Sponsored by:

Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s coupe
Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG

Got my new coupe rear ended out in the middle of no-where yesterday. Had to air lift my wife to a hospital - thought she broke her neck or back as her arms and legs went numb (was a concussion as Catscans and x-rays showed no fractures).

We were about an hour and a half from our house cruising out to Adams County Ohio (to check on my late dad's property - we were just 5 miles from it) and this big frigging Tom Turkey decided to cross the road - and when I stopped - we got rear ended. Got hit pretty hard too. Got pushed about 15 to 20 feet on impact. Looks like her car is totaled. Just glad it wasn't worse. But still pissed about the whole situation. The lady that hit us didn’t even apologize - effin biatch! Hope they total mine as I don’t want it back. The trunk on the inside is buckled and the wheel well on drivers side shoved up against the rear tire. Only had for 3 ½ months and 1200 miles on it. Just ordered a new set of Vossen Wheels too - guess I need to cancel that order now

I also installed a two channel Dash Cam - got it all on video. Also included a few other pics - along with the Tom turkey - looks like an 8 inch beard. Hind sight says I should of had Turkey for dinner last night - lol...
Attached Thumbnails Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-01.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-02.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-03.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-04.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-05.jpg  

Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-06.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-07.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-crash-08.jpg   Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG-frontcam_turkey-01.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
RearDashCam-01.mov (3.43 MB, 619 views)

Last edited by Vectored Lines; 07-13-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Glad you guys are OK. That's all that matters. They probably won't total it.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
You're wife sounded pretty scared, glad she's okay-ish but will still probably be pretty sore. I don't really understand how you just fly into someone while paying attention so I wonder what she was doing? And to not even apologize...

Unfortunately, unless there is substantial frame damage you can't see in the pictures, you'll be getting that car back.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I'm glad your wife wasn't seriously injured and I hope she recovers quickly. Best of luck getting everything sorted.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:44 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 Audi SQ5, 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd, 2016 Ford Focus se Hatchback
That sucks. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe
Man that's bad luck. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery!
Old 04-10-2017, 01:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
E-Class
Doesn't seem like the ford applied any brake before impact. Your car doesn't look total at all unfortunately. I guess this is where the fake exhaust tip comes into play and lessen the expenses on repairs in that area (I read that somewhere on here).

Keep an eye on your wife's injuries to catch anything from developing into something serious down the line.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:17 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by jkob5
Glad you guys are OK. That's all that matters. They probably won't total it.

Thanks - much appreciated. Yeah I know they won't total it either - was wishful thinking at the time.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:26 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
You're wife sounded pretty scared, glad she's okay-ish but will still probably be pretty sore. I don't really understand how you just fly into someone while paying attention so I wonder what she was doing? And to not even apologize...

Unfortunately, unless there is substantial frame damage you can't see in the pictures, you'll be getting that car back.

She was leaning forward to get a look at the Turkey (probably a good foot or more away from the headrest) when we got rear ended - she smacked her head against the headrest really, really hard. Those screams were extreme pain. Took quite a while to get her to stop - still in pain now.

Paramedics said the headrest was in perfect position (I got the sports seats - not the performance seats) - one of the reasons I went with the sport seats - an adjustable head rest and ventilated. Hmm make me wonder if she would of had a more sever concussion with the Performance seats.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
I'm glad your wife wasn't seriously injured and I hope she recovers quickly. Best of luck getting everything sorted.

Thank you!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:30 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Aussie Zinga
Man that's bad luck. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery!

Yeah, my wife didn't deserve that - she's had enough other issues lately.. Thanks - appreciate it!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by sakodik
Doesn't seem like the ford applied any brake before impact. Your car doesn't look total at all unfortunately. I guess this is where the fake exhaust tip comes into play and lessen the expenses on repairs in that area (I read that somewhere on here).

Keep an eye on your wife's injuries to catch anything from developing into something serious down the line.

Yeah - looks (and felt) like it was full bore without braking. If I'm stuck with it (which I probably will) - I might see about trading it in then. I'll be lucky if the other lady has enough insurance coverage - the copter ride and emergency services alone are going to exceed $10k. Hope she's not under insured.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Glad you are both ok. Metal will be replaced.
The following users liked this post:
Vectored Lines (04-14-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe 2018 Ford Raptor 2017 Corvette Z06 2013 Mercedes C63 2012 Mercedes C63 BS
Hope all is well with you and your wife!
The following users liked this post:
Vectored Lines (04-14-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
c292 gle63S, Range Rover LWB
Originally Posted by Vectored Lines
Yeah - looks (and felt) like it was full bore without braking. If I'm stuck with it (which I probably will) - I might see about trading it in then. I'll be lucky if the other lady has enough insurance coverage - the copter ride and emergency services alone are going to exceed $10k. Hope she's not under insured.
Sorry to hear man. Hope your wife gets better soon!

You can get diminished value before you trade it in to get something back.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:21 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Anotherone
Sorry to hear man. Hope your wife gets better soon!

You can get diminished value before you trade it in to get something back.
Thanks appreciate it!

Already checking with the MB GM about the diminished value - this will be interesting - I'm sure I'm going to get screwed no matter what on this.

Got one estimate so far on damages = at least $20K with more hidden costs to come once they start taking it apart.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E63S
I'm so sorry for you and your wife and wish the speediest recovery possible. The Ford driver didn't seem to have braked at all and I think by the video footage it looks like she was looking downwards on her lap or something before impact and after the crash, looks like she looked up from below. So maybe she was on her phone and didn't see you pull over. She's completely at fault, thank God for dash cams
Old 04-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
C63s
Wow hope your wife feels better now

Is it me or you can clearly see a couple of beers jumping from the passenger seat...
Old 04-17-2017, 10:36 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
I'm so sorry for you and your wife and wish the speediest recovery possible. The Ford driver didn't seem to have braked at all and I think by the video footage it looks like she was looking downwards on her lap or something before impact and after the crash, looks like she looked up from below. So maybe she was on her phone and didn't see you pull over. She's completely at fault, thank God for dash cams
Thanks for the well wishes! Recovery for her is going slow - still in same amount of pain a week later. I reviewed the video over and over (even enhanced a few frames) but nothing definitive as to what she may have been doing when she wrecked into me.

Yes - dash cams are good to have. Been using them for quite a while now. Have another video from several years ago where a Camaro side swipes my BMW in a merge lane - had to use it in court. The idiot that hit me tried to fight it and lie about what happened. The video told the whole truth - judge gave him the max! Told him he was luck he didn't see video earlier other wise he would of suspended his license for wreckless operation. Was the first time he ever saw a "civilian" use a dashcam in court for evidence. Said everyone should use these - lol...
Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by japamg
Wow hope your wife feels better now

Is it me or you can clearly see a couple of beers jumping from the passenger seat...
Thanks!

6 pack of soda cans I think ...
Old 04-17-2017, 10:57 AM

2020 E63S
Thanks for the well wishes! Recovery for her is going slow - still in same amount of pain a week later. I reviewed the video over and over (even enhanced a few frames) but nothing definitive as to what she may have been doing when she wrecked into me.

Yes - dash cams are good to have. Been using them for quite a while now. Have another video from several years ago where a Camaro side swipes my BMW in a merge lane - had to use it in court. The idiot that hit me tried to fight it and lie about what happened. The video told the whole truth - judge gave him the max! Told him he was luck he didn't see video earlier other wise he would of suspended his license for wreckless operation. Was the first time he ever saw a "civilian" use a dashcam in court for evidence. Said everyone should use these - lol...
I'm considering getting a dash cam to put on my C63 sedan, but I don't know how the wiring works. I already have a radar detector in the cigarette lighter so I don't know if I would have to hook it up straight to the battery or what. Insight would be appreciated
Old 04-17-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C63s ED1 Coupe
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
I'm considering getting a dash cam to put on my C63 sedan, but I don't know how the wiring works. I already have a radar detector in the cigarette lighter so I don't know if I would have to hook it up straight to the battery or what. Insight would be appreciated
It is usually hardwired to the fuse box
Old 04-17-2017, 03:33 PM

C63s coupe
The BlackVue 2 channel setup I have is direct connected to my Fuse box - but you can hook up to your cigarette lighter if you want - but won't function optimally if you want to have the camera powered on after you turn key off (parking mode). Best method is direct connect to fuse box - that way all your wires are hidden and out of view. Took me about 3 hours to mount both cameras, route and connect wiring on mine.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:20 PM

C63s coupe
Update - been 3 months since wreck. Car is still in shop. Costs are up to $34,744.62 Car has been done for a while - just needs a muffler. Yeah one of the performance ones. Got the left side replaced - but still no right side. Apparently there is a shortage of these and no one has a clue when they will come in. They've told me several times already that it was shipped. Now the Manager at my MB dealer told me there's a critical on that option when ordering and can't get the option any more - WTF??

Right now I'm really pissed off at MB. They sold me a car that got damaged and now they cannot repair in a reasonable amount of time due to parts shortage. I guess I'm going to have additional claims against MB for my damages (loss of use of car and depreciation) they are racking up.

Anyone ever been down this route before? Suing a car manufacturer for not being able to repair your car due to parts shortage? My wife's attorney (for her injuries) is keeping track of the situation...

Much more of this and I'm thru with Mercedes Benz! They screwed up my order when I originally placed it (deleted the vented seats on me due to another parts shortage and then forgot to add it back in!! ... and now this!

Last edited by Vectored Lines; 07-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:09 PM

2020 E63S
Update - been 3 months since wreck. Car is still in shop. Costs are up to $34,744.62 Car has been done for a while - just needs a muffler. Yeah one of the performance ones. Got the left side replaced - but still no right side. Apparently there is a shortage of these and no one has a clue when they will come in. They've told me several times already that it was shipped. Now the Manager at my MB dealer told me there's a critical on that option when ordering and can't get the option any more - WTF??

Right now I'm really pissed off at MB. They sold me a car that got damaged and now they cannot repair in a reasonable amount of time due to parts shortage. I guess I'm going to have additional claims against MB for my damages (loss of use of car and depreciation) they are racking up.

Anyone ever been down this route before? Suing a car manufacturer for not being able to repair your car due to parts shortage? My wife's attorney (for her injuries) is keeping track of the situation...

Much more of this and I'm thru with Mercedes Benz! They screwed up my order when I originally placed it (deleted the vented seats on me due to another parts shortage and then forgot to add it back in!! ... and now this!
that sucks to hear man. i was recommended to do this, and i think you should too: contact MBUSA directly, their corporate office should be a lot more helpful with issues than a dealership.

did the ford's insurance cover everything?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG