Sponsored by:

Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
woah. Wishing the best for you and your wife.

looks like a VERY hard hit, indeed. Looks like the car handled it well, despite all.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s coupe
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
that sucks to hear man. i was recommended to do this, and i think you should too: contact MBUSA directly, their corporate office should be a lot more helpful with issues than a dealership.

did the ford's insurance cover everything?
Thanks - I will contact MB USA directly! ... we still haven't settled everything yet on the insurance - so far they haven't paid a thing. Don't know the limits on her policy yet - but they did agree on the $34k costs that's been racked up. I still have another $25k plus in diminished value claim I'll be going after once I get my car back. Between my costs, my wife's medical costs and her pain and suffering claims - we're probably around looking around $200k plus.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:03 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by alexasa
woah. Wishing the best for you and your wife.

looks like a VERY hard hit, indeed. Looks like the car handled it well, despite all.
Thanks! ... yes, was a hard hit - I was surprised at the difference in damage between the two vehicles. Built like a tank...
Old 07-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C63s Cabriolet
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but isn't that a fairly dark aftermarket tint on those back light?
Old 07-05-2017, 08:24 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Hoop
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but isn't that a fairly dark aftermarket tint on those back light?
Only medium dark. Exceeds greatly all my states minimum requirements for visibility. The brakes are still extremely visible. 3rd brake light (center top) not tinted. State Highway police and insurance agent - not a problem.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Ask the parts department for the special procurement case# and give that to the MBUSA rep. This will make sure the dealer has done everything in their power to escalate. Good luck sir.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Vectored Lines
Only medium dark. Exceeds greatly all my states minimum requirements for visibility.
Sorry, just curious. Your state tests the ability of tint film by all the different manufactures, as to how much it diminishes visibility? Your "medium" tint exceeds greatly the min. requirements. How's that work exactly.

Again, just curious how this works.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:40 AM

C63s coupe
Sorry, just curious. Your state tests the ability of tint film by all the different manufactures, as to how much it diminishes visibility? Your "medium" tint exceeds greatly the min. requirements. How's that work exactly.

Again, just curious how this works.
Under Ohio law, every vehicle must have “at least one tail light mounted on the rear” that, when lighted, must “emit a red light visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear.”

I tested mine and visibility was well over half a mile in broad daylight.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:48 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Ask the parts department for the special procurement case# and give that to the MBUSA rep. This will make sure the dealer has done everything in their power to escalate. Good luck sir.
I called MBUSA yesterday and they said they escalated it to *executive level" - they were too busy from the long weekend holiday to address it right there on the spot - but an "executive" would call me today to address the situation.

I'll call the parts dept back to see if they have a case # to give to MBUSA rep. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2017, 02:27 PM

C63s coupe
MBUSA called me back today and escalated the priority to this case as high as it possibly can... still no answer as to when I'll get my missing muffler though. But after complaining about my 3 month stalled out situation on top of not originally receiving the car I ordered - they offered me an additional $4K off of what ever I can negotiate with my dealer for a new C63S (I mentioned I won't keep the repaired car but might order another new one). Dealer already said he would repeat same deal and sell at invoice costs as well... still thinking about it.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:10 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Under Ohio law, every vehicle must have “at least one tail light mounted on the rear” that, when lighted, must “emit a red light visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear.”

I tested mine and visibility was well over half a mile in broad daylight.
I think you missed this part...

C) When stop lights are used as authorized by section 4511.39 of the Revised Code, they shall be constructed and installed so as to provide adequate and reliable illumination and shall conform to the appropriate S.A.E. standards for stop lamps.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:23 AM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
shall conform to the appropriate S.A.E. standards for stop lamps.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:17 AM

C63s coupe
shall conform to the appropriate S.A.E. standards for stop lamps.
Really?... please feel free to explain to everyone how you think this is applied...
Old 07-08-2017, 07:29 AM

C63s coupe
Really?... please feel free to explain to everyone how you think this is applied...
just curious...
Old 07-08-2017, 07:42 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,416 Likes on 2,855 Posts
2012 CLS63
Been reading through this thread: so sorry to read it! That driver of the ford was cool? I mean, damn, I'd be so angry at THEM!
Hope your wife is mending.......too bad about the MB headache.......
Funny how when you're buying the car, everyone there is so nice and polite......but that is where it ends
Old 07-08-2017, 10:23 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Been reading through this thread: so sorry to read it! That driver of the ford was cool? I mean, damn, I'd be so angry at THEM!
Hope your wife is mending.......too bad about the MB headache.......
Funny how when you're buying the car, everyone there is so nice and polite......but that is where it ends
Thanks - much appreciated! Yeah once they have your money the honeymoon is over - lol
Old 07-08-2017, 05:42 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Let's start with this....Do you know what S.A.E. standards are and that the brake lights on your car need to conform to those standards?

When you decided to place a dark film over them, they now don't conform to those standards. You basicly made your brake lights illegal and to me even more importantly, you made your car less safe for your wife and that poor woman who hit you. Or as you referred to her 'effin biatch"

Let me know if you need any more help with this...its not rocket science my friend.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (07-10-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Wow sad sight to see.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:22 PM

C63s coupe
and that poor woman who hit you.
f*ck you @sshole!!!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:26 PM

C63s coupe
my friend.
you are not my friend @sshole!!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:35 PM

C63s coupe
Let's start with this....Do you know what S.A.E. standards are and that the brake lights on your car need to conform to those standards?
..and you're an S A.E. professional expert I assume?
Old 07-08-2017, 06:37 PM

C63s coupe
..and you're an S A.E. professional expert I assume?
don't even answer that - F*CK OFF!!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:43 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Old 07-08-2017, 06:53 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...l-lights-in-oh
Old 07-09-2017, 01:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Unhappy

Update - been 3 months since wreck. Car is still in shop. Costs are up to $34,744.62 Car has been done for a while - just needs a muffler. Yeah one of the performance ones. Got the left side replaced - but still no right side. Apparently there is a shortage of these and no one has a clue when they will come in. They've told me several times already that it was shipped. Now the Manager at my MB dealer told me there's a critical on that option when ordering and can't get the option any more - WTF??

Right now I'm really pissed off at MB. They sold me a car that got damaged and now they cannot repair in a reasonable amount of time due to parts shortage. I guess I'm going to have additional claims against MB for my damages (loss of use of car and depreciation) they are racking up.

Anyone ever been down this route before? Suing a car manufacturer for not being able to repair your car due to parts shortage? My wife's attorney (for her injuries) is keeping track of the situation...

Much more of this and I'm thru with Mercedes Benz! They screwed up my order when I originally placed it (deleted the vented seats on me due to another parts shortage and then forgot to add it back in!! ... and now this!
Bro,

So sorry to hear about the accident. Best wishes to you and your wife for a speedy recovery. I definitely understand and went through a similar accident a few years ago – see pics below. My wife and I got hit by a young kid after he was goofing around with friends while driving and did not realize we were slowing down for a red light. Luckily, the M3 absorbed the impact and we walked away with no injuries. The kid’s car deployed every airbag and it was totaled. I was shocked to find out he only had $10K in insurance coverage and our repair estimate was $27K+ due to frame damage. I was fortunate that my insurance policy covered the repairs but it took BMW a little over 90 days to get parts and repair the car. I too was pissed. My insurance company got involved and tried to expedite the repairs as they were paying for my rental vehicle but there was nothing they could do.

In the end, the car was repaired but I lost about $8K in value due to the frame damage. BMW collision did a superb job repairing it but no one would buy the car from me, as most experienced buyers knew what to look for (bolts/screws were not original and did not have original assembly line paint on screw heads). I argued with my insurance company for the loss of value and they advised me to sue the kid that hit me for reimbursement. Long story short, I did not get reimbursed and traded the car in to BMW for a new car. Part of my loss was masked by my negotiating skills but I was still upside down at the onset of our deal. Again, hope it all works out for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG