C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Happy to hear a retrofit is possible. I was also told by my dealer that a retrofit wasn't possible, but I was compensated well and the mirrors aren't a huge deal to me (I received a $3,000 check plus 3 years pre-paid maintenance for free).

Good to know we can retrofit if we absolutely want to.
Um, what? All I got was an extra year of warranty... How in hell did you get that?????
Old 11-11-2016, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s Coupe
Same Boat

Originally Posted by jhillman
Even my window sticker with my VIN listed "power folding mirrors" under the Premium 3 package details. There was no way to find out they were missing until I looked for the button the night I took the car home from the dealership (i.e., physical inspection). To my count, 4 users including myself have reported this exact issue on their US-delivered C63S coupes. Still hoping for a parts retrofit to resolve this.

hey I just accepted delivery of my C63 S Coupe (2 days ago) and realized I didn't have folding mirrors. That brought me to this thread and I immediately made an account haha.
Has there been any progress/ updates from your personal dealers/ MBUSA?

Edit: Sorry just read further. So what exactly should I be looking to get my dealer to do? This is really bothering me as I thought I had just bought a perfect car

Last edited by Parth141; 11-11-2016 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:06 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Parth141
hey I just accepted delivery of my C63 S Coupe (2 days ago) and realized I didn't have folding mirrors. That brought me to this thread and I immediately made an account haha.
Has there been any progress/ updates from your personal dealers/ MBUSA?

Edit: Sorry just read further. So what exactly should I be looking to get my dealer to do? This is really bothering me as I thought I had just bought a perfect car
You got double screwed. First off, my car without folding mirrors had a q03 package rather than a p03 package, which I believe cost around 500 less or so, I will have to post back when I can look at the sticker. Second, your dealer should have given you something, mine knocked the price of the car down 2400 which is what the cost of the 4 year maintenance is. Essentially, free maintenance. Call them and demand they 1. give you the cost difference, as you paid for a p3 car and got a q3 car, and 2. give you free maintenance or extended warranty.
The following users liked this post:
Parth141 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:32 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by jkob5
You got double screwed. First off, my car without folding mirrors had a q03 package rather than a p03 package, which I believe cost around 500 less or so, I will have to post back when I can look at the sticker. Second, your dealer should have given you something, mine knocked the price of the car down 2400 which is what the cost of the 4 year maintenance is. Essentially, free maintenance. Call them and demand they 1. give you the cost difference, as you paid for a p3 car and got a q3 car, and 2. give you free maintenance or extended warranty.
Yes, definitely go back to the dealer and demand compensation. If they don't, give the car back and wait for another build. If you need the car as a DD, they need to give you a free loaner while you wait.
Parth141 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:53 AM

C63s Coupe
Sticker

So here is a pic of my sticker. I saw that they changed it to QO3 which like some people said is $150 off the regular $5500 for the PO3 but definitely no where near fair. I shot my dealer a text so hopefully will have a reply by tomorrow.

Also quick question, are you guys missing a button on the drivers side? where the HUD and lane keeping assist and stuff is? Just asking because i got my car fully specced and found it odd that i would still be missing a button.

Last edited by Parth141; 11-11-2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:32 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe

So here is a pic of my sticker. I saw that they changed it to QO3 which like some people said is $150 off the regular $5500 for the PO3 but definitely no where near fair. I shot my dealer a text so hopefully will have a reply by tomorrow.

Also quick question, are you guys missing a button on the drivers side? where the HUD and lane keeping assist and stuff is? Just asking because i got my car fully specced and found it odd that i would still be missing a button.
MBUSA has been worthless, but I wasn't taking no as an answer with my dealer so finally after weeks got them to agree to try the retrofit. 24 hrs later, parts installed, COMAND coded, and all is working fine. The missing right button is for night vision not available until you get into higher classes. They must reuse that strip of switches for those other models.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Um, what? All I got was an extra year of warranty... How in hell did you get that?????
I went directly to the GM of my dealership when I discovered my car didn't have the power folding option when I picked the car up in Germany for European Delivery (I put a little over 600 miles on it during that trip last month). I paid my car fully in cash and had a deposit down for it for over 9 months. I was offered 2 options - to re-order the car (it was a 4-5 month wait), or take the car as is with a $3,000 good will check. I negotiated the additional 3 years pre-paid maintenance.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:01 AM

C63s
MBUSA has been worthless, but I wasn't taking no as an answer with my dealer so finally after weeks got them to agree to try the retrofit. 24 hrs later, parts installed, COMAND coded, and all is working fine. The missing right button is for night vision not available until you get into higher classes. They must reuse that strip of switches for those other models.
Nice. Please share when available. I've been told by two different dealers that a retrofit isn't possible. One told me the programming can't be done and the other told me parts weren't available. Not surprised on the parts, though, because I need a new headlamp AND new COMAND system, neither of which are available at the moment.

FYI I asked for prepaid maintenance + extended warranty. They (MBUSA) came back said one or the other, but not both. I countered with extended warranty (for a total of 7 years/100k miles) + retro fit. They agreed but so far no luck on the retrofit. Apparently they "tried". I will continue to hassle.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
ED1 e63S
Hey Parth, are you in Richardson, TX? I think I saw you in Garland on Wednesday and gave you a wave. I live in Richardson as well. Small world!

Last edited by OrientBlue3; 11-11-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:49 PM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by csleee
Nice. Please share when available. I've been told by two different dealers that a retrofit isn't possible. One told me the programming can't be done and the other told me parts weren't available. Not surprised on the parts, though, because I need a new headlamp AND new COMAND system, neither of which are available at the moment.

FYI I asked for prepaid maintenance + extended warranty. They (MBUSA) came back said one or the other, but not both. I countered with extended warranty (for a total of 7 years/100k miles) + retro fit. They agreed but so far no luck on the retrofit. Apparently they "tried". I will continue to hassle.
Of course they told you not possible. That's the easiest answer, and a sad sign MB is not willing to go above and beyond to rectify their mistake in the name of customer service. My car is living proof it IS possible.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:32 PM

C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
Hey Parth, are you in Richardson, TX? I think I saw you in Garland on Wednesday and gave you a wave. I live in Richardson as well. Small world!
Haha yea I live in Richardson. Small world indeed!
Old 11-11-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW328ix, AMG C43
Spoke today with my sales advisor, about my c43 order supposed to be assembled at the beginning of December. He said that ANY changes to the order during production would appear highlighted in some system, and even since they had this happening with some cars, it did not happen yet with cars on order by persons, rather with some of the ones ordered by the dealership. Anyways, I asked to be kept up to date with anything that changes, and he really seemed confident that everything would go well.

I guess I'll have to wait and see...
Old 11-12-2016, 09:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 GLC 63
Power folding mirror issue

[QUOTE=jhillman;6966560]MBUSA has been worthless, but I wasn't taking no as an answer with my dealer so finally after weeks got them to agree to try the retrofit. 24 hrs later, parts installed, COMAND coded, and all is working fine. The missing right button is for night vision not available until you get into higher classes. They must reuse that strip of switches for those other models.[/QUOTE

Which dealership in texas? Want to share with my dealership in silver spring Maryland. They are willing to do this if its possible.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:43 PM

ED1 e63S
Haha yea I live in Richardson. Small world indeed!
Awesome! I have a Palladium Silver Edition 1 sedan. Say what up if you see me!
Old 11-13-2016, 01:09 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
[QUOTE=dviolagis;6967424]
MBUSA has been worthless, but I wasn't taking no as an answer with my dealer so finally after weeks got them to agree to try the retrofit. 24 hrs later, parts installed, COMAND coded, and all is working fine. The missing right button is for night vision not available until you get into higher classes. They must reuse that strip of switches for those other models.[/QUOTE

Which dealership in texas? Want to share with my dealership in silver spring Maryland. They are willing to do this if its possible.
Mercedes of Plano
dviolagis (11-13-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 03:30 PM

C63s Coupe
So I directly contacted MBUSA and spoke to a rep. She told me that the retrofit is possible and said she would get that taken care of for me. I told her that I have read this forum and others have gotten free maintenance/ extended warranty. She said that would no be possible because "there is nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle". I explained to her that having to bring my car in for the retrofit is an inconvenience to me, as the vehicle should have came the way I ordered it in the first place. She said she would talk to her superiors and see what she can do but that extended warranty was out of question. Not sure how i feel about that, guess I will have to see what they do offer me.

If anyone is still having difficulties with their dealer about retrofitting, I seriously recommend contacting MBUSA directly, as my dealership was telling me that a retrofit was not possible.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:49 PM

ED1 e63S
So I directly contacted MBUSA and spoke to a rep. She told me that the retrofit is possible and said she would get that taken care of for me. I told her that I have read this forum and others have gotten free maintenance/ extended warranty. She said that would no be possible because "there is nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle". I explained to her that having to bring my car in for the retrofit is an inconvenience to me, as the vehicle should have came the way I ordered it in the first place. She said she would talk to her superiors and see what she can do but that extended warranty was out of question. Not sure how i feel about that, guess I will have to see what they do offer me.

If anyone is still having difficulties with their dealer about retrofitting, I seriously recommend contacting MBUSA directly, as my dealership was telling me that a retrofit was not possible.
Bummer dude! Hope they resolve this for you. Post some pics of your ride!
Old 11-16-2016, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s

Having your car torn apart, door panels removed, etc., Is a huge issue. An extended warranty to cover the fact they are tearing your car apart to put it back to the way you ordered it is definitely worth the warranty... Period.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:00 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Having your car torn apart, door panels removed, etc., Is a huge issue. An extended warranty to cover the fact they are tearing your car apart to put it back to the way you ordered it is definitely worth the warranty... Period.
How about having to have the transmission replaced after 6 weeks and 1,300 miles? That's where they're at as of today after replacing the value body and TCM and applying a software update. Oh, and having to replace the rear spoiler since it was warped and sticking up on one side? Hey at least they retrofitted the mirrors and fixed the rattles (allegedly--I haven't had my car back to confirm). It's been in the shop for 9 days now. Definitely not a great start!!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:09 AM

C63s Coupe
How about having to have the transmission replaced after 6 weeks and 1,300 miles? That's where they're at as of today after replacing the value body and TCM and applying a software update. Oh, and having to replace the rear spoiler since it was warped and sticking up on one side? Hey at least they retrofitted the mirrors and fixed the rattles (allegedly--I haven't had my car back to confirm). It's been in the shop for 9 days now. Definitely not a great start!!
Uh oh. This is at MB Plano right? That is the closest dealership to me (bought my car from MB Georgetown) and so I requested to have my retrofit done there. Seeing the situation they placed you in is making me antsy now.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:11 AM

C63s Coupe
Haha Orient, will def do. Hopefully by next week. Having it clear bra'd and wrapped right now.

Last edited by Parth141; 11-17-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:26 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Uh oh. This is at MB Plano right? That is the closest dealership to me (bought my car from MB Georgetown) and so I requested to have my retrofit done there. Seeing the situation they placed you in is making me antsy now.
MB Plano has been great. MBUSA has been horrible. These are factory issues, so I don't hold the dealership accountable, and they seem to be doing everything they can to make things right.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Yeah, that more than qualifies!!!
Damn, man.
I'm getting really nervous about this purchase!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Recently picked up my C43 coupe, which has folding mirrors and all of the equipment as ordered.

HOWEVER, when I put it in reverse, the passenger side mirror rotates up to show me the sky instead of down to show me the curb! Guess I should get that checked out.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:15 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW328ix, AMG C43
Originally Posted by bweinber
Recently picked up my C43 coupe, which has folding mirrors and all of the equipment as ordered.

HOWEVER, when I put it in reverse, the passenger side mirror rotates up to show me the sky instead of down to show me the curb! Guess I should get that checked out.
I guess while in reverse, adjust your mirror. I had that happening with my previous 2013 c300. It's fixable.
bweinber (11-17-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!