Sponsored by:

Xpel Stealth Film on Selenite Metallic Grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A5 Black Edition - C63 S on order!
Xpel Stealth Film on Selenite Metallic Grey

I am wondering if anyone on here has wrapped their Metallic paintwork with Xpel Stealth paint protection film.

I am am currently waiting on my C63S to be delivered, due October 31!!! However the paintwork I have gone with is the Selenite Metallic Grey. Not my first choice which was the Magno version, apparently it was not available and MB could not confirm when it would be.

I've looked at all sort of protection systems for the paintwork when I get the car which includes a ceramic coating, but then I came across Xpel Stealth; which from what I've seen gives a nice Matt finish to the paintwork. I know it's more expensive than the Magno paint would have cost as an option but as many of you already know it also provides protection from stone chips etc.

Im really curious to know what it looks like on the Metallic Selenite Grey. Does it look similar to the Magno paint? If any of you have any pictures that would be great.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
MY17 C63s Sedan
Yup! Had it done on my previous AMG that was Selenite Gray. It looks very close to the Magno matte paint with the same sheen.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by amg8
Yup! Had it done on my previous AMG that was Selenite Gray. It looks very close to the Magno matte paint with the same sheen.
i don't suppose you have any pictures ang8?
Old 08-20-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
Iridium Silver wrapped in Xpel Stealth.

The following users liked this post:
tonecas (09-03-2018)
Old 08-21-2017, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by vaelin
Iridium Silver wrapped in Xpel Stealth.

wow that does look very good! Puts all the emphasis on the lines and curves rather than the shine of the paint.

How does it look around the door sills etc where the film is cut. Have they managed to do a good job there?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I like the porche!!!
HAILERS2 (10-15-2020)
Old 08-21-2017, 04:09 PM

'15 C63S
Porsche 911 Turbo is my wife's DD.

The wrap job, unfortunately, was a bad one. It's been about a year now and some of the edges are lifting, plus the guy cut directly on the surface of my vehicle so some clearcoat was cut, and he skimped by using 30" rolls instead of 60", so there were places he had to overlap. From 10+ feet away, looks awesome; any closer and discerning eyes will pick out the issues.

Nothing wrong with Xpel Stealth though. It's all about the quality of the installer. Choose carefully, and make sure they've done it before, preferably multiple times.

I learned my lesson and am taking the 911 and Model X to another shop to do PPF.
tonecas (09-03-2018)
Old 08-21-2017, 04:57 PM

Porsche 911 Turbo is my wife's DD.

The wrap job, unfortunately, was a bad one. It's been about a year now and some of the edges are lifting, plus the guy cut directly on the surface of my vehicle so some clearcoat was cut, and he skimped by using 30" rolls instead of 60", so there were places he had to overlap. From 10+ feet away, looks awesome; any closer and discerning eyes will pick out the issues.

Nothing wrong with Xpel Stealth though. It's all about the quality of the installer. Choose carefully, and make sure they've done it before, preferably multiple times.

I learned my lesson and am taking the 911 and Model X to another shop to do PPF.
oh that's too bad! I will certainly do my research. Might just live with my car for a year then get it done for a change. Not cheap at nearly £4K!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:46 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by Jamo1
oh that's too bad! I will certainly do my research. Might just live with my car for a year then get it done for a change. Not cheap at nearly £4K!!!
Don't do that.

Picking up rock chips and random stuff will make it a) harder to get a tight seal for the PPF, resulting in bubbles and b) you'll regret it every time you get damage because the PPF would've saved you the agony.

If you're keeping the car for any length of time, do the PPF.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Don't do that.

Picking up rock chips and random stuff will make it a) harder to get a tight seal for the PPF, resulting in bubbles and b) you'll regret it every time you get damage because the PPF would've saved you the agony.

If you're keeping the car for any length of time, do the PPF.
Is it the guys i recommended?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:08 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by digitalnav
Is it the guys i recommended?
The new place I'm taking the 911 and X to? Yeah.

Brione is ordering material and scheduling now.. I need to get the X bumper fixed first though because my wife decided to back it into a pole.