Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2017 | 08:58 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Hoop
Let's start with this....Do you know what S.A.E. standards are and that the brake lights on your car need to conform to those standards?

When you decided to place a dark film over them, they now don't conform to those standards. You basicly made your brake lights illegal and to me even more importantly, you made your car less safe for your wife and that poor woman who hit you. Or as you referred to her 'effin biatch"

Let me know if you need any more help with this...its not rocket science my friend.
Hey Hoop - I showed this to my wife , she said you're a "f*ck*ng piece of Sh*t" for even suggesting I had anything to do with the accident and her injuries. "You could of put a 50,000 watt mega flashing stop sign on the *** end of that car and it still wouldn't of made her stop!"

She also said you should change your name to "Poop" instead of Hoop - "because you really are a piece of Sh*t... especially for the 'poor woman' comment... and you should just quietly flush yourself down the toilet". (all her words I swear) lol
Old 07-09-2017 | 09:09 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Iceman II
Bro,

So sorry to hear about the accident. Best wishes to you and your wife for a speedy recovery. I definitely understand and went through a similar accident a few years ago – see pics below. My wife and I got hit by a young kid after he was goofing around with friends while driving and did not realize we were slowing down for a red light. Luckily, the M3 absorbed the impact and we walked away with no injuries. The kid’s car deployed every airbag and it was totaled. I was shocked to find out he only had $10K in insurance coverage and our repair estimate was $27K+ due to frame damage. I was fortunate that my insurance policy covered the repairs but it took BMW a little over 90 days to get parts and repair the car. I too was pissed. My insurance company got involved and tried to expedite the repairs as they were paying for my rental vehicle but there was nothing they could do.

In the end, the car was repaired but I lost about $8K in value due to the frame damage. BMW collision did a superb job repairing it but no one would buy the car from me, as most experienced buyers knew what to look for (bolts/screws were not original and did not have original assembly line paint on screw heads). I argued with my insurance company for the loss of value and they advised me to sue the kid that hit me for reimbursement. Long story short, I did not get reimbursed and traded the car in to BMW for a new car. Part of my loss was masked by my negotiating skills but I was still upside down at the onset of our deal. Again, hope it all works out for you.
Thanks for sharing - much appreciated! ...only $10k in coverage - thats crazy!! Hate to see the M3 wrecked as well - I'm partial to BMWs too. My wife has an M4 and I have a 650i. Yeah - I hope it all works out too - thanks!
Old 07-09-2017 | 03:04 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Vectored Lines
Hey Hoop - I showed this to my wife , she said you're a "f*ck*ng piece of Sh*t" for even suggesting I had anything to do with the accident and her injuries. "You could of put a 50,000 watt mega flashing stop sign on the *** end of that car and it still wouldn't of made her stop!"

She also said you should change your name to "Poop" instead of Hoop - "because you really are a piece of Sh*t... especially for the 'poor woman' comment... and you should just quietly flush yourself down the toilet". (all her words I swear) lol
I'm glad to see you're back...it looked like you got really upset with what I wrote. I don't have time today, put I'd like to further this discussion next week when I have more time.

In the mean time, tell your wife that she really hurt my feelings with all that she said, and that I got really upset and did a lot of swearing.

This conversation isn't about your wife or her getting hurt..of course I feel bad for anyone who's injured in a car accident.

It's about the FACT that putting dark tint on your brake lights is a REALLY BAD IDEA!
Old 07-09-2017 | 04:45 PM

C63s coupe
At least they put on the new Vossen rims for me while it's sitting there collecting dust...
Old 07-09-2017 | 04:59 PM

C63s ED1 Coupe
I'm glad to see you're back...it looked like you got really upset with what I wrote. I don't have time today, put I'd like to further this discussion next week when I have more time.

In the mean time, tell your wife that she really hurt my feelings with all that she said, and that I got really upset and did a lot of swearing.

This conversation isn't about your wife or her getting hurt..of course I feel bad for anyone who's injured in a car accident.

It's about the FACT that putting dark tint on your brake lights is a REALLY BAD IDEA!
Dude are you seriously gonna come back next week to discuss further? lol
Old 07-09-2017 | 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Lives saved

Love Jesus.
text while driving and you can meet him.
Blessings to wife's recovery and Benz for protection of a worse incedent
Gator
Old 07-09-2017 | 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
At least they put on the new Vossen rims for me while it's sitting there collecting dust...
What about just going with an aftermarket exhaust? I think the AWE Switchpath can be set up to run with the stock PE valve actuators. I doubt it would cost any more than OEM and you can get it quickly.
Old 07-09-2017 | 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43

Just stop dude. A light tint over those LED tail lights still means they are much brighter than all the incandescent ones on the road. Trying to make the guy feel guilty for the accident and his wife's injury is an exceptionally lame move. Please just drop it.
The following 5 users liked this post by Mr. J:
Guilty (07-10-2017), Iwest (07-10-2017), Sanch (07-11-2017), Star4life (08-23-2017), Vectored Lines (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017 | 01:47 AM

2017 C63S Sedan
I know it's late but so sorry to hear about this accident ... I hope you and your wife are doing OK and glad the collision didn't end up any worse. Best of luck dealing with MB as well, keep us updated on your progress!
Old 07-10-2017 | 02:02 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by GatorMB
Love Jesus.
Gator

Thanks Gator!
Old 07-10-2017 | 02:06 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
What about just going with an aftermarket exhaust? I think the AWE Switchpath can be set up to run with the stock PE valve actuators. I doubt it would cost any more than OEM and you can get it quickly.

All depends on how much longer I have to wait for this muffler. Insurance would have to pay for it - which I doubt they would. I think I saw a price of $2500 on the estimate sheet for each of the factory performance mufflers.
Old 07-10-2017 | 02:08 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Iwest
I know it's late but so sorry to hear about this accident ... I hope you and your wife are doing OK and glad the collision didn't end up any worse. Best of luck dealing with MB as well, keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks Iwest - I appreciate it!
Old 07-10-2017 | 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Just stop dude. A light tint over those LED tail lights still means they are much brighter than all the incandescent ones on the road. Trying to make the guy feel guilty for the accident and his wife's injury is an exceptionally lame move. Please just drop it.
I think everyone is glad that the driver and wife are fine, and nobody is pointing fingers here. He's merely pointing out that the tint isn't legal, what's wrong with that. It's a fact - I'd be surprised if there's any state where that's strictly legal. It's just like headlights - you just can't tint them. You post something on a public forum and you have to expect all kinds of response. It's part of the deal.

With that said, it shows a real lack of road awareness and possibly experience to slam on your brakes in the middle of the road for a bird when there was clearly a car tailing rather closely. Most experienced/aware drivers would have just hit the damn thing rather than risk a much more serious incident, not only for themselves but also other drivers.

A moose, a deer, a bear, a camel? Yes, BRAKE. A bird? Comeon.

Hope it all works out for the OP.
Old 07-11-2017 | 01:04 AM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
it shows a real lack of road awareness and possibly experience to slam on your brakes in the middle of the road for a bird when there was clearly a car tailing rather closely. Most experienced/aware drivers would have just hit the damn thing rather than risk a much more serious incident, not only for themselves but also other drivers.
How lame - lol ... I didn't "slam on" the brakes and video clip only shows last 3 seconds before impact. That car was not tailgating me. Lol - yeah bad choice to stop for a 25lb tiny bird going 50 mph because I know person behind me is not paying attention - lame...
Old 07-11-2017 | 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Sorry to hear mate, this is truly unfortunate. Hope your wife is doing well.

I hope they resolve this for you ASAP, I can only image your frustration so many months after the accident.
Old 07-11-2017 | 12:17 PM

C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
Sorry to hear mate, this is truly unfortunate. Hope your wife is doing well.

I hope they resolve this for you ASAP, I can only image your frustration so many months after the accident.
Thanks Sanch!
Old 07-11-2017 | 01:36 PM

E-Class
Its a wobbler for sure if you take it to court, but common sense would overrule and 100% of the time people will tell you not to ram a stationary/stopped object.

As a former leo, its probable cause to pull someone over and I can run the law book to catch you on something else or write you a moving violation and be done. OR use common sense like the above poster regarding LED, along with the ambiguous wording of the penal code to get out of it in court. Now there are officers out there that will write you a ticket for this, others will not. Officer's discretion. You can beat it to death and say the tint was the reason behind the crash, but then that person should NOT be driving at all if you can't see a stopped car.

It is not even a problem, don't make it one.

Last edited by sakodik; 07-11-2017 at 01:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. J (07-12-2017)
Old 07-11-2017 | 08:12 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I think everyone is glad that the driver and wife are fine, and nobody is pointing fingers here. He's merely pointing out that the tint isn't legal, what's wrong with that. It's a fact - I'd be surprised if there's any state where that's strictly legal. It's just like headlights - you just can't tint them. You post something on a public forum and you have to expect all kinds of response. It's part of the deal.

With that said, it shows a real lack of road awareness and possibly experience to slam on your brakes in the middle of the road for a bird when there was clearly a car tailing rather closely. Most experienced/aware drivers would have just hit the damn thing rather than risk a much more serious incident, not only for themselves but also other drivers.

A moose, a deer, a bear, a camel? Yes, BRAKE. A bird? Comeon.

Hope it all works out for the OP.
Praise Jesus, there's a voice of reason among the lemmings. Thank you

The Praise Jesus was for Gator.
Old 07-11-2017 | 08:29 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
[QUOTE=Mr. J;7204173]Just stop dude. A light tint over those LED tail lights still means they are much brighter than all the incandescent ones on the road.

The brake lights have gone from what they are DARK, to what the car owner said they were MED DARK, to what you think they are...LIGHT.

Is this like what your president calls FAKE NEWS
Old 07-11-2017 | 08:35 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
How lame - lol ... I didn't "slam on" the brakes and video clip only shows last 3 seconds before impact. That car was not tailgating me. Lol - yeah bad choice to stop for a 25lb tiny bird going 50 mph because I know person behind me is not paying attention - lame...
Lets see more of the video. How about 30 sec. before and after.... front and back.

That might be helpful. Btw. do you also see the woman texting in the video, because I clearly cannot.
Old 07-11-2017 | 08:46 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Originally Posted by sakodik
Its a wobbler for sure if you take it to court, but common sense would overrule and 100% of the time people will tell you not to ram a stationary/stopped object.

As a former leo, its probable cause to pull someone over and I can run the law book to catch you on something else or write you a moving violation and be done. OR use common sense like the above poster regarding LED, along with the ambiguous wording of the penal code to get out of it in court. Now there are officers out there that will write you a ticket for this, others will not. Officer's discretion. You can beat it to death and say the tint was the reason behind the crash, but then that person should NOT be driving at all if you can't see a stopped car.

It is not even a problem, don't make it one.
That first sentence was really hard to understand...were you saying that you would pull people over and then find a cause.

Yes, I'm curious..what was your exact leo occupation.
Old 07-11-2017 | 08:49 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Originally Posted by GatorMB
Love Jesus.
Gator
did you see someone texting?
Old 07-11-2017 | 08:50 PM

2017 C63s Cabriolet
See you guys later!
Old 07-12-2017 | 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43

The brake lights have gone from what they are DARK, to what the car owner said they were MED DARK, to what you think they are...LIGHT.

Is this like what your president calls FAKE NEWS
You're an ***. Go away now please.
Old 07-12-2017 | 09:52 AM

C63s coupe
Hey Poop - glad to see you made it back. Thought maybe you got flushed. (not even sure why I'm even wasting my time replying to you) lol... any who - when all the dust settled and I made sure the "poor women who hit me" and her daughter were ok and did not need medical attention - I called her a "f*ck*ng dumb@ss" for crashing into me! ... you know what her reply was?? ... "I deserve that" ... if that doesn't tell you she wasn't paying attention then I don't know what would - maybe admitting she was texting? What difference would it make? She already admitted fault. Didn't say BOO about not seeing any brake lights!! Upon impact - the lights went into flashing mode - rear ones where flashing BRIGHT red! ... and ALL could see there was no issue. Wasn't an issue then and it's not now...(well except for you).

Sometimes you have to flush twice for those really big nasty ones...

Last edited by Vectored Lines; 07-12-2017 at 11:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yesterday sucked too! Ford meets AMG