MF on C63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 11:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nissan Pathfinder
MF on C63S

im dead set on a C63S.
I just need to know whats a decent deal. I really want to lease but my sense is that leasing is a terrible option for these cars.
I am shopping around for MFs and the lowest anyone is willing to give is .0021.

Can someone please tell me what I should shoot for a 2018 C63s coupe MSRP 91870 for 36 months 12K miles
Thanks in advance
Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 AM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by hkakli
im dead set on a C63S.
I just need to know whats a decent deal. I really want to lease but my sense is that leasing is a terrible option for these cars.
I am shopping around for MFs and the lowest anyone is willing to give is .0021.

Can someone please tell me what I should shoot for a 2018 C63s coupe MSRP 91870 for 36 months 12K miles
Thanks in advance
I don't know where you live or what your credit is like, but a MF of .0021 equates to an APR of 5.04% which is relatively high in my opinion. I would bet you could find a bank or credit union that can offer a better auto-loan rate than that. Where I live 1.9%-3.5% is easy to come by with excellent credit.

YMMV, but a couple words of caution based on a few friend/family experiences leasing through MB Financial - 1. They low-ball the residual value to maximize their profits (seen as low as 47% 3-year residual value!) 2. They try to lure you into another lease on a new car 2.5 years into a 3 year lease and if you choose not to, they nickle and dime you on anything they find "wrong" with the car when the original lease is over (aka "drop-off" option).

I have never personally leased a vehicle because I have yet to find a lease offer that is better than purchasing outright or traditional financing, but I am sure others on this site have.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
If you think that is high, you should have seen what they offered me. They gave me a 9.9% APR and said because of my credit that I couldn't get lower than that. I went to my bank, applied for an auto loan in less than an hour and they gave me 3%. When I brought it to Mercedes they insisted on calling my bank to get the same percentage but I refused but they ended up doing it anyways. The finance department was so pissed that they didn't make any money because I brought a loan from my own bank. My suggestion is try a loan with your preferred bank and from there you can see what range you should fall under. I also prefer buying over leasing, because you can always trade it in without having to pay for extra miles or anything else and don't have to pay extra if you want to keep your car for longer.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
Buy it. Take good care of it. Then sell it when you're done to recoup more of your cash.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG c63s
Leases through MB are the worst I have ever seen. I had 840 credit score and they wanted $1780/mo for the c63 Coupe($88K) I ended up buying it. I could have gotten a Porsche 911 (price $120K) for less money then MB wanted for the C63s lease. If you want an AMG it is best to purchase. My suggestion is to get a loan from your bank before you go to MB and negotiate the price without telling them you have the loan. I have purchased a lot of new cars in my life and the 3 MB dealerships I went to were some of the worst. They all just wanted to negotiate using the line "how much do you want to pay per month." I felt like I was at used car dealerships not high end luxury brands. I do not like playing the games these dealerships like to play. If they treat me fair I buy the car and if not I move on to the next dealership.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Pros and cons to both. Leasing guarantees you don't have a value issue if an accident ever occurred. Mileage applies to both leases and purchases. Your trade in value will depend on mileage. You can always sell your leased vehicle. I have for my past 3 leases. Making money back in each case.There's about a $6500 dollar difference after 3 years between loan and lease. Meaning, if you sell your purchased car after 3 years at the residual value and pay off the remaining loan balance (based on 5 yr loan @2.5%), compared to the AMG lease, you will have paid about $6500 more for the lease. That's a bit of cash, but if you have any auto repair, be it hail damage or fender bender or worse, it'll likely hurt your resale more than that. Whatever your comfortable with.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Leasing guarantees you don't have a value issue if an accident ever occurred.
This is the line that the finance people pitch EVERY time, but is misleading and the devil is in the details...

"Value" is the key word here and it is a matter of semantics. The value is agreed upon at the signing of the lease in the form of residual values (based on mileage speculation and current market data). The finance guy will say: "even if you get damage to vehicle, the residual value wont change." This is true, but that doesn't mean that MB wont charge you and arm and a leg for any damage present or even normal wear/tear when you turn in the vehicle. If you are getting charged for damage, it is essentially no different than lowering the value of the vehicle - just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

There are many more complexities involved, permutations possible, damage protection plans offered, and acceptable wear/tear stipulations, etc. Every lease agreement is different, but read the below articles if interested...
https://jalopnik.com/what-to-do-if-y...ged-1788862827

https://www.leaseguide.com/articles/...-car-accident/
Old 10-25-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by HarrySeaward
This is the line that the finance people pitch EVERY time, but is misleading and the devil is in the details...

"Value" is the key word here and it is a matter of semantics. The value is agreed upon at the signing of the lease in the form of residual values (based on mileage speculation and current market data). The finance guy will say: "even if you get damage to vehicle, the residual value wont change." This is true, but that doesn't mean that MB wont charge you and arm and a leg for any damage present or even normal wear/tear when you turn in the vehicle. If you are getting charged for damage, it is essentially no different than lowering the value of the vehicle - just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

There are many more complexities involved, permutations possible, damage protection plans offered, and acceptable wear/tear stipulations, etc. Every lease agreement is different, but read the below articles if interested...
https://jalopnik.com/what-to-do-if-y...ged-1788862827

https://www.leaseguide.com/articles/...-car-accident/
Good points. I guess what I was referring to is that at the end of the lease, you can just turn in your car and not worry about car fax reports or diminished value from accidents. Repair costs via insurance or out of pocket are the same whether leased or purchased, so I was assuming that the car would be returned fixed, and with only normal wear and tear. I've not heard that "pitch" from the dealer, but since I get a new car every 3 years, leasing has proven very comfortable for me. I do hate the high money factors on AMG's, no doubt about that. I've also never been in an accident with one of my AMG's (knock on wood) so I have certainly lost some money in that respect. But I do drive with no worries or concern for the future resale value of the car, which suits me well.