C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another panel that doesn't fit - and getting WORSE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
OK guys if this was me, first off I'd be maximally pissed off..Kia can build a straight car.. I'd write a letter, send it certified to whomever is the top dog at MB USA.. Explain in a reasonable rational way the problem, what's happened and any other pertinent info VIN # is very important.

Next and think more important is to have actual proof of the defect. So if it was me I'd find a body shop that is Mercedes Benz Certified..In fact the more official certs the better. I have a shop that near me that I use for all my work. They are MB Certified and VW- Audi certified. It's not easy to become a certified repair facility. https://www.mbcollisioncenters.com/mbcollisioncenters And have them figure out what caused or is causing the problem. Have them or better you take lots of pictures of the car especially if they pull the bumper or any panels. A good shop will be able to tell right away whats casing the problem orin the car was repaired. At that point you'll have a super reliable, and an independent source to base you claims on. They'd even be able to fix it correctly, or at least give you an estimate to go beat the dealer in the head with or hopefully not to have to use in court.. Oh FYI don't use a dealer body shop!

Last edited by ErikM; 10-09-2017 at 07:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wexlax732 (06-25-2020)
Old 10-09-2017, 06:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
Since I was thinking and didn't hurt myself... Here's a liitle story from my days at Audi:

One summer we got a notice from Audi corporate. Seems that a whole boat load ( literally) of new Audi's bound for the east coast where sitting at the port in Germany ( I heard a Thousand cars) when a huge rain and wind and HAIL storm blew in and damaged ALL the new cars! I know this is a fact because one of those cars was for one of my customers! Needless to say Audi couldn't ship a thousand damaged cars.. So they made up a story to tell each customer that their car and others were found to have a software or some other little recall issue. The cars got taken back to the factory.. Customers got their asses kissed and licked and got a nice check from Audi for a few thousand dollars.. 5-6 weeks later customer orders and stock orders started to come in.. Think those damaged cars were just crushed?? Me neither..

Last edited by ErikM; 10-09-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Manufacturers do have insurance for that type of thing, if the cars were damaged significantly (See mazda's 'incident' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Cougar_Ace) they will be reimbursed and destroyed.

I was working at a Chevy dealer in south FL back in 2005 when Hurricane Wilma hit and we had damage on hundreds of inventory cars. So many we were outsourcing the paint work to local Maaco shops to get them all fixed. We didn't have to disclose damage if it was under I think 30% of value, which even on a cheap car allows for a LOT of damage.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by ErikM
OK guys if this was me, first off I'd be maximally pissed off..Kia can build a straight car.. I'd write a letter, send it certified to whomever is the top dog at MB USA.. Explain in a reasonable rational way the problem, what's happened and any other pertinent info VIN # is very important.

Next and think more important is to have actual proof of the defect. So if it was me I'd find a body shop that is Mercedes Benz Certified..In fact the more official certs the better. I have a shop that near me that I use for all my work. They are MB Certified and VW- Audi certified. It's not easy to become a certified repair facility. https://www.mbcollisioncenters.com/mbcollisioncenters And have them figure out what caused or is causing the problem. Have them or better you take lots of pictures of the car especially if they pull the bumper or any panels. A good shop will be able to tell right away whats casing the problem orin the car was repaired. At that point you'll have a super reliable, and an independent source to base you claims on. They'd even be able to fix it correctly, or at least give you an estimate to go beat the dealer in the head with or hopefully not to have to use in court.. Oh FYI don't use a dealer body shop!
I'm going to follow this advice....
Thanks.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by ErikM
Since I was thinking and didn't hurt myself... Here's a liitle story from my days at Audi:

One summer we got a notice from Audi corporate. Seems that a whole boat load ( literally) of new Audi's bound for the east coast where sitting at the port in Germany ( I heard a Thousand cars) when a huge rain and wind and HAIL storm blew in and damaged ALL the new cars! I know this is a fact because one of those cars was for one of my customers! Needless to say Audi couldn't ship a thousand damaged cars.. So they made up a story to tell each customer that their car and others were found to have a software or some other little recall issue. The cars got taken back to the factory.. Customers got their asses kissed and licked and got a nice check from Audi for a few thousand dollars.. 5-6 weeks later customer orders and stock orders started to come in.. Think those damaged cars were just crushed?? Me neither..
😂
And yeah... Me neither.
What year was this, do you recall?
Old 06-23-2020, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 138 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
A lot of the body panels will seemingly never go back together perfectly on a lot of these cars..
Old 06-24-2020, 12:54 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Just for giggles, here are pictures of my car the night before delivery and the day I picked it up... Zoom in and you can already clearly see the panels don't fit... All of these before the car was wrapped. And apologies they are upside down - MBWorld keeps turning them upside down, regardless of what I do...
I have the sideskirt issue as well. Glad im not the only one because I thought I was going crazy.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 288 Likes on 198 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by koifysh
I'm having the same problem on my 2018 coupe that I pick up last week. Bumper gap, black trim piece coming off, window seal not completely seal off, wind noise on driver side from 40 mph and up
You bought a used vehicle. It’s your responsibility to check for stuff like this before you buy it. Sorry. No sympathy here.

To the OP: hope you take those SOB’s to Court and win.
The following users liked this post:
Wexlax732 (06-25-2020)