New 2023 C43/Mercedes Benz Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
23 AMG C43 W206
New 2023 C43/Mercedes Benz Owner Questions

Few questions:

Should launch control work from the get go or do you have to have break in miles complete for it to activate?

Is this the correct thread to post W206 C43 content?

Is there a manufacturer of exhausts that will or is planning to make one for this new generation?

Last question is for a moderator. It looks like I had signed up to this forum in the past but no longer have the email I had when initially signing up and do not have access to it. Is there anyway to change my PW as I don't know it and can't retrieve the email to change it.

Looking forward to discussing this new AMG. Cheers, Brian

The following 2 users liked this post by flyinbrian:
js_cls (05-06-2023), LarryBender (07-14-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C43
Whats up man!

Love the car, just got my C43 a few weeks back.

Sadly i can't answer most your questions BUT i did want to ask: Are we sure you can even launch this cars? To my knowledge there is no Launch Control.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:12 PM

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
AMG
RACE START ▌Information about RACE START RACE START enables optimal vehicle acceleration from a standstill. A suitably high-grip road surface is required for this, and the tires and vehicle must also be in good condition. % Use RACE START only after the vehicle has been run in. % RACE START must not be used in normal road operation. RACE START may be activated and used only on dedicated race circuits, not on public roads
Old 05-05-2023, 05:25 PM

AMG
▌Activating RACE START Requirements: R The vehicle is switched on and the transmission and the engine are at normal operating temperature. R The driver's door is closed. R The front wheels are in a straight-ahead position. R The vehicle is on level ground. R The vehicle is stationary, the brake pedal is depressed (left foot) and the parking brake is released. R The transmission is in position D

One of drive programs C, B or I is selected, Rapidly depress the accelerator pedal fully. The engine speed will increase. % If the activation conditions are not fulfilled, RACE START cannot be used. The RACE START Not Possible See Operator's Manual message appears in the driver's display. # The RACE START Release Brake to Start message appears in the driver's display. % In this phase, you can adjust RACE START depending on the road conditions: you can vary the engine speed by pulling on one of the steering wheel paddle shifters. The segments in the driver's display flicker rapidly. % If the brake pedal is not released after a short while, RACE START will be canceled. The RACE START Canceled message appears in the driver's display. # Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator pedal depressed. The vehicle will pull away at maximum acceleration. The RACE START Active message appears in the driver's display. RACE START will be deactivated immediately if you release the accelerator pedal during RACE START or if any of the activation conditions are no longer fulfilled. The RACE START Canceled message appears in the driver's display. % After using it several times in quick succession, RACE START will be unavailable until a certain distance has been driven.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C43
Originally Posted by Dima
▌Activating RACE START Requirements: R The vehicle is switched on and the transmission and the engine are at normal operating temperature. R The driver's door is closed. R The front wheels are in a straight-ahead position. R The vehicle is on level ground. R The vehicle is stationary, the brake pedal is depressed (left foot) and the parking brake is released. R The transmission is in position D

One of drive programs C, B or I is selected, Rapidly depress the accelerator pedal fully. The engine speed will increase. % If the activation conditions are not fulfilled, RACE START cannot be used. The RACE START Not Possible See Operator's Manual message appears in the driver's display. # The RACE START Release Brake to Start message appears in the driver's display. % In this phase, you can adjust RACE START depending on the road conditions: you can vary the engine speed by pulling on one of the steering wheel paddle shifters. The segments in the driver's display flicker rapidly. % If the brake pedal is not released after a short while, RACE START will be canceled. The RACE START Canceled message appears in the driver's display. # Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator pedal depressed. The vehicle will pull away at maximum acceleration. The RACE START Active message appears in the driver's display. RACE START will be deactivated immediately if you release the accelerator pedal during RACE START or if any of the activation conditions are no longer fulfilled. The RACE START Canceled message appears in the driver's display. % After using it several times in quick succession, RACE START will be unavailable until a certain distance has been driven.

Alright trying this tonight lol. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2023, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
I'm almost sure you need to be over 1000 miles before it's possible. I know I've tried it and have gotten the error mesage
The following users liked this post:
AzurSL (05-08-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 07:01 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa
I'm almost sure you need to be over 1000 miles before it's possible. I know I've tried it and have gotten the error mesage
Yes I think it says so somewhere.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Looks great, congrats!
Old 05-06-2023, 02:14 PM

23 AMG C43 W206
Originally Posted by Savage103
Whats up man!

Love the car, just got my C43 a few weeks back.

Sadly i can't answer most your questions BUT i did want to ask: Are we sure you can even launch this cars? To my knowledge there is no Launch Control.
Thanks. The car does have race start which is another name for launch control. Congrats on your new car, cheers!
Old 05-06-2023, 02:16 PM

23 AMG C43 W206
RACE START ▌Information about RACE START RACE START enables optimal vehicle acceleration from a standstill. A suitably high-grip road surface is required for this, and the tires and vehicle must also be in good condition. % Use RACE START only after the vehicle has been run in. % RACE START must not be used in normal road operation. RACE START may be activated and used only on dedicated race circuits, not on public roads

I've followed the directions but it will always deactivate stating I need to see the manual.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:18 PM

23 AMG C43 W206
Originally Posted by alexasa
Yes I think it says so somewhere.
I believe this might be the problem. Only 600 miles and still doing break in but was just checking to see if it worked, I'll retry after the 1000 mile marker is met. Thank you for the input
Old 05-06-2023, 02:22 PM

23 AMG C43 W206
Originally Posted by js_cls
Looks great, congrats!
Thank you, looking forward to learning more about this vehicle. It is quite a bit different than my last (Lotus Evora GT).
The following users liked this post:
js_cls (05-07-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (RIP), 2023 C43 AMG Sedan
Wrapping Door Handles

I guess this isn't C43 specific, but I'll ask in here anyway since the car is a C43. I have a C43 Coupe and will hopefully be buying the new C43 Sedan today, so I want to do a couple things differently. For 1, I am getting full front PPF. Major mistake on my behalf on my first C43 lol. Secondly, I never really liked the chrome door handles.

So my question is, if I get the door handles wrapped to match the body color will that effect the keyless entry? Is there some sort of wrapping method to avoid blocking the door handle sensors or will the sensors still be able to detect the key even if its wrapped?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,651 Likes on 2,255 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by shadi150
I guess this isn't C43 specific, but I'll ask in here anyway since the car is a C43. I have a C43 Coupe and will hopefully be buying the new C43 Sedan today, so I want to do a couple things differently. For 1, I am getting full front PPF. Major mistake on my behalf on my first C43 lol. Secondly, I never really liked the chrome door handles.

So my question is, if I get the door handles wrapped to match the body color will that effect the keyless entry? Is there some sort of wrapping method to avoid blocking the door handle sensors or will the sensors still be able to detect the key even if its wrapped?

Thanks!
Sorry if this does not answer your question but fyi, the non keyless handles from factory are body coloured, only keyless are chrome. There has to be a reason why MB does that, I would try wrapping the handles and see if it still works.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Sorry if this does not answer your question but fyi, the non keyless handles from factory are body coloured, only keyless are chrome. There has to be a reason why MB does that, I would try wrapping the handles and see if it still works.
Getting my car full front PPF'd next week. I think I'll ask him to wrap my door handles too. If I do it, I will report my results.
Old 06-05-2023, 03:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Getting my car full front PPF'd next week. I think I'll ask him to wrap my door handles too. If I do it, I will report my results.
Yup I guess the only one way to find out holds true, I see hopefully it doesn't interfere with the sensor at the end of the day.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 C43 AMG Sedan
Took delivery of my C43 yesterday and dropped it off this morning to get full front PPF as well as a few other things. Would love to hear back about your findings on the wrap for the door handles as well as I would be looking to do the same to mine but only if it doesn't interfere with the sensors.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by BigBodyBH
Took delivery of my C43 yesterday and dropped it off this morning to get full front PPF as well as a few other things. Would love to hear back about your findings on the wrap for the door handles as well as I would be looking to do the same to mine but only if it doesn't interfere with the sensors.
Since the other forum member didn't update us, what about your car, should be done PPF right, if so any update? no issues with the sensors right?
Old 06-10-2023, 11:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 C43 AMG Sedan
Since the other forum member didn't update us, what about your car, should be done PPF right, if so any update? no issues with the sensors right?
I pick it up on Wednesday. I’m out of town until Tuesday
Old 06-10-2023, 11:45 PM

My appointment was Monday for PPF. Check engine light came on Friday

Legit had the car for 1 week and was semi avoiding driving it until I got it PPF’d and it got a check engine light. Hopefully it’s just a malfunction and they just have to clear the code. Something similar happened with my last AMG but it was a transmission malfunction.

Anyway I don’t think I’m wrapping the door handles anymore anyway. A whole story just to say I’m not wrapping it 😂

As far as PPF, that doesn’t effect sensors. There are cutouts for the sensors.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 C43 AMG
My appointment was Monday for PPF. Check engine light came on Friday

Legit had the car for 1 week and was semi avoiding driving it until I got it PPF’d and it got a check engine light. Hopefully it’s just a malfunction and they just have to clear the code. Something similar happened with my last AMG but it was a transmission malfunction.

Anyway I don’t think I’m wrapping the door handles anymore anyway. A whole story just to say I’m not wrapping it 😂

As far as PPF, that doesn’t effect sensors. There are cutouts for the sensors.
I wrapped the door handles on my new C43 and it didn’t impact keyless at all!

did you get any word on your check engine light? I had the same thing happen to mine a week in. Now a month in, it’s at service for the second time.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jobin
I wrapped the door handles on my new C43 and it didn’t impact keyless at all!

did you get any word on your check engine light? I had the same thing happen to mine a week in. Now a month in, it’s at service for the second time.
That’s good that it worked! Did you just wrap the top portion? Because that’s all that is chrome.

And idk about the check engine light yet. I’m bringing it in tomorrow morning. Hopefully just a code error.

No way it’s in again wth. Is it an engine light again?! This is pretty trash. They must of hand built our cars with some off the street mechanics and reserved their real ones for the 63s.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:43 PM

2023 C43 AMG
That’s good that it worked! Did you just wrap the top portion? Because that’s all that is chrome.

And idk about the check engine light yet. I’m bringing it in tomorrow morning. Hopefully just a code error.

No way it’s in again wth. Is it an engine light again?! This is pretty trash. They must of hand built our cars with some off the street mechanics and reserved their real ones for the 63s.
The company doing the handles called me and said they would have to remove them to properly wrap them. So they did. Based on what they said, more than the top is chrome.

good luck with your case.

yeah engine light again. The first time they said it had something to do with the turbo but everything read fine so they cleared it and of course it came back. They had to open a case and Mercedes said they’re going to replace the turbo. The best part is the turbo is on back order and there’s no ETA. ooph
Old 06-12-2023, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jobin
The company doing the handles called me and said they would have to remove them to properly wrap them. So they did. Based on what they said, more than the top is chrome.

good luck with your case.

yeah engine light again. The first time they said it had something to do with the turbo but everything read fine so they cleared it and of course it came back. They had to open a case and Mercedes said they’re going to replace the turbo. The best part is the turbo is on back order and there’s no ETA. ooph
Sounds good, thanks for the info on the wrap.

Wow the turbo. That sucks man. Figures though because this is the first car in their lineup with the 4 cyl turbo I’m pretty sure. The other ones with the battery assisted turbos are V8s. Like I said not entirely sure. But the first of anything is always a bit difficult.

Update on my case. Started my car this morning and the engine light is gone. Still brought it in to see if there are any stores codes. Service advisor told me that if the light is gone then you’re good. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Will update when they finish. Been here for an hour and still waiting. Didn’t know plugging into the OB2 port to read some codes takes this long. Again idk 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old 06-12-2023, 09:31 AM

2023 C43 AMG
Sounds good, thanks for the info on the wrap.

Wow the turbo. That sucks man. Figures though because this is the first car in their lineup with the 4 cyl turbo I’m pretty sure. The other ones with the battery assisted turbos are V8s. Like I said not entirely sure. But the first of anything is always a bit difficult.

Update on my case. Started my car this morning and the engine light is gone. Still brought it in to see if there are any stores codes. Service advisor told me that if the light is gone then you’re good. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Will update when they finish. Been here for an hour and still waiting. Didn’t know plugging into the OB2 port to read some codes takes this long. Again idk 🤷🏻‍♀️
my light went off on its own as well. It came on went off numerous times at this point. Intermittently the car would misfire on a light acceleration and on occasion the car wouldn’t properly downshift when I would get on it (to pass someone for instance) and the engine would just struggle. With those problems being intermittent I’m not confident that service truly knows what’s going on with my car because they haven’t experienced it. Hopefully the turbo replacement takes care of it but we’ll see.

all that to say, I wouldn’t assume you’re good just because the light went off. But hopefully you are!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2023 C43/Mercedes Benz Owner Questions