C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to play music via AUX without an AUX port? Bluetooth is being inconsistent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C63S
Possible to play music via AUX without an AUX port? Bluetooth is being inconsistent

I was wondering if anyone has a way that they play music via AUX since the car has no AUX port? I use bluetooth currently but some of the music apps I use are not playing through bluetooth for some odd reason. The song would be playing on the app but the screen says Bluetooth Audio device paused. Does anyone else have this issue or is there something wrong with mine?

I recently bought an USB to AUX adapter to see if that would work, and I plugged it into the car USB port, but it was not readable.

Also, I know about the car chargers that have an AUX port on them or work via Bluetooth and I'm sure it'd work that way but I have a V1 radar that's usually plugged into the charger port so that wouldn't be an option for me.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Mazdaspeed
If you have an iPhone you just plug the lightning cord into the USB port and into your phone and it works fine. Can't say about the androids though, don't know.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:55 PM

Mercedes C63S
Originally Posted by BallzOne
If you have an iPhone you just plug the lightning cord into the USB port and into your phone and it works fine. Can't say about the androids though, don't know.
I have an Android. I tried with my charger and it said not readable as well.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by dp61627
I was wondering if anyone has a way that they play music via AUX since the car has no AUX port? I use bluetooth currently but some of the music apps I use are not playing through bluetooth for some odd reason. The song would be playing on the app but the screen says Bluetooth Audio device paused. Does anyone else have this issue or is there something wrong with mine?

I recently bought an USB to AUX adapter to see if that would work, and I plugged it into the car USB port, but it was not readable.

Also, I know about the car chargers that have an AUX port on them or work via Bluetooth and I'm sure it'd work that way but I have a V1 radar that's usually plugged into the charger port so that wouldn't be an option for me.
If you're referring to the 12V socket, then you should have another one in the rear of the car below the rear vents. I use that as my charger port for phone charging cables as I don't like clutter in the front centre console.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:29 AM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by Tej7
If you're referring to the 12V socket, then you should have another one in the rear of the car below the rear vents. I use that as my charger port for phone charging cables as I don't like clutter in the front centre console.
I do the same as well.

Anker 2-port charger and the wires run between the center console and the passenger seat. Then I have my phone sitting in a CD-slot phone holder.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
I don't know if this even applies to our cars, but I've had similar issues in the past with both my Android phone(s) and the Garmin computer I use for cycling.

What the cause ending up being was using "cheap" microUSB cords instead of the higher-quality ones that came with the devices or that cost a little more. I had horrible trouble uploading/downloading route maps onto my Garmin, and the only thing that fixed it was switching the cord to the one that came with the device.

Again, don't know if this even will apply to our cars, but just thought I'd put it out there incase it helps.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:35 PM

Mercedes C63S
I'm trying to avoid the 12V socket FM transmitter route as audio quality is not nearly as clear from the FM transmitters and I don't want to keep having to find a free radio station to use, but this may be my only option if I can't find another solution.

Disappointing that majority of the other Benz have an aux port but the C63 doesn't.

Bluetooth takes a while to connect and if I change music apps while listening to music, it will take 3 or 4 times of closing and restarting the app before it actually starts playing the music through the car stereo. I have no idea why this occurs because this has never been an issue with any other car bluetooth.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:21 AM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
AMG C63S
If it doesn’t work through the USB connection, and you have intermittent luck via Bluetooth, seems clear you have isolated the problem to your phone. Maybe time for software or phone upgrade so you can have a better experience.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 AM

Mercedes C63S
It's not a phone issue because bluetooth works in my other Benz and all other cars I've tried it in perfectly fine.