Sponsored by:

C63s estate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A45, Amarok, C63s Edition 1 wagon.
C63s estate

It's here! I won't get a chance to pick it up for another week, but it's here!

I ordered back in September 2015 and it landed in Australia a little over a week ago. It's an Australia spec C63s Edition 1 wagon in Iridium Silver - which means it comes with all of the goodies apart from the carbon ceramic brakes.

The first thing I will do once I drive it 400km home is to have it wrapped in Xpel Stealth for an Iridium Silver Magno effect

Stay tuned...
Old 02-16-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limbo
Sick!!
Old 02-16-2016, 11:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Nice ride mate. Looking forward to seeing the updates.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
oh yes.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55 AMG | Buell Lightning XB12
Congratulations!! Envious!
Old 02-17-2016, 09:09 PM

Thanks, guys I'm really looking forward to it. I could be picking it up tomorrow but I have a conference all day and best man duties at a wedding on Saturday, and the dealer is 400km away.

I'm still undecided about Xpel Stealth or Ultimate. I'll have to see the car in the flesh first
Old 02-17-2016, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
SOOOOOOO SICK!!! Love the wagon!!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:42 AM

Sigh. I got a call from my sales guy tonight with some bad news. The car won't be ready to pick up on Tuesday. Apparently it's subject to some service campaign that requires parts from Germany, and those parts won't be available until mid March. I can't take delivery of the car before then.

Does anyone have any idea what's up? The car was built in Germany in early December.

My sales guy doesn't have much information right now (he called me from home, not work) and probably won't know for sure until next week. I'm curious more than anything else. As much as I'd like the car ASAP, I'm strangely not at all annoyed about the delay.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:28 PM

So, there's an update...!

Dear Dealer

We wish to update you on service action “AC6004b - Change Screw Connection on Car Body Control Arm”.

As you are aware, this red flag service action is holding the release and delivery of some C-Class and GLC SUV vehicles and we understand putting pressure on month end.
So, whatever that means. The bits might be available next week.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG C63 S
More angles/pictures! That color
Old 02-25-2016, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
More angles/pictures! That color
I'll take a bunch of photos once I actually get it!
Old 03-12-2016, 07:03 PM

So... the car is ready but I'm disorganised and won't be ready to pick it up for another 8 days, despite spending some time with the car yesterday. Sorry for the crappy iPhone photos!

I think it looks great and it sounds amazing. 8 days... argh!
Old 03-12-2016, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Love the red stitching

on the seats

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 03-16-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

Love the red stitching

on the seats

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Thanks, DB. I really love the interior. I've said a few times on this forum that I only really went with Edition 1 for the interior, which I decided upon sight unseen. I'm so glad I did because I think it looks amazing. The red infused carbon fibre works so well with the red stitching, and I'm glad I went with black seatbelts because the red stitching and red seatbelts aren't the same shade of red! Even the edition 1 exterior has grown on me

Four more sleeps. I feel like a kid at Christmas
Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 PM

It's here!

On Sunday I drove to the dealer at Mount Gambier in my much loved 8 year old Volkswagen R36 and arrived at my friend's house just in time to be handed a beer and watch the Formula 1 race.

On Monday morning I took delivery of the C63 - swapped the R36 keys and a cheque for the C63 keys. Back to my friend's place to pick up my overnight bag and we were on the road!

We arrived home a few hours later where it joined the A45 in the garage. Wow. What a car - what an epic touring car. It's quiet, comfortable, fast, reasonably efficient for a brand new car, and full of features that meant I arrived home 400km later feeling very fresh. It made the R36 feel like hard work: much more cabin noise, much worse suspension, and very few driver aids. Then again, I guess an improvement is to be expected over 8 years and twice the money.

I've already taken to starting it in sport+ mode but it's still not really loud enough for me yet. I'm thinking a secondary cat delete will be my first modification but I'll give it another 1000km before I make up my mind. Sport+ seems comfortable enough on the brief journey I've taken in the city and even on crap South Australian country roads it was fine. Comfort was more comfortable, but there was nothing wrong with Sport+.

I'm impressed. Order to delivery was about 7 months. The car was built in Germany in mid December and arrived in Australia in early February, but there was an issue that needed to be fixed and then I just couldn't get the time to go pick the car up until now. I think it's been worth the wait and the expense

Great success!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
I am 150,000% percent jealous and am currently saturated in envy from head to toe.

Congrats!
Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by finch!
It's here!

On Sunday I drove to the dealer at Mount Gambier in my much loved 8 year old Volkswagen R36 and arrived at my friend's house just in time to be handed a beer and watch the Formula 1 race.

On Monday morning I took delivery of the C63 - swapped the R36 keys and a cheque for the C63 keys. Back to my friend's place to pick up my overnight bag and we were on the road!

We arrived home a few hours later where it joined the A45 in the garage. Wow. What a car - what an epic touring car. It's quiet, comfortable, fast, reasonably efficient for a brand new car, and full of features that meant I arrived home 400km later feeling very fresh. It made the R36 feel like hard work: much more cabin noise, much worse suspension, and very few driver aids. Then again, I guess an improvement is to be expected over 8 years and twice the money.

I've already taken to starting it in sport+ mode but it's still not really loud enough for me yet. I'm thinking a secondary cat delete will be my first modification but I'll give it another 1000km before I make up my mind. Sport+ seems comfortable enough on the brief journey I've taken in the city and even on crap South Australian country roads it was fine. Comfort was more comfortable, but there was nothing wrong with Sport+.

I'm impressed. Order to delivery was about 7 months. The car was built in Germany in mid December and arrived in Australia in early February, but there was an issue that needed to be fixed and then I just couldn't get the time to go pick the car up until now. I think it's been worth the wait and the expense

Great success!
Congrats! No doubt it was worth the wait

The ED1 looks good in the wagon
Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s
Look so nice, love it.

Do you mind to disclose your purchase price, I am living in Melbourne, just about to get a grey edition 1 estate.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
loooove the car man! Jealous! Congrats!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sanch
Congrats! No doubt it was worth the wait

The ED1 looks good in the wagon
Thanks, mate. I'm loving the Edition 1 wagon - it's subtle, but still gets the right amount of attention from the right people and no attention at all at the right time. I feel comfortable parking it on the street overnight when I'm at my girlfriend's place, and I love the way it just blends in. I also love the kudos from other car nerds. I walked back to the car a while ago and found an old guy checking it out - he was looking for the child seat! I told him that I'm not married and I don't have kids, but I love wagons. He though that was hilarious.

It was definitely worth the wait. To be honest, I didn't love the car at first but I do now. I'll be back in Australia in a few weeks and the first thing I want to do is drive. That's the worst thing about being away... not driving my car. Don't tell my girlfriend I said that :o

Originally Posted by Hsun49
Do you mind to disclose your purchase price, I am living in Melbourne, just about to get a grey edition 1 estate.
Hi! I can't tell you exactly what I paid - I'm in Asia and won't be home to check the paperwork until late July. From memory, it was $169xxx. Give or take a couple of thousand dollars.

You won't regret it. They're not loud enough, but they are epic cars I will fix the loudness thing at some point, but at the moment I just don't drive it enough to worry about it. It's done 2900km since March!

Originally Posted by alexasa
loooove the car man! Jealous! Congrats!
Thanks, mate. Don't be jealous! DEMAND a wagon
Old 06-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
You won't regret it. They're not loud enough, but they are epic cars I will fix the loudness thing at some point...
Will be ready when you are, Finch. Enjoy the travels
Old 06-29-2016, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
Will be ready when you are, Finch. Enjoy the travels
Josh! It's just a matter of time Once I'm back home more often... yup. I can't wait

The travels are a bit... grating, to be honest. I want to be home!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Josh! It's just a matter of time Once I'm back home more often... yup. I can't wait

The travels are a bit... grating, to be honest. I want to be home!
With the estate in the garage waiting for you I do not blame you for a second... and the galfriend, too, of course
Old 06-29-2016, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
So... the car is ready but I'm disorganised and won't be ready to pick it up for another 8 days, despite spending some time with the car yesterday. Sorry for the crappy iPhone photos!

I think it looks great and it sounds amazing. 8 days... argh!
Gorgeous car! Enjoy!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
beautiful, love the wagon! more interior shots!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63s estate