c43, and I am still very excited for mine to come in and I am not worried about it. I'll take my order for a test spin once it arrives.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:26 AM

Received 158 Likes on 126 Posts
AMG

Thoughts?

To me personally, m340 is a bit boring looking both inside and out. It's also smaller inside if you care about it. It doesn't have 4 wheel steering. Consider M3 if you're living in the area where you can get one.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2023 C43 AMG

Thoughts?

I have a '21 m340i that was purchased brand new and BMW had to replace the transmission at 24k miles. Thats whats prompted me to look into the C43.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:34 AM

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts
2020 AMG A35
Oh yes definitely. I'm mostly concerned that it's going to be boring and soulless like my B9 S4 was but now I'm also concerned about other things too like the ride feeling cheap (sporty/stiff doesn't have to be brittle/flinty). I started looking at the M340i and have had the G70 as a backup plan.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2023 C43 AMG
You definitely dont have to worry about 'soulless' with the m340! Its a great car. I actually ordered another one and its on the way but I am torn between it and the overall styling/performance of the C43.

What is the hold up with the C43? I've spoken to several dealers and all of theirs are built and just sitting at their respective VPCs.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:44 AM

Received 158 Likes on 126 Posts
AMG
Don't mean to offend anyone, but could be a good idea to test drive one before making a decision how it feels to drive one. I haven't seen a single full test by any reputable publication, only some opinions based on a limited drive; and even those have been far from uniform.
The following users liked this post:
mindfl (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 12:09 PM

2020 AMG A35
Originally Posted by Dima
Don't mean to offend anyone, but could be a good idea to test drive one before making a decision how it feels to drive one. I haven't seen a single full test by any reputable publication, only some opinions based on a limited drive; and even those have been far from uniform.
I'm sure everyone will be test driving one before agreeing to purchase - not only to make sure they like it but also make sure there's nothing funky with their exact car.

I didn't decide my S4 sucked until 5 or 6 months of ownership so there's an inherent risk here. I do value the the opinion of several outlets like Car and Driver so when their review comes out I'll place a lot of weight on what they have to say. My eyebrows initially raised last June when they said, "Overall, the C43 felt closer dynamically to the virtues we would expect from an Audi S4 than any of its rortier and more exciting AMG predecessors." While that could mean the style in which the car goes, it could also indicate the soul or lack thereof.

Thus, I'm concerned.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by wetwillycf
I'm sure everyone will be test driving one before agreeing to purchase - not only to make sure they like it but also make sure there's nothing funky with their exact car.

I didn't decide my S4 sucked until 5 or 6 months of ownership so there's an inherent risk here. I do value the the opinion of several outlets like Car and Driver so when their review comes out I'll place a lot of weight on what they have to say. My eyebrows initially raised last June when they said, "Overall, the C43 felt closer dynamically to the virtues we would expect from an Audi S4 than any of its rortier and more exciting AMG predecessors." While that could mean the style in which the car goes, it could also indicate the soul or lack thereof.

Thus, I'm concerned.
Yeah I am looking forward to some more reviews from other sources. I went into the C43 with tempered expectations having never owned a v6/v8 AMG. This is still very much a daily driver for me that I wanted to have some fun with, versus a rowdy AMG that I use on the weekend here and there. I am a fan of the tech and look of the car, so 'not as much of a soul' wasn't part of the decision I made to go with a c43. I considered an M3 over the last couple of months, but I kept coming back to the overall package of c43 that was realistically what I want.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:26 PM

2020 AMG A35
Yeah I am looking forward to some more reviews from other sources. I went into the C43 with tempered expectations having never owned a v6/v8 AMG. This is still very much a daily driver for me that I wanted to have some fun with, versus a rowdy AMG that I use on the weekend here and there. I am a fan of the tech and look of the car, so 'not as much of a soul' wasn't part of the decision I made to go with a c43. I considered an M3 over the last couple of months, but I kept coming back to the overall package of c43 that was realistically what I want.
I don't know if what I want exists lmao. I've been mostly certain through this process that the C43 was the closest to what I want that I could afford but I'm concerned now. I might just be stuck in the past as well and will need to reckon with the fact that cars are changing. One thing I'll say - the 4 cylinder is not an issue for me whatsoever. I'm cool with it.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I have pulled up the BMW m340 configurator up many times. The 340 interior does nothing for me and the exterior is not far off - although I do prefer the LCI. There is actually a neighbor with a white one parked outside, other than having red brake calipers and just having a generally good greenhouse shape - there's nothing about it that excites me.

I know posting here for almost a year has probably made you numb to the car - but I haven't even seen a car specc'd like mine yet.

If you want pops and bangs from your car - I'd probably look elsewhere. I plan on gently modifying the car and there are plenty of m139 notes that I think sound amazing. I don't have a problem spending 1500 on an aftermarket exhaust to get more character from it (although these solutions might take a little while to hit market).

It is expensive and I am hoping US reviews will wash away fears of transmission issues/inconsistencies with the performance. MB is notorious for bad transmissions. There are so many complaints about the w205 in this regard and definitely my least favorite part of the car. It's actually embarrassing some of the things that the w205 transmission will do at times.

Most w206 c300 issues were specifically to 2022 models. The 48v system might give some of you issues that are waiting on a car to be delivered from VPC that has been sitting idle for 6 months. New battery/software will fix 90% of those problems.

Last edited by alexasa; 02-17-2023 at 12:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide