What do I need to know before I buy a 215 AMG C63S Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
997 Carrera S
What do I need to know before I buy a 215 AMG C63S Sedan

Hello All,

I recently sold my 997 due to the birth of my daughter...it just wasn't going to work for our family.

I've always been intrigued by the AMG cars, and I found a 2015 C63s Sedan recently for 60k.

The car is Polar White, 5 spoke AMG wheels, "standard" AMG S brakes w/ red calipers, black ash interior trim, black seats w/ white trim, IWC clock, etc etc. 20k miles.

It is really really clean and I drove it yesterday. What a hilarious little car. So much power and so much less traction coming from my 911, but I found it to be very playful and fun to drive. It also had WAAAAAAAAAY more space in the rear than I expected from a C class...I'm only 5'10 but there was enough room behind ME for an infant seat. The wife is 5'2" so kids should be no problem, right? The trunk seems a little tight, but all in all it seems like it should work as a family car.

It seems like the 10k-20k services run $4-600 each, and tires are downright CHEAP compared to 911 tires. It appears the stock S brake rotors are expensive when they need replacing, maybe in another 20k miles?

What am I missing? Is there something you wish you knew before you bought that I haven't mentioned? It seems like a hell of a lot of car for $60k.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:58 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
Any factory warranty left?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:02 PM

997 Carrera S
Originally Posted by ErikM
Any factory warranty left?
Its a 2015 w/ 20k miles...I assume it should be good til sometime in 2019. I drive about 5k miles a year so not worried about mileage.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:14 PM

C63s Sedan (W205)
Interested in a polar white 2015 with 24k miles and carbon interior & exterior? $85k MSRP. I'm considering selling for an SUV.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:18 PM

997 Carrera S
Talking

Originally Posted by WhiteC63s
Interested in a polar white 2015 with 24k miles and carbon interior & exterior? $85k MSRP. I'm considering selling for an SUV.

PM'd...but a little nervous that you know something I don't
Old 10-18-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by Elverde
Hello All,

I recently sold my 997 due to the birth of my daughter...it just wasn't going to work for our family.

I've always been intrigued by the AMG cars, and I found a 2015 C63s Sedan recently for 60k.

The car is Polar White, 5 spoke AMG wheels, "standard" AMG S brakes w/ red calipers, black ash interior trim, black seats w/ white trim, IWC clock, etc etc. 20k miles.

It is really really clean and I drove it yesterday. What a hilarious little car. So much power and so much less traction coming from my 911, but I found it to be very playful and fun to drive. It also had WAAAAAAAAAY more space in the rear than I expected from a C class...I'm only 5'10 but there was enough room behind ME for an infant seat. The wife is 5'2" so kids should be no problem, right? The trunk seems a little tight, but all in all it seems like it should work as a family car.

It seems like the 10k-20k services run $4-600 each, and tires are downright CHEAP compared to 911 tires. It appears the stock S brake rotors are expensive when they need replacing, maybe in another 20k miles?

What am I missing? Is there something you wish you knew before you bought that I haven't mentioned? It seems like a hell of a lot of car for $60k.

I have a '15 C63S sedan and (knock on wood) have had no major problems with it whatsoever. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger on buying one.

As for the rear seats and kids, both my kids fit back there fine. It's a little tighter than what others might be used to if they are coming from an SUV or a larger sedan, but it's works for our 2 kids (4 year old and 5 month old). I'm 6'2", and the infant seat fits behind me fine as long as I move my seat forward just an inch or so more than I normally have it. At 5'10", you should have no problems.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Depending on how the previous owner (and you) drive, another 20k on the brakes may be a bit optimistic. The rears in particular tend to wear pretty fast (although those aren't too expensive to replace). Other than higher than typical for the segment/manufacturer rattles and creaks, the W205 C63 has been pretty bullet-proof so far. There are a number of users on here pushing 600HP on modified cars with 20k+ miles with no issues. I'm not sure what the highest mileage we have here is; I think I'v seen a few guys approaching 50k, again with no mechanical issues.

I have a five-year-old, and he fits fine behind me in his car seat (I'm 5'10"), though I have his seat center-mounted currently. He also doesn't complain about hitting his head on the roof as often as on my W204 C63, FWIW. I've got the Pano roof, not sure if the one you're looking at has it. I *think* in a car seat you might actually gain 1/2" or so of headroom w/ the Pano roof. The "second" sunroof kind of lines up right where his head is when his seat is center-mounted, and no headliner there gains you some slight room.

Last edited by nobbyv; 10-18-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
Aww, why'd you sell your 997? I have a toddler and he fits in the back of our 997.1 Turbo just fine.

But to the point: I upgraded from a CLA45 to a C63S, partially because I wanted more space for the family in my daily driver (the 911 Turbo is my wife's "fun car.") When he was an infant, he fit perfectly fine in a rear-facing setup from Combi. We're actually expecting our second one end of this year, so I'll have a rear facing infant carrier and a forward facing toddler seat in there, and it fits just fine with plenty of room. I'm 5'7" and my wife's 5'4".

The trunk is actually quite big; it fits a folded full-size stroller with plenty of room to spare. I've since switched to a compact one (Gbit) that takes up slightly more space than a briefcase.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:44 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
lots of tickets gotta shake up your pockets