Serious Issue with suspension!!! So frustrating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63 S
Serious Issue with suspension!!! So frustrating

Hi there C63 fellow owners!
Ohh boy where do I start, recently my car started to feel firmer as if I'm driving in Sport mode.
Tried disconnecting strut sensors which made ride even more jumpier, connected it back in and it improved it a little but still it is not Comfort more I know and feel it for sure.
Disconnecting battery didn't help either. Went to two different dealers and they cant find a problem since control module and all of the sensors checks out according to their scanning results.
So I'm stuck with this issue along with some rattle and squeak coming from the drivers side from under the car going over uneven road surfaces not the bumps, dealer couldn't replicate this issue as well
I'm at the point calling MB USA and ask them to buy it back since fixing it my self will cost me couple of grand which is unacceptable. My question is if anyone experienced this issue what was the fix. BTW suspension button works fine it shows on the screen Comfort sport and sport+ when pressed but the ride is still feels like in Sport.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
MY17 C63s Sedan
I am not too sure about your firm suspension issue however are you sure the squeak is coming from the suspension? I had a squeak before and initially I also thought it was coming from the suspension but then after further investigation, I found the squeak was coming from the front fender where it meets the headlights. I then slipped in a piece of felt tape and the squeak was gone.
The following users liked this post:
Geno40 (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Uh, what? So your ride is harsh, they can't find anything wrong and you want them to buy it back? Go see another dealer. Check your tire pressure. It seems a little dramatic. There's only a slight difference between C and S+ anyway, it's not going to be night and day.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Geno40
Hi there C63 fellow owners!
Ohh boy where do I start, recently my car started to feel firmer as if I'm driving in Sport mode.
Tried disconnecting strut sensors which made ride even more jumpier, connected it back in and it improved it a little but still it is not Comfort more I know and feel it for sure.
Disconnecting battery didn't help either. Went to two different dealers and they cant find a problem since control module and all of the sensors checks out according to their scanning results.
So I'm stuck with this issue along with some rattle and squeak coming from the drivers side from under the car going over uneven road surfaces not the bumps, dealer couldn't replicate this issue as well
I'm at the point calling MB USA and ask them to buy it back since fixing it my self will cost me couple of grand which is unacceptable. My question is if anyone experienced this issue what was the fix. BTW suspension button works fine it shows on the screen Comfort sport and sport+ when pressed but the ride is still feels like in Sport.
Thanks in advance!
So how many miles do you have on the car and did it just start doing this all at once or what?
Did you buy it new? Like others have said not that much difference between C and S+.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 PM

2016 C63 S
Bought it new, 30k at the moment completely stock except for Porterfield pads and floating front rotors. Not sure exactly when it started behaving like that just noticed it recently, what I'm suspecting is when it was "fine" to me tire pressure was at 30 or so in the back and 33 on the front now its 36 front and 33 back. Thing is I could definitely feel the difference before between comfort and sport now its like in sport all the time, my tires are due for replacement so on the new set I'll try to set the pressure low and see how it feels. Regarding rattle and squeak though its annoying as hell and dealers state that they cant replicate it, going to have to find a road around the area and take their tech guy with me for a ride.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:43 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
W205 c63s AMG
Oem suspension is harsh and trash imo

Go buy some kw v3s or BC racing ER and call it a day. Rides 100x better and handles like crazy
Old 05-11-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by Geno40
Bought it new, 30k at the moment completely stock except for Porterfield pads and floating front rotors. Not sure exactly when it started behaving like that just noticed it recently, what I'm suspecting is when it was "fine" to me tire pressure was at 30 or so in the back and 33 on the front now its 36 front and 33 back. Thing is I could definitely feel the difference before between comfort and sport now its like in sport all the time, my tires are due for replacement so on the new set I'll try to set the pressure low and see how it feels. Regarding rattle and squeak though its annoying as hell and dealers state that they cant replicate it, going to have to find a road around the area and take their tech guy with me for a ride.
So you have a "serious issue with the suspension" that's "so frustrating", so your solution is to not bother taking the two minutes to check the thing that is likely causing the "issue" until you get new tires? Instead, you take more time than it would have taken to get a tire gauge and check the tire pressures to post to this site and also mention you're contemplating asking MB to buy the car back. Got it.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by JWreck
Uh, what? So your ride is harsh, they can't find anything wrong and you want them to buy it back? Go see another dealer. Check your tire pressure. It seems a little dramatic. There's only a slight difference between C and S+ anyway, it's not going to be night and day.
Seriously, what a cry baby. Go buy a lexus old man.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:14 AM

2016 C63 S
You guys are cracking me up!
nobbyv - If you've got nothing nice to say don't... I've changed my own brakes/rotors on this car and lots of small things I do routinely, just can't wrap my brain around this electrical or possibly mechanical issue and was hoping to hear if someone had similar experience and how it was resolved.

raudiace4 : Indeed, I'm getting old probably and need something more plush (early 40s) If I wanted to switch I wouldn't be posting here. It's my first merc and to this day Steering rack, belts and pulley, battery and slip differential were replaced within 2 years of ownership.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Check to be sure the fuse that controls the suspension is not blown. As a side note, if you have done any Add-a-fuse work in the fuse box, you may have inadvertently tapped in to it.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Side note: Your first post does come across very odd......wanting MB to buy back a car for suspension/ride and squeaks. In light of your last post noting the other issues you've had, it's easier to see what got you to this point. Based on the initial post, the responses above are not really out of line! On my car, pretty noticeable difference between C and S+.