BlackVue Dash Cam Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
BlackVue Dash Cam Question

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone here installed BlackVue dash cam with power magic pro on your car? If so, would it be possible to share your experience about the installation process?

Currently looking for a shop to install mine in the Bay Area, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

J
Old 08-12-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
I installed mine last year. Someone posted a guide that had a pretty detailed route of how they did it that I followed. Took about 2 hours total. Routed the cables from the front cam up and down the passanger side. Since the fuse box is in the trunk ran both cables together and the power magic pro sits in the trunk under the board.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:49 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
If you are planning to run front and rear cameras be sure to buy some different sized ferrite cores (you'll find loads on Ebay and Amazon). The type you clip on cables.

If you dont install these on the cable leading to the rear camera you will lose your radio signal a lot.

I believe (but may be wrong) the Arial is in the back window so the interference can be a issue.

Other than that its been a great Camera.
I witnessed a collision a few months back and the footage clearly showed the party at fault and the Police were very impressed with the clip I gave them which lead to the conviction.

The Parking mode can be a little over sensitive when parked near trees on a windy day, but even then very useful. Just make sure your power saver is installed correctly.

I even used mine to record a tour across the European Alps recently and I was very smug watching everyone spending ages setting up and sticking their Go-Pros on their cars and not getting much better footage than my dash-cam set!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Bluetonic
If you are planning to run front and rear cameras be sure to buy some different sized ferrite cores (you'll find loads on Ebay and Amazon). The type you clip on cables.

If you dont install these on the cable leading to the rear camera you will lose your radio signal a lot.

I believe (but may be wrong) the Arial is in the back window so the interference can be a issue.

I witnessed a collision a few months back and the footage clearly showed the party at fault and the Police were very impressed with the clip I gave them which lead to the conviction.

The Parking mode can be a little over sensitive when parked near trees on a windy day, but even then very useful. Just make sure your power saver is installed correctly.

I even used mine to record a tour across the European Alps recently and I was very smug watching everyone spending ages setting up and sticking their Go-Pros on their cars and not getting much better footage than my dash-cam set!
Update the firmware and adjust the sensitivity in settings and it will fix the parking mode issues.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by auditoamg
Update the firmware and adjust the sensitivity in settings and it will fix the parking mode issues.
Yep, did all of that thanks.
​​​​​​Not parking next to the olive tree on my drive was an easier fix though.
TBH it's not a complaint, just the observation that if you park close to something moving the motion detection works.

A more important feature is impact detection which is a nice to have.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
A more important feature is impact detection which is a nice to have.
Totally agree!
Old 08-13-2017, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S

thank you very much for the input! What is the timer and voltage on your Power Magic Pro?
Old 08-13-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jinggyjin
thank you very much for the input! What is the timer and voltage on your Power Magic Pro?
I actually used a MS Multisafer which I have set to 11.8 or 12 (not use which I went for in the end).

I followed this video but installed the DR650.