C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C63 / C63S)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by KJ
One thing about a Tuner warranty is that you have to prove that their part caused the failure in order for them to cover the repairs.

If your turbo blows, the dealer will blame your Piggyback and the tuner will blame a faulty turbo. You'll be stuck in the middle with neither side taking responsibility.
not with Dinan - in a case like that Dinan would step up and cover the turbo as this would be part of their consequetial damages warranty and how they work with their dealers
Old 10-09-2017, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yeah I've had really good experience with the Dinan warranty myself. With the BMW side, Dinan worked closely with BMW and sorted out everything internally so my car just got fixed in a timely manner and they sorted out who would pay for what behind the scenes. Either way customer pays for nothing. It's alegit company, not some small runner in their home garage.

I don't know what half of you expect to hear from Dinan... "oh we'll cover whatever you want, no matter what"... Come on.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:13 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by skim7x
Yeah I've had really good experience with the Dinan warranty myself. With the BMW side, Dinan worked closely with BMW and sorted out everything internally so my car just got fixed in a timely manner and they sorted out who would pay for what behind the scenes. Either way customer pays for nothing. It's alegit company, not some small runner in their home garage.

I don't know what half of you expect to hear from Dinan... "oh we'll cover whatever you want, no matter what"... Come on.
How long ago was this? Just curious as to exactly what was replaced as in major component or small.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by digitalnav
How long ago was this? Just curious as to exactly what was replaced as in major component or small.
It was for my e92 335i that had the notorious wastegate rattle, but I had the Dinan installed for a couple years already by that time. I took it in, and BMW said "we'll get it fixed up and figure out who'll pay for what later with Dinan." 2 new turbos/wastegates and $13,000 of parts/labor later, got the car back. Still had wastegate rattle (HAHA) and that's just because BMW bought some crappy Mitsubishi turbos... another reason I moved to MB from BMW (and for those of you complaining about all these little MB problems, grass is always greener on the other side.) But I never had to get involved. All I heard was that BMW wasn't willing to warranty the repairs because I had the Dinan installed (even though it was a known issue)... but that was the last I heard of it. Must have been around 2010 this happened? Man I feel old.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by KJ
One thing about a Tuner warranty is that you have to prove that their part caused the failure in order for them to cover the repairs.
If your turbo blows, the dealer will blame your Piggyback and the tuner will blame a faulty turbo. You'll be stuck in the middle with neither side taking responsibility.
And my last post is not to say that what KJ is saying is wrong... but all I'm saying is that Dinan has been reasonable in my personal experience. The above scenario is absolutely possible, especially with how hands off MB is... BMW is MUCH more open to modifications in my experience. MB won't even touch your car if you've put a bumper sticker on it. If you were to ever have a warranty issue while on the Dinan tune, I'd say it's MB's fault, not Dinan.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:25 PM

C63S Sedan
And my last post is not to say that what KJ is saying is wrong... but all I'm saying is that Dinan has been reasonable in my personal experience. The above scenario is absolutely possible, especially with how hands off MB is... BMW is MUCH more open to modifications in my experience. MB won't even touch your car if you've put a bumper sticker on it. If you were to ever have a warranty issue while on the Dinan tune, I'd say it's MB's fault, not Dinan.

Guess i'll go ahead and order the tune + some wider tires in the rear haha
Old 10-09-2017, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yeah, you'll be fine with Dinan. Btw, wider tires won't give you better traction :-/ what you need is the softest rubber you can find... Hear good reviews about the ps4's, that'll be what I'm getting after my stock tires wear out.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:28 PM

C63S Sedan
Yeah, you'll be fine with Dinan. Btw, wider tires won't give you better traction :-/ what you need is the softest rubber you can find... Hear good reviews about the ps4's, that'll be what I'm getting after my stock tires wear out.
Going from 265 to 275 should help a little, no?

Im getting the PS4S.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s

Im getting the PS4S.
If you're still running stock tires they are CRAP. I moved up as well to a 275 and have PSS because the PS4 were not out. Even though they are not much wider the grip level is so much better! Some people even go with 285 but I'm happy with the 275's.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG

Im getting the PS4S.
Theoretically no... Friction is a product of weight and surface area. While you increase the surface area, you'll decrease the weight per square inch.

In reality maybe it'll help a fraction, but more important is the tire compound, which I think you've chosen wisely. That said, by distributing the weight, softer rubber should last longer.

Usually people feel that they get better grip with wider tires but I suspect it's because it's a better compound or because they are coming from worn out rubber to new rubber.

Enjoy!!
Old 10-09-2017, 06:43 PM

C63S Sedan
Theoretically no... Friction is a product of weight and surface area. While you increase the surface area, you'll decrease the weight per square inch.

In reality maybe it'll help a fraction, but more important is the tire compound, which I think you've chosen wisely. That said, by distributing the weight, softer rubber should last longer.

Usually people feel that they get better grip with wider tires but I suspect it's because it's a better compound or because they are coming from worn out rubber to new rubber.

Enjoy!!
Should i up the front tires by 10mm as well if i do it on rear?
Old 10-09-2017, 06:47 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Let’s keep this related to the Dinan tune and not turn it into a tires thread.
The following users liked this post:
vaelin (10-11-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Should i up the front tires by 10mm as well if i do it on rear?
Yes
Old 10-09-2017, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Any distributors/ installers in Sydney, Australia?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:42 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Sanch
Any distributors/ installers in Sydney, Australia?
Sanch there's a BMW workshop in Melbourne that have been doing Dinan products for the BMW crowd for years, maybe contact them or Dinan directly to see if there's any in Sydney.

Otherwise if the one in Melbourne are going to start doing Dinan products for MB's just go for a nice long drive, the Melbourne based Brabus workshop is located just around the corner from them also you could stop in both and get modded right up haha jk. the Brabus product pricing is a joke...

If Southern BMW start up doing MB products its where I'll be going for sure in the near future

http://southernbm.com.au/dinan-perfo...-products-sbm/
Old 10-09-2017, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by AV1
Sanch there's a BMW workshop in Melbourne that have been doing Dinan products for the BMW crowd for years, maybe contact them or Dinan directly to see if there's any in Sydney.

Otherwise if the one in Melbourne are going to start doing Dinan products for MB's just go for a nice long drive, the Melbourne based Brabus workshop is located just around the corner from them also you could stop in both and get modded right up haha jk. the Brabus product pricing is a joke...

If Southern BMW start up doing MB products its where I'll be going for sure in the near future

http://southernbm.com.au/dinan-perfo...-products-sbm/
Oh nice thanks for that, I will check them out. Ideally, I'd prefer someone in Sydney, just in case there are any issues Melbourne may become an issue.

I would have to agree with the Brabus pricing, I think there are better products out there for fraction of the price. lol
Old 10-10-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63S Edition 1, 2018 BMW M2 6MT, 2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Any data on what boost this is running (peak and across the band)? Sorry if I missed it, I did read through the product page.

Vaelin, I was curious about the exhaust sound/pops. So you think they got louder? Was thinking it could definitely mess with it one way or another via the fuel mix MB AMG is using in the “exhaust update” that causes the pops to return.
Also curious about this. I contacted Renntech about this same issue, and they said that the pops/crackles are basically eliminated with their tune. The salesman told me that they "tune for performance - not sound". The reality is that the sounds of these vehicles bring a sense of excitement and theater, which is a large reason why I bought my C63S over an M3. These sounds don't require illegal or unsafe speeds on public roads. Of course we all want performance; we are all posting about a Dinan tune! But I want to keep the balance of aggressive noises and ability to roast tires.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S

Enjoy!!
Not to get technical, but rubber doesn't follow the typical friction physics we all learned in high school and college. It acts much more like a 'fluid' than it does a smooth solid. All other variables held constant, more rubber does equal more grip. Whether that makes a difference to performance (and especially useable and noticeable performance) is a completely different subject.

Your last comment though, that's 1000% true and I think the entire reason people believe a certain tire has so much more grip than a comparable tire they just removed.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 AM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Let’s keep this related to the Dinan tune and not turn it into a tires thread.
Sorry.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Also curious about this. I contacted Renntech about this same issue, and they said that the pops/crackles are basically eliminated with their tune. The salesman told me that they "tune for performance - not sound". The reality is that the sounds of these vehicles bring a sense of excitement and theater, which is a large reason why I bought my C63S over an M3. These sounds don't require illegal or unsafe speeds on public roads. Of course we all want performance; we are all posting about a Dinan tune! But I want to keep the balance of aggressive noises and ability to roast tires.
I agree with this completely! If I wanted a quiet car I would have bought a boring *** Tesla.

I know vaelin said he didn't get the exhaust firmware update so I guess we will have to wait till another member with the exhaust update and the Dinan piggy back come forward with the information. Personally I have the exhaust update and I LOVE it. I'm really close to pulling the trigger the Dinan but would like more information on this topic.

Joel
Old 10-10-2017, 11:43 AM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by subzero05
not with Dinan - in a case like that Dinan would step up and cover the turbo as this would be part of their consequetial damages warranty and how they work with their dealers
I've always wondered how this works, especially since Dinan doesn't have the dealer relationship with MB like it does with BMW.

I just keep thinking in my head about all the horror stories I've heard about home warranties. Everyone is so happy when they sign up thinking everything is covered only to find out how they really function. When they try to make a claim, they find out very quickly the enormous amount of red tape they have to go through, all the approvals that have to take place, all the run around they have to deal with juggling all the personalities they have to deal with whose entire business interest directly revolves around not covering what should be covered, and then the hassle of the shoddy repairmen they are forced to deal with if they want it covered. And in the meantime your A/C is out for over a month in the middle of a heat wave.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by JoelSolid
I agree with this completely! If I wanted a quiet car I would have bought a boring *** Tesla.

I know vaelin said he didn't get the exhaust firmware update so I guess we will have to wait till another member with the exhaust update and the Dinan piggy back come forward with the information. Personally I have the exhaust update and I LOVE it. I'm really close to pulling the trigger the Dinan but would like more information on this topic.

Joel
+1. WORST case I guess it’d just mean returning the unit for a refund if you weren’t happy, but still a minor annoyance given the 2-3 hours of lost time putting it on and taking it off, plus shipping costs.

Hopefully Dinan can comment on the impact to a car with the exhaust sound software update, definitively.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by msd3075
I've always wondered how this works, especially since Dinan doesn't have the dealer relationship with MB like it does with BMW.

I just keep thinking in my head about all the horror stories I've heard about home warranties. Everyone is so happy when they sign up thinking everything is covered only to find out how they really function. When they try to make a claim, they find out very quickly the enormous amount of red tape they have to go through, all the approvals that have to take place, all the run around they have to deal with juggling all the personalities they have to deal with whose entire business interest directly revolves around not covering what should be covered, and then the hassle of the shoddy repairmen they are forced to deal with if they want it covered. And in the meantime your A/C is out for over a month in the middle of a heat wave.
To avoid spending your money on a improvement that could cause problems down the road, spend the money on improving the most important thing to make you faster all around, yourself. Take an advanced driving course and once your abilities exceed the car's, improve the car.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:32 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by Chigs
To avoid spending your money on a improvement that could cause problems down the road, spend the money on improving the most important thing to make you faster all around, yourself. Take an advanced driving course and once your abilities exceed the car's, improve the car.
The funny thing was that I was reading an article the other day about how the only way to learn how to drive fast is to drive a slow car. You can't mask your driver faults with more power or with more grip if you're driving a slow car. You're forced to focus on getting all the details correct and learn how to carry momentum through corners instead of just powering out of them.

That being said, we're talking about power and acceleration here in this topic. A better driver can't somehow make an paddle-shift automatic, launch-control equipped car accelerate any quicker compared to what these types of tunes can do.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
Originally Posted by URG8RB8

Hey,
we want to clarify this statement here. Our tune does not eliminate the pops and crackles that come from the factory setup/exhaust.
Our tunes are optimized for performance, but we do not modify the settings that create the mentioned exhaust sounds.
Besides that, on of our goals is to make the cars sound more aggressive with our Downpipes and Mufflers. A large amount of our exhaust R&D time is spend on perfecting the sound of the exhaust upgrades.

Please DM us about the conversation so we can clarify the issue and answer any further questions you may have.
The following users liked this post:
vaelin (10-11-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C63 / C63S)