Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by TT C6
Give up your pathetic arguments.

We already told you what the car ACTUALLY WEIGHS ON A SCALE IN THE REAL WORLD, so STFU already.

You didn't tell me anything. You don't even own an AMG.

They're not arguments. They're numbers.

I'm sorry that I completely destroyed your little Motor Trend/manufacturer independent data argument.

I set out the proof, in black and white, and proved that you're wrong.

I'm sorry you're using one guy's weight measurement as the basis for your entire argument.

But since at least three other members here have labeled you as a troll, I suppose I should follow my own advice and stop feeding you.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zibby43

You didn't tell me anything. You don't even own an AMG.

They're not arguments. They're numbers.

I'm sorry that I completely destroyed your little Motor Trend/manufacturer independent data argument.

I set out the proof, in black and white, and proved that you're wrong.

I'm sorry you're using one guy's weight measurement as the basis for your entire argument.

But since at least three other members here have labeled you as a troll, I suppose I should follow my own advice and stop feeding you.

Why don't you just go weigh your car instead of arguing about something you can simply measure yourself?

Is it because you've never tracked a car and don't know where the scale is trackside?
Is it because you're too lazy to google the closest highway weighing station to you and simply run your car over there?
Old 02-05-2014, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV

Why don't you just go weigh your car instead of arguing about something you can simply measure yourself?
It's a moot point. Regardless of whether it weighs 3,800 lbs or 4,000 lbs, the W204 C63 is a fairly heavy car. But it doesn't matter, because it still performs well and it's fun to drive.

I don't know why you get so angry and worked up when posting on here. Every time I throw a different data point out there you personally attack me.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Banned

It's a moot point. Regardless of whether it weighs 3,800 lbs or 4,000 lbs, the W204 C63 is a fairly heavy car. But it doesn't matter, because it still performs well and it's fun to drive.

I don't know why you get so angry and worked up when posting on here. Every time I throw a different data point out there you personally attack me.
So, when you're called out to weigh your car which will result in you being proved wrong, you try to change the subject?
WEAK.

To answer your question: It's because your posts are lazy, stupid and try to argue with the facts that have been posted.

Now, I criticized your POSTS, and not YOU, so don't go crying to the mods FOR A THIRD TIME saying that YOU have been insults, like you have already done twice in the last 24 hours.

Last edited by TT C6; 02-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:45 PM

335i
anyone know how many horses will the new beast have?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by zltm089
anyone know how many horses will the new beast have?
Anywhere from 450-600.

Likely figure: 480.

493 is another number that has been thrown around a lot.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
So, when you're called out to weigh your car which will result in you being proved wrong, you try to change the subject?
WEAK.

To answer your question: It's because your posts are lazy, stupid and try to argue with the facts that have been posted.

Now, I criticized your POSTS, and not YOU, so don't go crying to the mods FOR A THIRD TIME saying that YOU have been insults, like you have already done twice in the last 24 hours.
You are the same Troll who is on a different site insulting people aren't you.

Maybe you should get over the 'it's everyone else, not me' and realize that perhaps it is in fact you.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM

10 C63
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
You live in DC? How often does it snow there? lol.
Its quite easy, for the 2-3 days it snows every 3 years just don't drive like an idiot and you will be OK.
The C63 will be more fun to drive that an E63.
On avg over the 20+ yrs I've lived in this area, we get about 2-3 snow storms of 2+ inches which isn't much. But a car isn't something that your world should revolve around in terms of 'can I leave the house w/o worrying about getting stranded?' It's unnecessary stress for me having to constantly check weather to know which car to drive or if to even drive at all.

I remember trying to simply move my c63 from the driveway into the garage about 20 ft in 1" of snow (granted on the factory continental tires)..... what a nightmare. A simple tap of the accelerator and rear wheel spin. Let's just say I left the car out in the snow as trying to move up a 5 deg incline (driveway) wasn't worth the effort as it actually was slightly rolling back rather than forward.

The main argument for me is why not make it an option? I'd understand if the entire C line or perhaps the AMG line did NOT come in 4matic, but why just the c63? Just think I should have the option to buy a car I want in this day/age in the configuration I want.

Last edited by pdjafari; 02-10-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer
I'm right there with you. These newer cars remind me of the 70s clunkers--more than a little odd. The '14 E-class is ugly, so is the new C and S.

While Audi may not be exciting to look at, at least they haven't ruined the looks like BMW and MB has in the last six months. Maybe it's time I seriously look into that S8...

What am I doing? Well, I'm stockpiling all the older cars I actually like to look at.
Agreed! WTF happen to the lines?
Old 02-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by pdjafari
On avg over the 20+ yrs I've lived in this area, we get about 2-3 snow storms of 2+ inches which isn't much. But a car isn't something that your world should revolve around in terms of 'can I leave the house w/o worrying about getting stranded?' It's unnecessary stress for me having to constantly check weather to know which car to drive or if to even drive at all.

I remember trying to simply move my c63 from the driveway into the garage about 20 ft in 1" of snow (granted on the factory continental tires)..... what a nightmare. A simple tap of the accelerator and rear wheel spin. Let's just say I left the car out in the snow as trying to move up a 5 deg incline (driveway) wasn't worth the effort as it actually was slightly rolling back rather than forward.

The main argument for me is why not make it an option? I'd understand if the entire C line or perhaps the AMG line did NOT come in 4matic, but why just the c63? Just think I should have the option to buy a car I want in this day/age in the configuration I want.

My C63 has a Tune from Eurocharged, EuroSpec OEM Airbox's with KNs, and I have blizzacks all around, and I can tell you that I have had no issues. Yes its not as easy like an Audi, but the tires are such a huge part. Just like other guy said, need to be able to use your power. In this sense, get her moving in the snow. I drove in inches of snow more than 2+, in this current -25 below Winters in Chicago.

It drives better than our X5M on all Seasons in most cases, no joke. that is also with my Wife driving both cars. If I had winters on the X5, probably better but, still. The c63 in winter is not bad, I drive it as my DD in freaking Chicago weather. You are not sliding all over with that ESC on. It works really well.

Don't know why people are so stuck on AWD, I get it, but it has its purposes and so does a RWD. AWD in the C63 to me would suck. But having an option for AWD for RWD would be cool but doubt it. Merc will invest that in the E class and up. But not for the C63. Maybe in the newer 2015, but the RWD in the current w204 C63 was the right decision by Mercedes, but that is me.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by ecampbell
You are the same Troll who is on a different site insulting people aren't you.

Maybe you should get over the 'it's everyone else, not me' and realize that perhaps it is in fact you.
+1

I didn't know he had a history of doing this elsewhere.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
+1

I didn't know he had a history of doing this elsewhere.
Of course he does! Out of respect to the board I won't post the link here but perhaps you could google his name (same on the other board) and you would see.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by BigVic
My C63 has a Tune from Eurocharged, EuroSpec OEM Airbox's with KNs, and I have blizzacks all around, and I can tell you that I have had no issues. Yes its not as easy like an Audi, but the tires are such a huge part. Just like other guy said, need to be able to use your power. In this sense, get her moving in the snow. I drove in inches of snow more than 2+, in this current -25 below Winters in Chicago.

It drives better than our X5M on all Seasons in most cases, no joke. that is also with my Wife driving both cars. If I had winters on the X5, probably better but, still. The c63 in winter is not bad, I drive it as my DD in freaking Chicago weather. You are not sliding all over with that ESC on. It works really well.

Don't know why people are so stuck on AWD, I get it, but it has its purposes and so does a RWD. AWD in the C63 to me would suck. But having an option for AWD for RWD would be cool but doubt it. Merc will invest that in the E class and up. But not for the C63. Maybe in the newer 2015, but the RWD in the current w204 C63 was the right decision by Mercedes, but that is me.
I have blizzaks too and , with common sense of course, the car is perfectly fine for winter. It is a German car. the car heats up quick, the seats warm up quick, it is a car that is made for winter...other than 507bhp to the rear wheels. I find it trickier to drive than my 2011 which did not have LSD, though.

I applaud AMG for sticking with rear drive!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by coladin
I have blizzaks too and , with common sense of course, the car is perfectly fine for winter. It is a German car. the car heats up quick, the seats warm up quick, it is a car that is made for winter...other than 507bhp to the rear wheels. I find it trickier to drive than my 2011 which did not have LSD, though.

I applaud AMG for sticking with rear drive!
Coladin....small clarification...507 BHP or 507 to the wheels?
Old 02-14-2014, 12:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Coladin....small clarification...507 BHP or 507 to the wheels?
507 bhp, sorry about that!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:53 PM

2012 c63 sedan
The most disappointed thing for me is no WAGON option for USA! I SOOOO wanted the 2012 c63 amg wagon.. e63 wagon is 4700+lbs and doesn't have the 5+2 option, but I still want it!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by late_bloomer
The most disappointed thing for me is no WAGON option for USA! I SOOOO wanted the 2012 c63 amg wagon.. e63 wagon is 4700+lbs and doesn't have the 5+2 option, but I still want it!
Where did you see 4700+? I am pretty sure that it is only a few pounds heavier than the Sedan.

edit: Wow I found it... good lord... 4700lbs

Last edited by Tjdehya; 02-17-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:56 PM

Gtr
Since this thread is a bit quiet When I went to the Montreal auto show, I saw the marketing or sales manager for Canada, don't remember his name but I like to share those stories...

When I asked if he had informations about the upcoming the C63, he laughed at me and says "I'm the marketing manager for Canada, i'm paid to know a lot more than you probably do"... OK... So I asked if the C63 was confirmed to be RWD and he stated "Yes it will be RWD but if you want the fastest car you would ever own, almost as fast as the next C63, get the CLA45"... I then told him that I wanted V8, AWD and he said "If you can't live with RWD, you can go at Audi but you'll come back running begging us to take back your Audi" and he turned his back and continued to laugh...

What a jerk, I hope MB reads our posts sometimes and take notes...
Old 02-23-2014, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
Originally Posted by CoOlSlY
Since this thread is a bit quiet When I went to the Montreal auto show, I saw the marketing or sales manager for Canada, don't remember his name but I like to share those stories...

When I asked if he had informations about the upcoming the C63, he laughed at me and says "I'm the marketing manager for Canada, i'm paid to know a lot more than you probably do"... OK... So I asked if the C63 was confirmed to be RWD and he stated "Yes it will be RWD but if you want the fastest car you would ever own, almost as fast as the next C63, get the CLA45"... I then told him that I wanted V8, AWD and he said "If you can't live with RWD, you can go at Audi but you'll come back running begging us to take back your Audi" and he turned his back and continued to laugh...

What a jerk, I hope MB reads our posts sometimes and take notes...
The interior quality of the Audi RS5 was superior to the C63, C63 performance Pack, C63 edition 507 and C63 Black series but going by what the new C-class looks like I think Audi will fall behind. If you want AWD MB sedans there are plenty of MB AMG V8's that can do that for you, E63-S, CLS63-S,S63 etc so its not like you don't have options.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Originally Posted by cookstar
The interior quality of the Audi RS5 was superior to the C63, C63 performance Pack, C63 edition 507 and C63 Black series but going by what the new C-class looks like I think Audi will fall behind. If you want AWD MB sedans there are plenty of MB AMG V8's that can do that for you, E63-S, CLS63-S,S63 etc so its not like you don't have options.
The only thing to watch out for is MB will show cars that have all the options available in Europe. A lot of those options are not available in the states. Like full leather options you can find in Europe that look really good in the marketing pictures, but the one that comes to the states is hard vinyl dash and trim and you can't option the good stuff. It's really annoying they do that.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
The only thing to watch out for is MB will show cars that have all the options available in Europe. A lot of those options are not available in the states. Like full leather options you can find in Europe that look really good in the marketing pictures, but the one that comes to the states is hard vinyl dash and trim and you can't option the good stuff. It's really annoying they do that.
I hope the W205 has a full leather interior(including dash).
Old 02-26-2014, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I hope the W205 has a full leather interior(including dash).
If they kept it for the CLA then I am sure that it will be avialable for the W205.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
If they kept it for the CLA then I am sure that it will be avialable for the W205.
US CLA dash is vinyl. It's got some stitching to look like leather, but it's not.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
US CLA dash is vinyl. It's got some stitching to look like leather, but it's not.
It has the option for MB-Tex. The discussion is about what will be available to the US market, not what is standard.
MB-Tex is the only "leather" dash you will find in a MB lower than the S-Class.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
It has the option for MB-Tex. The discussion is about what will be available to the US market, not what is standard.
MB-Tex is the only "leather" dash you will find in a MB lower than the S-Class.
Maybe that will change? BMW is offering a full leather dash on the M3/M4. It adds a level of elegance. What sucks is, you'll have to take care of it. The sun beating down on it won't be good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chris Harris confirms next C63 will be RWD